Low Toxin Diet Grant Genereux's Theory Of Vitamin A Toxicity

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Bloating, excess hair shedding/dandruff, puffy lips, excess collagen, bleeding and dry knuckles, anemic symptoms, mood is stable, no longer sensitive to sun

Might be missing some but thats off the top of my head
Vitapoison A strikes again! That is fantastic you found relief. Thank you for update. :hattip

Orion

Hey guys. Finally getting off the zero A diet. I feel great, gonna go back to my regular diet and lifestyle again. Everything is pretty much healed, Thank you all

Good to hear, hoping it sticks @thomas200 Are you planning to use high VA foods as staples? liver, eggs, fortified dairy, etc...

I am over 14 months low VA and continue to slowly transition to better health, looking forward to testing this as well, but will probably wait until 24 months is up.

saraleah

I'm happy to read that some have had improvements because of this diet and are sticking to it a while, am now just past 6 months very low A. Not zero but very low.
In past I was a long term vegetarian, and had been vegan for 5 years, until my then spouse convinced me it wasn't healthy. I tried Keto with him, felt lousy, gained weight, but we were eating cheese, bacon, pork, butter too. Back then I decided to add lovely green soups to my diet with kale, collards, escarole..became very ill, quickly. Got diagnosed with auto immune disease. Of course I blamed the meat, went vegan again and straight downhill. That was 5 years ago.
No cure for the disease just steroids and estrogen which I refused. Soups like that are ALL over Pinterest.
I discovered this controversial thread 7/18/19, having been on this forum for a while, searching for answers to recover my health.
So on 7/18 I went thru the house and found EVERY skin care product contained Retinyl Palmitate, there was A added to my low fat grass fed milk, Retin A on my skin due to acne. I was told I had fatty liver 10 yrs ago. Already had cataracts, and terrible vision even after surgery. I had already been Peating for a year, still had autoimmune disease.
With all the pros and cons posted, the cons were pretty much convincing me not to do this, but I had nothing left to lose. Health and marriage both gone in past 5 yrs.
I have been writing sporadically to Blossom about improvements but have been quiet for a while. She has been a terrific support along with this forum, and Grants books and discussion.
Improvements came pretty quickly along with some crazy setbacks, but continued anyway. I am now free of misery long enough to post this. And can see really well. I try and eat organic, and have found by trial and error I am also sensitive to oxalate, so I do this without high oxalate beans or potato. I do have some gluten and low A- low ox vegetables and fruit. I still do some Peaty things like make bone broths, avoid added vegetable fats, allow sugar in my coffee.
Past attempt to resolve my health issue with a low oxalate diet had failed so I am pretty sure the A was a contributing factor as well.
There is no doubt in my mind that for some this is helpful, and although I was concerned about the cons and am grateful to have discovered this information. Hope this helps someone.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I'm happy to read that some have had improvements because of this diet and are sticking to it a while, am now just past 6 months very low A. Not zero but very low.
In past I was a long term vegetarian, and had been vegan for 5 years, until my then spouse convinced me it wasn't healthy. I tried Keto with him, felt lousy, gained weight, but we were eating cheese, bacon, pork, butter too. Back then I decided to add lovely green soups to my diet with kale, collards, escarole..became very ill, quickly. Got diagnosed with auto immune disease. Of course I blamed the meat, went vegan again and straight downhill. That was 5 years ago.
No cure for the disease just steroids and estrogen which I refused. Soups like that are ALL over Pinterest.
I discovered this controversial thread 7/18/19, having been on this forum for a while, searching for answers to recover my health.
So on 7/18 I went thru the house and found EVERY skin care product contained Retinyl Palmitate, there was A added to my low fat grass fed milk, Retin A on my skin due to acne. I was told I had fatty liver 10 yrs ago. Already had cataracts, and terrible vision even after surgery. I had already been Peating for a year, still had autoimmune disease.
With all the pros and cons posted, the cons were pretty much convincing me not to do this, but I had nothing left to lose. Health and marriage both gone in past 5 yrs.
I have been writing sporadically to Blossom about improvements but have been quiet for a while. She has been a terrific support along with this forum, and Grants books and discussion.
Improvements came pretty quickly along with some crazy setbacks, but continued anyway. I am now free of misery long enough to post this. And can see really well. I try and eat organic, and have found by trial and error I am also sensitive to oxalate, so I do this without high oxalate beans or potato. I do have some gluten and low A- low ox vegetables and fruit. I still do some Peaty things like make bone broths, avoid added vegetable fats, allow sugar in my coffee.
Past attempt to resolve my health issue with a low oxalate diet had failed so I am pretty sure the A was a contributing factor as well.
There is no doubt in my mind that for some this is helpful, and although I was concerned about the cons and am grateful to have discovered this information. Hope this helps someone.
Wonderful, I’m glad you are feeling better!

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
It is great that you feel much better and with such simple diet changes. I have been eating a low A diet for eleven months and I don’t have any intention to change it. I hope you get better and better.

Tarmander

of those doing the low VA diet...are you doing the meat, beans, rice low VA diet...or Smith's new alternate low VA diet that includes asparagus, green beans, and some other VA foods?

RWilly

I'm curious if those who do better on a low vitamin A diet have ancestry from lower latitude countries (and have perhaps darker skin) or currently live in hot climates.
Dairy originally came from northern European countries and it took a while for the dairy industry to be able to transport dairy products to other countries prior to refrigeration. Many people living closer the equator are lactose intolerant. Could it be that they may also be vitamin A (from dairy) intolerant as well?

"According to the National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse, some 30 million to 50 million Americans are lactose intolerant, including up to 75 percent of African Americans and American Indians and 90 percent of Asian Americans."

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
of those doing the low VA diet...are you doing the meat, beans, rice low VA diet...or Smith's new alternate low VA diet that includes asparagus, green beans, and some other VA foods?
I’m not including green vegetables at this time.

somuch4food

I'm curious if those who do better on a low vitamin A diet have ancestry from lower latitude countries (and have perhaps darker skin) or currently live in hot climates.
Dairy originally came from northern European countries and it took a while for the dairy industry to be able to transport dairy products to other countries prior to refrigeration. Many people living closer the equator are lactose intolerant. Could it be that they may also be vitamin A (from dairy) intolerant as well?

"According to the National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse, some 30 million to 50 million Americans are lactose intolerant, including up to 75 percent of African Americans and American Indians and 90 percent of Asian Americans."

I hardly think dairy is the main source of A in modern diet unless you count milk fortification.

The problem is that there is too much focus on colorful fruits and vegetables in mainstream nutritional advice and some other fad diets. People pound colorful vegetables because they are supposedly healthy, but one look at traditional diets is enough to understand that they are not the central piece of human nutrition, they are addons.

Liver, CLO, skin products, medication, fortification and carotenoids are probably more problematic sources depending on quantity.

Earlier in the thread, it was mentioned that sunlight is a detoxification mechanism for retinoic acid and so, the less light you get the less A you potentially tolerate.

RWilly

Earlier in the thread, it was mentioned that sunlight is a detoxification mechanism for retinoic acid and so, the less light you get the less A you potentially tolerate.

I haven't thought about sunlight in terms of vitamin A 'detoxification'. Makes sense. There is research showing that the blue light from looking at devices/computers all day long, uses up a lot of carotenoids.

somuch4food

I haven't thought about sunlight in terms of vitamin A 'detoxification'. Makes sense. There is research showing that the blue light from looking at devices/computers all day long, (especially at night) uses up a lot of carotenoids.

Then, I would think that being outside would use up way more carotenoids since the sun is way brighter than any screen.

RWilly

I don’t think just me alone disproves your theory at all.

True. And thank you for answering my questions. I find the experience you and others are having to be fascinating. But yet it
goes against so much of the research that is out there.

You are also doing a low oxalate diet right? I guess a low oxalate diet would likely lower carotenoid intake.

What are your main foods right now?

RWilly

Then, I would think that being outside would use up way more carotenoids since the sun is way brighter than any screen.

Yep. But then on a different note, people of lighter skin are more prone to melanoma with a vitamin A deficiency.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
One okra pickle per week is the only green thing I eat. I do eat strawberries, kiwi and pineapple. I have one apple a day. All my yellowish skin is gone. My big toenails still have some orange color to them at the ends. My friend, who eats lots of colorful vegetables and used to drink green shakes full of her home grown spinach, has the yellow tint to her skin. I thought it was normal because my dad had it, too. He encouraged us to eat good vegetables and grew lots of winter squash as well as other vegetables. My husband has never had a yellow tint to his skin even while eating all the same stuff I ate. He eats what I eat and egg yolks now.

I was still yellow even when I worked outside.

Back when I prepared fresh spinach I often wondered how people in times past were able to wash it well. I don’t think they could. Also, eating greens was what some people did only in the spring when they were young and fresh. Even then they were well cooked.

gaze

Me:

I have been hearing you recommend vitamin D very often recently, so I have been trying to learn how it interacts with thyroid and C02 since it seems like things that are very broadly helpful always have some interaction with C02.

I have read vitamin D lowers iron in the blood and puts it into organs, so I am guessing it is lowering iron usage for producing neurotransmitters. With lowered neurotransmission, there is more GABA_B tone and the brain is quieted, and breathing rate is lowered. As breathing rate is lowered, C02 levels go up, and with higher C02 there are broad health-protective effects.

Vitamin A seems to have the opposite effect by removing iron from organs and increasing its usage (maybe that can be bad for people with high iron stores, which might explain at least partially the current anti-vitamin A trend I keep hearing about).

Do you think this hypothesis could be on the right track and if so, does this mean that eating lots of vitamin A from calf liver to get the iron into your bloodstream and then donating blood, by drastically lowering the body's iron stores, could make vitamin D supplementation unnecessary? Or does vitamin D have deeper effects that go beyond iron, neurotransmitters, breathing rate?

RP:

Yes, vitamin D has very basic effects, including the klotho system, adrenals and parathyroid, renin-angiotensins system, and thyroid function. I read the anti-vitamin A book, and found no evidence in it to support his ideas.

Ray mentioned generouxs book again on sunday in an email to @lampofred , for anyone who missed it in the email thread

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals