Low Toxin Diet Grant Genereux's Theory Of Vitamin A Toxicity

thomas200

Cool... what are the benefits you've seen?
Well, I must mention that i overdosed from a supplement.

- hair went from looking super thin and coarse to nice wavy and thick again
- excess collagen is gone
- my brain is healing in ways i never knew was possible, i wish i could go more into detail but its too complicated to explain
- no more anemia symptoms
- lips are no longer swollen/super red
- my knuckles would bleed from being so dry, took 7 months to fully recover from that.
- i used to have loads of acne (why i took VA in the first place) and that hasnt came back at all even after detoxing
- bloating has disappeared
- no longer sensitive to specific foods

there is probably more, but i cant remember at the moment. One thing I did find super interesting was my OCD phase as well as insaaaneee mood swings. Think that was all part of the brain healing

Momentum

I'm 1 year and 2 months almost on the diet, 18 y/o. First 7 months low A, last 6.5 months zero A. Incredible results so far, I will stop being so strict on myself Jan. 31st 2020
Would you please give us examples of what you eat in a week?

thomas200

Would you please give us examples of what you eat in a week?
Lean ground beef, white rice, canned black beans, 1 tbsp sunflower oil, and a peeled apple every 3 days, all organic as well. I like to have a cheat meal around once a month with some friends

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
Low A has been the best thing for my long time problems with too much estrogen. I used some boron recently that brought back a lot if of the estrogen symptoms even while still eating a low a diet. I quit the boron and hope to return to my previous state.

I have been in social situations where I have eaten some ham and each time my lips get dry and peel. Before the low a diet I used chapstick or other constantly throughout the day. Now I never use it and my lips are fine.

InChristAlone

Low A has been the best thing for my long time problems with too much estrogen. I used some boron recently that brought back a lot if of the estrogen symptoms even while still eating a low a diet. I quit the boron and hope to return to my previous state.

I have been in social situations where I have eaten some ham and each time my lips get dry and peel. Before the low a diet I used chapstick or other constantly throughout the day. Now I never use it and my lips are fine.
Yeah my lips are so smooth. I remember when I was at my height of the Weston A Price style diet I had constant peeling cracked raw lips. Even in summer! I didn't know the importance of light back then though, so maybe it would have been better had I been getting enough UV.

Boron also gives me bad estrogen symptoms. At first it seems to promote libido then things go downhill.

InChristAlone

Could you explain what those oestrogen symptoms are?

Anxiety is my top estrogen symptom. Feeling worried for no apparent reason. Brain on fire, which for me just feels like my brain is inflamed feels kinda buzzy but not painful, very hard to explain. Just a sense things aren't going so well in there maybe causing the anxiety.

Tarmander

I will write a large update for my log, but just to give a quick note. My symptoms of asthma and gut problems that I have written about several times in this thread do not appear to be attached to vitamin A. I added in a couple eggs per morning for around a month...did not do anything at all. Didn't notice a thing. Salsa on the other hand seems to help a bit. I will write another update later, but if you are still experiencing "detox" symptoms, it is possible it is something else entirely.

LLight

Anxiety is my top estrogen symptom. Feeling worried for no apparent reason. Brain on fire, which for me just feels like my brain is inflamed feels kinda buzzy but not painful, very hard to explain. Just a sense things aren't going so well in there maybe causing the anxiety.

I don't want to appear like I'm denying your experience wrt boron supplementation but have you considered that it could be some kind of Herxeimer reaction?

Boron seems to stimulate the immune system.

InChristAlone

I don't want to appear like I'm denying your experience wrt boron supplementation but have you considered that it could be some kind of Herxeimer reaction?

Yeah I'm not ruling that out. But if the symptoms are too bad I don't continue.

postman

Yeah I'm not ruling that out. But if the symptoms are too bad I don't continue.
Boron is also known to increase both testosterone and estrogen.

LLight

Boron is also known to increase both testosterone and estrogen.

Indeed, Travis who wrote some comments about boron mentioned that fact. I'm not sure in what extent boron excess could be offset by an increase in testosterone production.

Dave Clark

Indeed, Travis who wrote some comments about boron mentioned that fact. I'm not sure in what extent boron excess could be offset by an increase in testosterone production.
The study I saw showed boron raised testosterone in the first few weeks, then ended up raising estrogen. Some recommend cycling its use to help prevent that, not sure if that even works. With all the questions about boron, more testing needs to be done to find out what this mineral is doing to people.

postman

Cheese isn't all that low pufa honestly. I don't eat cheese. The only real benefits of low pufa are seen at the ultra low intakes (less than a gram or two a day or even as low as 0.5 gram a day). RP himself only eats 1.5 gram a day now. You can blow over your PUFA limit with just a small serving of cheese hence why I stopped eating it.

I recently became aware of the vast importance of gelatin to balance out protein amino acids also, I note you didn't list gelatin in your foods? Cheese and milk etc and muscle meats really hurt you with tryptophan if it is not balanced with gelatin. I notice this for myself to be true. I also rarely eat leafy greens, and only eat them cooked when I do. I have noticed that raw leafy greens are very goitrogenic.

Just curious though - what did you do from 2012 onwards and why did you change up the diet if it was working for 3 yrs?
What do you base this statement on?

TwiNN

FYI, Chris Masterjohn addressed the topic in his blog. He writes claiming that Vitamin A is intrinsically toxic is "flat-Earth level thinking".

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
0D950F26-8A7D-4ADD-A778-8DC4A094869C.png
Recent serum vitamin A and RBP after 18 months low A.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals