Low Toxin Diet Grant Genereux's Theory Of Vitamin A Toxicity

Tarmander

I just saw the results from the poll and some of Grant's thoughts. I thought this graph expertly showed my experience, although falling down that low is probably not accurate.

fkhqZRleTXS02qGDmkWdVD08rj3pi916S4jUvdjMrmDacJV4h9C5tzw9eY60etNdc-lfrYQCefF7eUglZo3641yUFx57E-etmIeDXkXmKa4cw_YbrOU9c1KDlNYhpG_L8hIUuWnU

I have found that slowly overtime my breathing difficulties are getting slightly worse. I need to use slightly more glutathione to stay breathing easy. The only time I feel like I am really breathing exceptionally well is right after I get a myer's cocktail with a push of 200mg of glutathione. That great feeling lasts for a few days, followed by a week of soso, and then another week of looking forward to the next myer's.

My brain function feels exceptional. In fact, it seems to be getting better and better. So fast and able to work for hours and hours. I am actually amazed at it sometimes. I am at 100mph surrounded by people going 30mph.

Muscle tone is also getting better. Muscle tone and breathing problems seem to be inversely correlated. The more jacked I feel, the harder it is to breathe. I was able to do 50 push ups the other day for the first time in...I dunno forever it feels like...college maybe.

There is a liver formula by Himalaya called Livercare here in the states, or Liv52 internationally. This formula gives me a super muscle pump and I am gasping for breath also.

Grant's reasoning behind vitamin A detox seems very accurate in my case...also seems inevitable. Like the more I detox A, the more fat I burn and the higher my metabolism, which increases vitamin A release and so increases detox. I am a bit worried about what happens when breathing gets really bad? I guess inhalable steroids? An option to avoid. Nothing else I have tried seems to be working for the breathing though.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I am a bit worried about what happens when breathing gets really bad? I guess inhalable steroids? An option to avoid. Nothing else I have tried seems to be working for the breathing though.
If you have to go the pharmaceutical route maybe Singulair be worth investigating?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Yeah I have a bottle of it. Haven’t tried it yet though...I’ve read of some rough sides
Yeah, I understand. It seems like they might not be as bad as steroids though but probably not as effective either.

burtlancast

Aspartame is a big problem because the breakdown pathway for it is that it first gets converted into formaldehyde. The resulting formaldehyde will therefore compete for our precious alcohol and aldehyde dehydrogenase enzymes."

So, according to Grant, formaldehyde is a substrate for alcohol dehydrogenase, and not an end-product?

Seems like apart from his preposterous Vit A nonsense, Grant can't even get basic chemistry right.

Vinero

So, according to Grant, formaldehyde is a substrate for alcohol dehydrogenase, and not an end-product?

Seems like apart from his preposterous Vit A nonsense, Grant can't even get basic chemistry right.
Grant is just saying that the body has two important enzymes to help get rid of vitamin A. Alcohol dehydrogenase and aldehyde dehydrogenase. Since cauliflower is high in formaldehyde, the body uses some of these enzymes to deal with the formaldehyde from cauliflower. The body now has less of the dehydrogenase enzymes to deal with the vitamin A.

The alcohol dehydrogenase and aldehyde dehydrogenase enzymes are zinc dependent by the way. So here we see again how important it is to get enough zinc.
Casein, the main protein in dairy, interferes with the absorption of zinc. That's why my health went downhill so fast when I was getting most of my daily protein from milk and cheese. Peat says the muscle meats are inflammatory, but the exact opposite is true. Most of the inflammation in my body has totally been reversed going from eating a dairy based diet to a meat based diet.
Zinc and Taurine are severely lacking in a diet which excludes muscle meats. Both are important to get rid of vitamin A.

Last edited:

Amazoniac

I keep having this impression whenever I read stuff by Grant or the prick:

- Multiple sclerosis, protein, fats, and progesterone

"There is something almost esthetically pleasing when so many major errors are concentrated into a single article."​

Poison A could tax the already compromised acetate availability due to gut issues (which appears to be common here), whether through inflammation or not. The fraction of cholesterol that goes to steroib hormones is relatively small -- according to Raj, synthesis of the precursor pregnenolone is 30-50 mg/d, so you have an idea for the derivatives -- compared to the synthesis of cholesterol that can be 1200 mg/d. Acetate is involved in its production, doesn't need to be derived from the gut, but the supply is monstrous: 9 grams if I got it right. I'm mentioning this because other aspects might be affected earlier than the hormones.

However, venom D is taken from the cholesterol pool if it's photosynthesized, can be 80 mcg/d and this is enough to have a great impact on the body, so it's not just a matter of amount. Same for poison A, about 1000 mcg/d. Both toxins regulate bile, which will influence metabolism.

Short-chain fatty acids tend to be disturbed in autoimmune diseases, consuming them orally can only make up to a certain extent.

On consuming substantial quantities of vinegar without neutralizing:
- "The Primary Sources Of Acidity In The Diet Are Sulfur-containing AAs, Salt, And Phosphoric Acid"

- Concentration and formation behavior of naturally occurring formaldehyde in foods (30 ppm of cauliflower weight: eating 1 kg of it a day would provide you 30 mg)

His justification is not related to the reactiveness of aldehydes and potential for irritation, it's competition for resources. In this case..

- Endogenous formaldehyde turnover in humans compared with exogenous contribution from food sources | EFSA

"There are numerous sources of endogenous formaldehyde including the one carbon pool, amino acid metabolism (serine, glycine, methionine, and choline), methanol metabolism, lipid peroxidation, and P450 dependent demethylation (e.g. O-, N-, and S-methyl) (Dhareshwar and Stella, 2008; Swenberg et al., 2011). The metabolism of formaldehyde is rapid and catalysed by glutathione-dependent formaldehyde dehydrogenase (which is also known as alcohol dehydrogenase 5, ADH5) and S-formyl-glutathione hydrolase to formic acid. Formic acid then enters the one-carbon pool where it can be incorporated as a methyl group into nucleic acids and proteins and is either excreted in the urine or oxidised to carbon dioxide and exhaled at a significantly slower rate than its formation from formaldehyde (formic acid halflife in plasma is between 1 and 6 h) (Dhareshwar and Stella, 2008). ADH5 has been detected in all human tissues at all stages of development, from embryo through adult. The electrophilic nature of formaldehyde makes it reactive towards a variety of endogenous molecules, including glutathione, proteins, nucleic acids and folic acid. (NTP, 2011). Ideally, an evaluation of the fate of formaldehyde in vivo requires a distinction between products which are normal cellular metabolites, those which are detoxification products and those which are formed chemically in localized tissues due to the reactivity of formaldehyde (Dhareshwar and Stella, 2008)."

"Formaldehyde concentration in the blood of mammals resulting from endogenous production is similar in different species with 2.2, 2.4 and 2.6 mg/L in the rat, monkey and humans, respectively (Heck et al., 1982; 1985; Casanova et al., 1988). In order to estimate the total content of formaldehyde in the human body, authors have assumed that it is present in all aqueous body fluids because of its water solubility and have estimated its half life in humans as 1-1.5 min (Sullivan and Krieger, 2001) with a volume of distribution as approximately total body water (42 and 49 L for an adult of 60 and 70 kg, respectively), giving a total body content of 1.82 mg/kg bw and using the steady state concentration of 2.6 mg/L. Based on the latter total body formaldehyde content and the reported half-lives of 1 and 1.5 min (Clary and Sullivan, 2001), there would be a turnover of 0.61-0.91 mg formaldehyde/kg bw per minute or 878-1310 mg formaldehyde/kg bw per day to maintain a formaldehyde steady state concentration of 2.6 mg/L in the blood stream (Cascieri and Clary, 1992; Dhareshwar and Stella, 2008)."

"With regards to aspartame, the Scientific Panel on food additives and nutrients in its scientific opinion on the re-evaluation of aspartame has discussed that aspartame is partially metabolised into methanol (10% of a dose per weight) which is then further oxidised sequentially to formaldehyde by alcohol dehydrogenase in humans, formic acid or formate in a pH-dependent manner and finally to carbon dioxide (EFSA, 2013). Endogenous methanol production also occurs and the Panel estimated the basal endogenous methanol production to range from a minimum of 2 to a maximum of 9 mg/kg bw per day in adults. In addition, pectin degradation from fruit and vegetables has been shown to be a source of methanol and the Panel has estimated that the body increases in methanol production following consumption of pectin-containing foods such as apples would range by an additional 6-20 mg/kg bw per day. On a daily basis, endogenous methanol and methanol from pectin degradation would range from 8 to about 34 mg/kg bw per day (mean to high level exposure) (EFSA, 2013). Based on actual usage data, methanol from aspartame (8-34 mg/kg bw per day) only contributes 0.5-9.7% of the total exposure to methanol from endogenous and exogenous sources (EFSA, 2013). Assuming exposure to aspartame at the current Acceptable Daily Intake (ADI) of 40 mg/kg bw per day and a 10% conversion to methanol additional exposure to methanol (4 mg/kg bw per day) would be well below endogenous and background levels in food (2 to 9-fold). Further conversion of methanol to formaldehyde would yield a daily exposure of 4 mg/kg bw per day, which would only represent 0.3-0.4 % of the total formaldehyde exposure, based on a daily turnover of formaldehyde of 878-1310 mg/kg bw per day (EFSA, 2013)."​

Your tissues are not contaminated, stop chasing ghosts.

Last edited:

Amazoniac

Moderate alcohol consumption is fine and probably wealthy.

- Unit of alcohol - Wikipedia

"One unit of alcohol (UK) is defined as 10 millilitres (8 grams) of pure alcohol.[2][3] Typical drinks (i.e., typical quantities or servings of common alcoholic beverages) may contain 1–3 units of alcohol.[3]"

"A large (250 ml) glass of 12% ABV [alcohol by volume] red wine has about three units of alcohol. A medium (175 ml) glass has about two units."​

This can be an ingestion of 15 grams of it a day.

- Toxic Alcohol Ingestions: Clinical Features, Diagnosis, and Management

upload_2019-10-14_9-18-26.png

If we simplify for comparison, it would be ethanol and poisonol being metabolized to acetaldehyde and poisonaldehyde, then to acetic acid and poisonoic acid.

A person taking 100,000 IU or 0.03 g of poison A a day wouldn't be getting close to those 15 g that have to be processed immediately. There has to be more to the story.

Last edited:

postman

I just saw the results from the poll and some of Grant's thoughts. I thought this graph expertly showed my experience, although falling down that low is probably not accurate.

fkhqZRleTXS02qGDmkWdVD08rj3pi916S4jUvdjMrmDacJV4h9C5tzw9eY60etNdc-lfrYQCefF7eUglZo3641yUFx57E-etmIeDXkXmKa4cw_YbrOU9c1KDlNYhpG_L8hIUuWnU

I have found that slowly overtime my breathing difficulties are getting slightly worse. I need to use slightly more glutathione to stay breathing easy. The only time I feel like I am really breathing exceptionally well is right after I get a myer's cocktail with a push of 200mg of glutathione. That great feeling lasts for a few days, followed by a week of soso, and then another week of looking forward to the next myer's.

My brain function feels exceptional. In fact, it seems to be getting better and better. So fast and able to work for hours and hours. I am actually amazed at it sometimes. I am at 100mph surrounded by people going 30mph.

Muscle tone is also getting better. Muscle tone and breathing problems seem to be inversely correlated. The more jacked I feel, the harder it is to breathe. I was able to do 50 push ups the other day for the first time in...I dunno forever it feels like...college maybe.

There is a liver formula by Himalaya called Livercare here in the states, or Liv52 internationally. This formula gives me a super muscle pump and I am gasping for breath also.

Grant's reasoning behind vitamin A detox seems very accurate in my case...also seems inevitable. Like the more I detox A, the more fat I burn and the higher my metabolism, which increases vitamin A release and so increases detox. I am a bit worried about what happens when breathing gets really bad? I guess inhalable steroids? An option to avoid. Nothing else I have tried seems to be working for the breathing though.
What are you eating?

Jamo77

Have reduced my Vitamin A intake and the results are really positive so far. But I struggle with an addiction - ice cream and flavored milk. Anyone with ideas on how to overcome this?

InChristAlone

Have reduced my Vitamin A intake and the results are really positive so far. But I struggle with an addiction - ice cream and flavored milk. Anyone with ideas on how to overcome this?
There's probably a reason you want the ice cream, it's usually stress. Once you are more healthy you won't want it anymore. I had to eat Haagen Dazs all winter (melted couldn't handle it cold) for the calories because my appetite was so low from the winter. I don't really want it in the summertime when I can handle more juice and fruit to meet calorie needs. Strange because summertime is when people consume it lol.

gaze

Beans meat and potatoes mainly. But I snack a lot on lowish vit A foods like trail mix.

you probably mentioned this in a previous post which i missed, but is your difficulty breathing mainly shortness of breath or is a clogged nasal system a part of it as well? Could it be your not eating enough to keep up with co2 storage/production? maybe some sugar from concord grape juice might help

Last edited:

thomas200

@Tarmander does it feel like you can’t grab a full breath of air? This happens to me and I’m also a pretty cut dude, maybe it has something to do with our bf%.. more detox i guess :cool:

thomas200

I have a quick question about this detox stuff -

I go through detox phases. But the symptoms are reduced with each detox phase. I will go into and come out of a detox phase feeling better than I previously did.

My question is if I were to stop this elimination diet completely, would I be at how I feel at my best or at my worst? I’d appreciate any feedback

InChristAlone

I think the more cut you are the more you run on adrenaline and thus the more your body is amped up, hyperventilating in preparation for running from a tiger. I had it when I was thin too.

TradClare

This won't be a peaty comment, but I had that feeling of not being able to to take a satisfying breath both times I had anemia years ago. Which happened on a dairy-rich and mainly vegetarian diet. I especially noticed it in bed trying to fall asleep. Anyway, completely went away with a bottle of food-based blood building supplement (including iron).

Tarmander

@Tarmander does it feel like you can’t grab a full breath of air? This happens to me and I’m also a pretty cut dude, maybe it has something to do with our bf%.. more detox i guess :cool:
you probably mentioned this in a previous post which i missed, but is your difficulty breathing mainly shortness of breath or is a clogged nasal system a part of it as well? Could it be your not eating enough to keep up with co2 storage/production? maybe some sugar from concord grape juice might help
I wrote this in a private message the other day as a description:
"So it kind of feels like two different things. There is mucus build up and I cough up phlegm. Inhaling glutathione helps this and is an expectorant...gets mucus out.

It also feels like a massive constriction, like breathing in is very hard and takes all my lung muscles. When it is the worst my stomach is bloated too, and sucking in air is like this entire core work out with my chest feeling uncomfortable. When it gets that bad I have an albuterol inhaler that opens everything up, gets rid of the bloating, but makes me feel like absolute death otherwise. Hate that thing but sometimes it's needed.

So probably closer to airway constriction then trying to catch my breath.

Only things that seem to help are inhaled and injected glutathione, and activated charcoal seems to help slightly with a day or so delay to it."

I am currently trying some high dose niacin and there might be something there. I will report more later

InChristAlone

I wrote this in a private message the other day as a description:
"So it kind of feels like two different things. There is mucus build up and I cough up phlegm. Inhaling glutathione helps this and is an expectorant...gets mucus out.

It also feels like a massive constriction, like breathing in is very hard and takes all my lung muscles. When it is the worst my stomach is bloated too, and sucking in air is like this entire core work out with my chest feeling uncomfortable. When it gets that bad I have an albuterol inhaler that opens everything up, gets rid of the bloating, but makes me feel like absolute death otherwise. Hate that thing but sometimes it's needed.

So probably closer to airway constriction then trying to catch my breath.

Only things that seem to help are inhaled and injected glutathione, and activated charcoal seems to help slightly with a day or so delay to it."

I am currently trying some high dose niacin and there might be something there. I will report more later
That description reminds me of cystic fibrosis. I watch a lady on youtube with it, airway clearance saves their life on top of multiple drug remedies. They also have to deal with infections from the build up of mucus. So they typically go on IV antibiotics multiple times a year.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals