Low Toxin Diet Grant Genereux's Theory Of Vitamin A Toxicity

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

gabys225

That's what I believe to be true. I thank Haidut for bringing to mind the importance of extra glycine when exposed to glyphosate, and Amazoniac for his wonderful writing on zinc.

I can understand some of the zinc hesitation on this forum, but if we're being true to context, namely, our environmental context, more of us may need more zinc.

Collden

Anyone in touch with franko or Vinero?

I'm only 3,5 weeks and almost everything is still fluctuating a lot but seeing some positive changes, like my abdominal bloating has reduced substantially despite eating as much as usual, this only happened after more than 2 weeks on low VA.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
So is anyone actually cured yet? Does anyone tolerate somewhat normal levels of VA again? How are you guys doing
I’m doing good. I’m at 11 months on low A and I don’t have any noticeable symptoms from eating anything with A or beta carotene but I haven’t returned to eating RDI amounts of it or eating very much of it regularly.

I currently have no health complaints and I plan to do blood work again in July or August. My total cholesterol was only 150 (down from 260) when I last checked and I don’t want it going too low.

I feel better than I have in a long time but I’m also more restrictive than I’ve been in a long time. If I’m being perfectly honest I’m not super thrilled about that fact but then again it’s nice to feel good. It seems like my increased consumption of oxalate foods like nuts, beans and chocolate wasn’t working for me long term so I’ve basically eliminated those again for now.

@Collden, I haven’t heard anything from franko or vinero but I’d love an update too.

Tarmander

I went through kind of a rough patch. I was loving the Sun so much I upped my exposure from 40min to 50 minutes per day...sometimes an hour.

My breathing difficulties went ballistic. Around 5 oclock everyday, usually before dinner, I would get "pregnant." My stomach would distend incredibly, and after dinner I would be sucking air with great difficulty. I had to take this albuterol inhaler every night for a week. This totally junked my sleep and I got maybe 3-4 hours a night for around a week. Makes you kind of desperate and loopy.

I threw every supplement I had at it, most to no avail. I went to a couple doctors, tried glutathione out of a nebulizer, grass-fed kidney, quercetin, turmeric, Liver and allergy formulas, bromelain.

I stopped getting sunlight and it kind of went away with the help of turmeric, Methyl B12, inhaled Glutathione, and VSL#3 the probiotic. I am now trying to figure out which one actually helped the most...or if it's just a matter of not getting sunlight anymore.

The one thing that really helped though is black cumin seeds, which along with PUFA have a nice dose of vitamin A. I would get relief on the breathing/wheezing, but also restless leg would come back. Kind of interesting. I don't use those seeds unless I have to. Anyways, when I get a better handle on things I will report more.

InChristAlone

I went through kind of a rough patch. I was loving the Sun so much I upped my exposure from 40min to 50 minutes per day...sometimes an hour.

My breathing difficulties went ballistic. Around 5 oclock everyday, usually before dinner, I would get "pregnant." My stomach would distend incredibly, and after dinner I would be sucking air with great difficulty. I had to take this albuterol inhaler every night for a week. This totally junked my sleep and I got maybe 3-4 hours a night for around a week. Makes you kind of desperate and loopy.

I threw every supplement I had at it, most to no avail. I went to a couple doctors, tried glutathione out of a nebulizer, grass-fed kidney, quercetin, turmeric, Liver and allergy formulas, bromelain.

I stopped getting sunlight and it kind of went away with the help of turmeric, Methyl B12, inhaled Glutathione, and VSL#3 the probiotic. I am now trying to figure out which one actually helped the most...or if it's just a matter of not getting sunlight anymore.

The one thing that really helped though is black cumin seeds, which along with PUFA have a nice dose of vitamin A. I would get relief on the breathing/wheezing, but also restless leg would come back. Kind of interesting. I don't use those seeds unless I have to. Anyways, when I get a better handle on things I will report more.
Have you tried vitamin C yet? Sun exposure requires very good antioxidant status. It's worth a shot to try, I think it would be much safer on your body than albuterol. Probably the safest vitamin supplement there is.

Tarmander

Have you tried vitamin C yet? Sun exposure requires very good antioxidant status. It's worth a shot to try, I think it would be much safer on your body than albuterol. Probably the safest vitamin supplement there is.
Gives me terrible asthma. Not sure why. I could try it again but it made my wind pipe close up pretty bad back in November.

The story above sounds bad, but I am doing pretty well otherwise. Still losing weight. Seem to be gaining muscle. I can do more pushups then I have been able to do in years. Hair seems thicker and darker.

I gained most of the weight I have while eating liver a few times a week. I have no doubt I have some stored fat solubles that are being released.

InChristAlone

Gives me terrible asthma. Not sure why. I could try it again but it made my wind pipe close up pretty bad back in November.

The story above sounds bad, but I am doing pretty well otherwise. Still losing weight. Seem to be gaining muscle. I can do more pushups then I have been able to do in years. Hair seems thicker and darker.

I gained most of the weight I have while eating liver a few times a week. I have no doubt I have some stored fat solubles that are being released.
Wow that's the first time I ever heard it causing the asthma. Do you think you have allergies?

Tarmander

Wow that's the first time I ever heard it causing the asthma. Do you think you have allergies?
thats the tree I have been chopping at. Taking things that lower allergies/histamine/mastcell seem to help a little bit but not as much as you would think.

Vinero

Anyone in touch with franko or Vinero?

I'm only 3,5 weeks and almost everything is still fluctuating a lot but seeing some positive changes, like my abdominal bloating has reduced substantially despite eating as much as usual, this only happened after more than 2 weeks on low VA.
I´m 4 months into the low vitamin A diet now and I am doing great. All of my previous health problems are gone.I no longer need antibiotics to keep my asthma and infections away. I was taking both doxycycline and azithromycine to combat my severe asthma and recurring respiratory infections. My experience is exactly the same as the OP Franko. My health was progressively getting worse each year when I was peating, to the point I needed antibiotics to survive. My skin was burning and flaking off everyday, I was having all the symptoms of being vitamin A toxic. It wasn´t until 4 months ago that I completely stopped peating and began eating the low vitamin A diet that my health started to turn around. My skin is very smooth now. I have no more eczema and am not using any medications, steroids, thyroid or antibiotics. I actually got a job since I am able to work again. I have been super busy lately so not much time to be active on the RPF. I am finally able to enjoy life. I haven´t eaten any dairy or any peat/approved foods like oranges or gelatin. I feel fine and have all the indications of having good testosterone levels.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I´m 4 months into the low vitamin A diet now and I am doing great. All of my previous health problems are gone.I no longer need antibiotics to keep my asthma and infections away. I was taking both doxycycline and azithromycine to combat my severe asthma and recurring respiratory infections. My experience is exactly the same as the OP Franko. My health was progressively getting worse each year when I was peating, to the point I needed antibiotics to survive. My skin was burning and flaking off everyday, I was having all the symptoms of being vitamin A toxic. It wasn´t until 4 months ago that I completely stopped peating and began eating the low vitamin A diet that my health started to turn around. My skin is very smooth now. I have no more eczema and am not using any medications, steroids, thyroid or antibiotics. I actually got a job since I am able to work again. I have been super busy lately so not much time to be active on the RPF. I am finally able to enjoy life. I haven´t eaten any dairy or any peat/approved foods like oranges or gelatin. I feel fine and have all the indications of having good testosterone levels.
Congratulations @Vinero! Thanks for the update.

Last edited:

postman

very cool

Tarmander

Thanks Vinero. Isn't the productivity increase amazing?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals