Low Toxin Diet Grant Genereux's Theory Of Vitamin A Toxicity

Rand56

The rest of the forum doesn't matter anymore

Are you kidding me?? I think it's great that you and others are having success with a low VA diet, and I'm tying this again myself, but don't you think it's a tad early in the game to dismiss all other topics on this forum? lol I mean c'mon! Someone said earlier in the thread you are being manic about all this, and I think he/she could be correct.

Cirion

So you say to eat beef and in the next sentence say to avoid beef fat?

Better quick tell all the people here thriving on SFA exclusive diets that they're doing it wrong too lol.

Sorry, I'm feeling a little snarky/sarcastic today...

Nighteyes

The rest of the forum doesn't matter anymore. This thread is going to provide all the information to help people improve their health for ever.

tenor.gif

There is more to life than Vitamin A.....

Mufasa

No. This thread is now the most viewed thread on the forum. I am sure this thread will attract many viewers in the future, it is going to explode actually. I don't think it will be long for this idea is going to get attraction from the mainstream. If we are going to create multiple threads it will spread out views, which interferes with the process of getting this idea out there. It is going to hit 200.000 views soon. I hope to hit 1.000.000 views before the summer. This is going to be the main thread on this forum from now on. The rest of the forum doesn't matter anymore. This thread is going to provide all the information to help people improve their health for ever.

You are so convinced, that you sound really delusional.

If I remember correctly, you are saying that you ate a perfect diet 8 years ago, very much like a low vitamin A diet.
You felt great without any issues and eczema.
Then you found out about Ray Peat, and thought you could even be healthier.
Then you followed that diet in the most perfect strict way possible.
You felt really crappy quite soon, but you stayed with it for 8 years, feeling crappy, and with horrible eczema.

I guess this is only possible if you were delusional convinced about Ray Peat as well.
I would not make the same mistake...

Vinero

tenor.gif

There is more to life than Vitamin A.....
No. There isn't. Vitamin A is the main cause of suffering in the western world, as it is the root cause of all the auto-immune diseases combined. It is the one thing that holds people back in life. I am 100% convinced of that. I understand most people are still thinking negatively. They are suffering from learned helplessness. Its tough to think positive thoughts when you are suffering from vitamin A toxicity, I was there once. Since I've been off the vitamin A, there are no limits anymore to what we can achieve. Anything is possible, this is the most exciting thing I've ever been a part off. The only reason people don't believe it, is because their mind won't let them, because the vitamin A is giving them negative thoughts. There is light at the end of the tunnel, I promise. Just allow yourself to be fully immersed in this. We are going to be the healthiest people on this planet soon.

I would still like to know why high retinol foods in excess definitely make me feel bad, but carotene foods are fine with me. Doesn’t the body have a way of controlling how much carotene gets absorbed and converted?

tallglass13

Question everyone. If being very strict, are we still allowing very small amounts? Like , I can do rice and beans and get 0. but what scallops that have 3 iu of Vit A. Soymilk unfortified has 7 iu ?

Vinero

You are so convinced, that you sound really delusional.

If I remember correctly, you are saying that you ate a perfect diet 8 years ago, very much like a low vitamin A diet.
You felt great without any issues and eczema.
Then you found out about Ray Peat, and thought you could even be healthier.
Then you followed that diet in the most perfect strict way possible.
You felt really crappy quite soon, but you stayed with it for 8 years, feeling crappy, and with horrible eczema.

I guess this is only possible if you were delusional convinced about Ray Peat as well.
I would not make the same mistake...
That is right. I was living in a delusion when I was still eating a Ray Peat diet. My body was sending me many signals that I was on the wrong road, but I still stuck with Peating. I was just so convinced by the scientific side of things that Ray Peat represents and writes about. In other words, Ray Peat is making people believe his recommendations by sounding very convincing and scientific. I think science is the devil in disguise. It promises people better health by sounding very convincing, smart people follow science right? People will start chugging liver, eating ice cream, butter, dairy etc. Meanwhile their health may decline, as it has in me and many others on this forum. But because people are so hypnotized by Ray Peat, they think there is no other way to eat. I was convinced milk and cheese were optimal protein sources because of the high calcium, I thought beef was bad because it contains iron and phosphate. I thought butter and coconut oil were good because it contains magical saturated fat. We are now finding out that everything is the opposite of what we thought. Calcium, vitamin A, and vitamin D are calcifying people. Eating red meat can lower iron levels. Eating MUFAs and PUFAs can help to lower endotoxin production. The list goes on. Real-life results are what matters, and nobody can argue that this new way of eating doesn't work. There are now tens of people in this thread following the low vitamin A diet and having spectacular results. Join us or watch us become healthier.

somuch4food

That is right. I was living in a delusion when I was still eating a Ray Peat diet. My body was sending me many signals that I was on the wrong road, but I still stuck with Peating. I was just so convinced by the scientific side of things that Ray Peat represents and writes about. In other words, Ray Peat is making people believe his recommendations by sounding very convincing and scientific. I think science is the devil in disguise. It promises people better health by sounding very convincing, smart people follow science right? People will start chugging liver, eating ice cream, butter, dairy etc. Meanwhile their health may decline, as it has in me and many others on this forum. But because people are so hypnotized by Ray Peat, they think there is no other way to eat. I was convinced milk and cheese were optimal protein sources because of the high calcium, I thought beef was bad because it contains iron and phosphate. I thought butter and coconut oil were good because it contains magical saturated fat. We are now finding out that everything is the opposite of what we thought. Calcium, vitamin A, and vitamin D are calcifying people. Eating red meat can lower iron levels. Eating MUFAs and PUFAs can help to lower endotoxin production. The list goes on. Real-life results are what matters, and nobody can argue that this new way of eating doesn't work. There are now tens of people in this thread following the low vitamin A diet and having spectacular results. Join us or watch us become healthier.

You do know that many over at
Grant's forum are dealing with what's called detox and don't feel awesome most of the time.

Cirion

It honestly sounds like you are manic at this point and have swung from believing RP is the gospel truth to now believing Grant is the gospel truth. I really hope you continue to see health improvements, but be careful not to get caught up in any dogma, RP, grant or otherwise.

Peat does not recommend "chugging" liver or high fat foods btw.

postman

I would still like to know why high retinol foods in excess definitely make me feel bad, but carotene foods are fine with me. Doesn’t the body have a way of controlling how much carotene gets absorbed and converted?
Well it takes like 12 µg of b-carotene to make 1 µg of retinol so if you're just comparing µg to µg that might be why.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I would still like to know why high retinol foods in excess definitely make me feel bad, but carotene foods are fine with me.
Finding the same thing.

Dobbler

Can you please let the other parts of forum be and keep vitamin a on this thread. No matter how manic Vinero and others go here this is still Ray Peat inspired forum and don't want to listen this same stuff at other threads. Not that it has happened alot yet .

somuch4food

Can you please let the other parts of forum be and keep vitamin a on this thread. No matter how manic Vinero and others go here this is still Ray Peat inspired forum and don't want to listen this same stuff at other threads. Not that it has happened alot yet .

I don't understand why it's such a touchy subject. There are multiple threads discussing alternative subjects brought on by members that can be equally controversial and unorthodox that don't get this traction.

If you don't want to be a part of it, ignore simply.

The motto is Perceive, think, act. I think it fits this. There are also the aspect of people getting sicker while attempting Peat's recommendations. This could help them understand why.

Cirion

I think the difference is the level of intensity. Let's take for example Iron. I have said in many threads that restricting iron could actually cause problems but I haven't had the audacity to claim that eating iron rich foods is gonna magically cure every person in existence of hypothyroid lol

Vinero

I am not manic. My brain function has simply improved since dropping my vitamin A. You know that I am only staying here to help you guys. I could just go on with my life, now that I've found the secret to being healthy. The only reason I am here is to try to help others to consider trying this diet experiment. Where would I be, if it were not for Franko and Grant to share their story with the forum/world? I would still be suffering and living in a dietary prison called the Ray Peat diet. I would still be thinking in terms of the calcium/phosphate ratio, iron avoidance, thyroid function, progesterone, etc. The truth is that you will never have to worry about any of these things ever again. The low vitamin A diet will take care of everything, I believe. Trust in the rice and beef.

Finding the same thing.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but from doing a little reading just now I think this may be because bile salts are needed for carotene to be converted to retinol, so if one eats the vegetable without fat (preventing release of bile) the carotene basically does not get converted. I have always had a tendency to snack on carrots whole without any fat. When I eat carrot salad it is usually with little fat as well. Possibly the small amount of choline or some polyphenol in carrots also assists the liver in handling some of whatever toxin may be present... This reminds me a few months ago I cooked a moderately fatty beef dish with ground carrots and did not feel great after eating that... worse than times I had the dish without carrots.

Cirion

The rest of the forum doesn't matter anymore.

It is quotes like this, that's making this thread so controversial and entertaining =P

Who's providing the popcorn??? :D

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals