Granit Xhaka Drinks A Bottle Of Coke Before Penalty Shootout Win Against France

vetbusd

Few years ago I did a stadium tour in hertha berlins stadium. In the players changing room there were cups filled with coke and bananas from the previous match. Since then i started drinking coke and sprite before matches and even though my coaches hated it I always felt energized.

HumanLife

Could be a PR move by Coke after the Ronaldo criticism cost their stocks to decrease 4 billion in value.

BrianF

Perhaps a commercial move but also very good physiological move too. Some players drinking water at this stage but unlikley to give them the short term mental and physical boost required for the penalty shoot out.

Could be a PR move by Coke after the Ronaldo criticism cost their stocks to decrease 4 billion in value.
They should reconsider their ingredients. In europe there is neither Coca nor Cola in Coca Cola.
Carbonated coffein soda

BodhiBlues

The last thing you would want in a penalty shootout is low blood sugar as it would make you jittery. I bet the coke helped!

yerrag

The last thing you would want in a penalty shootout is low blood sugar as it would make you jittery. I bet the coke helped!
So many balls smashing goalie's nose because of Coca Cola.

Yes, all these nobodies are getting on their knees for Coca-Cola since that incident. They want money and have no spine, unlike Ronaldo. Coke is a vastly inferior drink compared to for example milk or orange juice. And if the claims of @CO2 Retainer are correct-- that there is no more coca leaf extract or kola nut extract in the beverage-- than it has become an even worse choice.