got the flu, 102 degree temp, eat or not eat?

Mittir

I have found eating carrot salad with lots of coconut oil just at the beginning of the
flu helps me get rid of it. RP mentioned in Josh Rubin final Q and A interview that
fasting due to loss of appetite during disease can be helpful in some cases.
He mentioned that similar result can be achieved by eating easily digestible foods
(avoiding strach and fiber). He also mentioned that raw carrot salad or cooked bamboo
shoot can be helpful in lowering endotoxin and keep liver healthy.
If you are not used to eating coconut oil you can use olive oil or butter in
raw carrot salad.Some kind of soup is helpful, may be small chicken soup.
Gelatin heavy soup can be hard on digestion for some people and gelatin
feeds bacteria if it is not digested properly.
Fiber free fruit juice, vegetable broth, honey are easily digested.

OP
W

whitnatchee

Thanks for that bit of info. I broke the fever last night and coughed up lots of yellow mucus in the early morning.
I certainly had no appetite.
Every day I try to eat a raw carrot salad as you suggest. Examination of my waste products clearly shows the effect that RP suggests.
Again thanks for the insight.

gretchen

If you have some oysters you could put them in a soup, if you have some vegetables like a potato, carrot or an onion.

Or, you could make some rice and heat the oysters up and have that. Or just a potato if you don't have oysters. Gelatin, some OJ and string cheese and a cup of coffee might be nice also. I was sick last week and also couldn't figure out what to eat, so I made the soup which reduced the cold by 1-2 days.

DMF

One crushed garlic bulb swallowed down with juice evry 4 hours for 24 - 48 hours will kill it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals