Got Milk ? but how :(

dietf***ed

So I have been trying to drink milk from a few brands and the result is gas and bloating ! i'm not sure why Peat refers to this as least stressful on the body - I assume he is talking about people who have good metabolism. If you do not have good metabolism, what are the transition foods that can give you similar nutrients ?

I have been trying to boil milk (non-homogenized whole milk) and saw a little improvement recently. How do you drink your milk - out of the fridge direct or do you warm it up?

OP
D

dietf***ed

hmm haven't tried that. I usually have it with honey. Will try it with a meal tomorrow.

kiran

Have you tried low fat (1%) milk? I have gut issues when I try 2% or greater milk.

Figure out what you can tolerate ...

Dean

That's right, everyone is different. For me, I tolerate whole milk better. Heavily sugaring the milk seems to help me. Making the milk into the ricotta cheese as explained in the recipe section is helping me digest the lower fat dairy.

Just keep trying stuff.

burtlancast

dietf***ed said:
So I have been trying to drink milk from a few brands and the result is gas and bloating ! i'm not sure why Peat refers to this as least stressful on the body - I assume he is talking about people who have good metabolism.

Milk is good, but only the A2 type.

Ray hasn't caught up yet with the latest evidence of A1 milk being responsible for a lot of degenerative diseases, including poor digestion.

And many people like you having difficulties digesting milk discover their problems dissapear when switching to A2 milk.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3TABJFcKsc[/media]

J

j.

dietf, I think I had those things too. I kept drinking it anyway, and if I recall correctly 3 months later things were a lot better. The raw carrot also helped.

OP
D

dietf***ed

finally, lactose free milk (added lactase enzyme) seems to be working for me - fingers crossed !

BingDing

Durn, I was going to use that title ;) My frig on milk delivery day:

Attachments

• PICT0024.JPG
    PICT0024.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 857

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Nice!

shaadoe

burtlancast said:
dietf***ed said:
So I have been trying to drink milk from a few brands and the result is gas and bloating ! i'm not sure why Peat refers to this as least stressful on the body - I assume he is talking about people who have good metabolism.

Ray hasn't caught up yet with the latest evidence of A1 milk being responsible for a lot of degenerative diseases, including poor digestion.

And many people like you having difficulties digesting milk discover their problems dissapear when switching to A2 milk.

The A2 milk conspiracy is just that. They is nothing unhealthy about drinking A1 milk. The A2 milk you are referring to that comes from Jersey cattle can not in most cases even be drank by the calves of the cows producing it, the calves choke on the super fat(6-8% butterfat) milk when they are being weaned and have to be supplemented.

FunkOdyssey

dietf***ed said:
finally, lactose free milk (added lactase enzyme) seems to be working for me - fingers crossed !

Lactaid whole milk is amazing. All the problems I had with milk that I thought were casein were actually caused by lactose.

Jenn

MMmm, calves nursing on mom don't choke on her milk. ;) Bottle raised calves can be a different story, mostly with different breeds being fed non mom milk but it doesn't have anything to do with A2 and Jersey does NOT equal A2, that is a myth.

gretchen

burtlancast said:
dietf***ed said:

I was thinking of this earlier today. The book that explains this is called The Devil in The Milk:
http://www.amazon.com/Devil-Milk-Illnes ... n+the+milk

Aventus

dietf***ed, I had similar problems until I switched to UHT milk. I have theory that there are more microbes in non-UHT which triggers response by our bodies. I can't tolerate non-UHT milk or milk products.