Got Cascara Sagrada In It's Most "natural" Form. Now What Do I Do?

_lppaiva

Okay, so Cascara is something I can access pretty easily around here, and it's mostly sold as the herb itself. Not a powder, not a pill, but the whole herb. That seems great and all, but what exactly do I do with it? Do I blend it with water? Do I powder it myself? Can I make a tea out of it?

I'll also need to figure out the dosing, since pieces are often uneven and big, probably over 1,000mg. My kitchen scale only goes to grams.

Sherbert

Okay, so Cascara is something I can access pretty easily around here, and it's mostly sold as the herb itself. Not a powder, not a pill, but the whole herb. That seems great and all, but what exactly do I do with it? Do I blend it with water? Do I powder it myself? Can I make a tea out of it?

I'll also need to figure out the dosing, since pieces are often uneven and big, probably over 1,000mg. My kitchen scale only goes to grams.
iwould try making a tea of it. since it's pieces of the whole bark and not pwdered, i would bring a very small amount to a boil over the stove (in a small saucer), and then lower the flame so that it continues simmering for, say, at least 15-20 minutes to allow insure the components get released into the water. then use a very very very small amount. (you can always have more later.) strain and refrigerate what remains. it ought to have a mild taste unless you made it too strong. uf so just use less or dilute with a little more hot water.
i say all this because in the raw in the un pulverized unaged form which you have, it is much much stronger, definitely harsher than the form ray favored (which is also stong but gentle r), so important to start with an infinitesimally small/tiny dosage then work your way up if necessary.
this is for anyone reading, as i can't assume you're still waiting for an answer after three plus years 😃
#cascara #sagrada #cascarasagrada #sacredbark