Google Security Terrible- Glad I Have 3-Tiered Password Security So Passwords to Financial Sites are Not Stored Online

yerrag

This is the 2nd Time in Two Months that I have been notified by Evernote that I had a sign-in in a new device in a remote country. And I login to Evernote through my Google sign-in.

So evidently, someone can sign-in to sites I sign in with my convenient Google sign-in. And if I change my Google password, in time someone will figure it out and then sign in again.

What he can't do is change my password and leave me out of my own Google account, as any password has to be verified by a one time password sent to my mobile device.

Anyway, I think the hacker couldn't find any money to steal from data I have in Google and decided to sign in to my Evernote in the hope I store passwords there. He knows that by the time I'm alerted, he would have gotten valuable sign-in to my bank or credit card sites or PayPal. Well, sorry to disappoint him.

Since his intent is to steal money, he hasn't done anything else like send me ransom demands to get my data back. But this is something that could happen.

Anyway, Google can't be trusted anymore, even with keeping my sign-in secure.

I run a amall tight ship, but I'm not 100% sure it's tight enough. I stay away from many sites that dangle carrots, and I don't bite even when it's not a carrot but a stick I have to stay away from.

If something managed to get past, it would have to be a data logger malware.

This is the first or 2nd time it's happened, and if I just changed my Google password, and nothing else, I'm not going to stop a 3rd intrusion.

By the way, I have 3 kinds of passwords, and I try not to have too many.

First is Google's password.

Then a common password for sites that if hacked won't do much damage to me.

And then unique passwords for each site I deem have sensitive data or money.

I store all these passwords in an app that is not accessed thru the internet and only synced thru my own internal personal IP network, and the app is password protected.

reaching

I don tthink it was google, it was probably Evernote getting hacked.
They were hacked a while back and I had a similar issue. So I just deleted all my info from the website.

Always use 2 key authentication factor whatever when you can and make sure it is not possible for someone to just SIM swap you for your phone number.
Sounds like you probably already know all about that though. SO yeah, probably evernote getting hacked. They dont have access to your Google account.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

I don tthink it was google, it was probably Evernote getting hacked.
They were hacked a while back and I had a similar issue. So I just deleted all my info from the website.

Always use 2 key authentication factor whatever when you can and make sure it is not possible for someone to just SIM swap you for your phone number.
Sounds like you probably already know all about that though. SO yeah, probably evernote getting hacked. They dont have access to your Google account.
Thanks, and I'm glad it isn't.

It must have been Evernote's security. Or it was also my Evernote password, which is the one I use for most non-sensitive sites, which is due to be changed as it's prone to be cracked.

I use Google to login to Evernote, and forgot that before Google logins became a thing, I already had an Evernote account, and have a separate username/password that is still in effect. So I just changed the password into a more secure one.

The 2key authentication is also available, but I'm not using it on Evernote. Although I use it on sites I need to be more secure.

reaching

Thanks, and I'm glad it isn't.

It must have been Evernote's security. Or it was also my Evernote password, which is the one I use for most non-sensitive sites, which is due to be changed as it's prone to be cracked.

I use Google to login to Evernote, and forgot that before Google logins became a thing, I already had an Evernote account, and have a separate username/password that is still in effect. So I just changed the password into a more secure one.

The 2key authentication is also available, but I'm not using it on Evernote. Although I use it on sites I need to be more secure.

I disonnect everything from my google account just to save stress.

one thing that is annoying though is just constant spam mails and my email having my name and been exposed to previous hacks.
there is some site you can use to check what leaks youve been compromised in and nowadays most banks or credit cards have some dark web notifier.
the site is call haveibeenpwned

OP
yerrag

yerrag

it sure looks like I have been pawned. Glad all the passwords I used in these sites aren't for my sensitive sites.

Thanks for the tips!

reaching

Glad to have help
it sure looks like I have been pawned. Glad all the passwords I used in these sites aren't for my sensitive sites.

Thanks for the tips!
ed.

Thanks for the tips!
glad to have helped!

I’m all sorts of paranoid. Don’t get me started on those stupid sites like peoplesearch and white pages.

You can pay a service to routinely take your info off those types of sites but they spring up so often that it is a lost cause.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals