Google Scrubs Natural Health Sites

Literally

I sometimes read a site called the Health Ranger's Natural News... not the top info source out there and it's sort of promoting their store, but to me I can tell the guy's heart is pure, he is trying to spread the truth. He just got delisted from Facebook without explanation. Looks like a bit of a purge is ongoing.

Soren

Forum Supporter
Doesn't surprise me. They have become quite tyrannical with their censorship of views that don't "fit the narrative". There motto used to be "don't be evil", they dropped that a few years ago.

Project veritas has a done a pretty damning undercover expose of how bias and devious they are. Video link below.
Veritas Visuals

OP
B

Braveheart

I just said Adios! to Google/Chrome...recently switched to BRAVE, STARTPAGE and PROTONMAIL...wasn't too difficult but a little stressful...Google sucks you in first, and then have you by the neck...the straw that broke the camels back was when GMail sends me an email that reminds me to answer a letter/email from a family member in Germany, after I hadn't answered in 4 days.
One pleasant surprise/benefit...my computer is now lightening fast, having shed all the trackers etc....unbelievable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Soren

Forum Supporter
Brave is awesome as is protonmail. Haven't heard of startpage. Also a VPN is important, your IPS tracks you too remember.

mujuro

If we’re splitting hairs, Brave is also no good. It ignores your anti-tracking settings for select websites. Pale Moon or Waterfox is better. If you want a search engine, use searx.me

OP
B

Braveheart

Brave is awesome as is protonmail. Haven't heard of startpage. Also a VPN is important, your IPS tracks you too remember.
Protonmail offers free VPN...

Soren

Forum Supporter
If we’re splitting hairs, Brave is also no good. It ignores your anti-tracking settings for select websites. Pale Moon or Waterfox is better. If you want a search engine, use searx.me

Didn't know that. Which websites does it ignore it for? This is why I always use a VPN.

OP
B

Braveheart

Didn't know that. Which websites does it ignore it for? This is why I always use a VPN.
Haven't tried it yet....my brain needs a break from the technical overload

ShotTrue

I use NordVPN I think, also has anyone tried DuckDuckGo search engine? They advertise on twitter on being unbiased

ShotTrue

Waterfox sounds cool, used to use firefox

Literally

Waterfox is probably full of security holes, being essentially an out of date (pre "quantum" Firefox) -- as I understand it, I don't really know what they have done recently. I take exception with many decisions of the Firefox team but it's still the best thing going for the general user.

Lilac

I use Duckduckgo 99 percent of the time. For basic searches, it works fine. I also use Brave, and the ad blocking is a time-saver.

If you're doing special or deep research, then use two or three search engines.

Here's a tech idea for someone who would know how to do it: A search engine for banned or suppressed sites at Google, Facebook, etc.

ShotTrue

Disgusting! Thanks for this thread. Gonna have to switch from Google completely, browser, documents and email

Literally

Yeah I have been planning to move off Gmail forever and never get around to it. I had one of the first 1000 accounts, because my friend was one of their first 100 employees. Felt so cool and advanced back then. Now Google seems like the prototype of a neo-fascist company. The users are the product, as the saying goes. No one to talk to when things go wrong, your only hope it to post on some forum and hope you get noticed.

They calculate how to make a product just slightly better than what is commonly out there and then stop the innovation. The UI for Gmail is such an abomination right now it's actually hard to believe... tiny windows everywhere obscuring the content.

Google also deliberately killed the thriving RSS ecosystem by doing this trick with Reader and then killing the product. Many of us figured out long ago not to trust any new offering they have, it's the old ones I've been using a long time that are the problem for me. Gmail and calendar basically. Just a huge hassle after relying on it for many years and having everything in there.

Waynish

Listen to this guy^^^

-- use searx if you want to run your own, startpage if you don't
-- use Pale Moon if you like Firefox
-- use ungoogle-chromium if you like chrome
-- add ublock origin
-- note that there are likely many honeypots out there
-- use LineageOS for your Android phone

Brave is not to be trusted.

Literally

I would not use the outdated Firefox-based browsers (Pale Moon or Waterfox). It would take a large security team to keep these browsers up to date, teams they don't have. They are documented to be slow at rolling out fixes to their code base. The code base is increasingly divergent, making it harder to do over time. This is documented here

https://www.howtogeek.com/335712/update-why-you-shouldnt-use-waterfox-pale-moon-or-basilisk/

The fact that they can't really secure the browsers with their own resources but mainly issue delayed versions of whatever Firefox does is significant. For the really important ("0-day" issues) days make a real difference between masses of people having their system compromised in very foul ways, or not.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals