Google Is Censoring This Forum

stargazer1111

I search for things related to Ray Peat frequently and have noticed that the search results in Google are now omitting this forum.

Fascinating. I have permanently switched to DuckDuckGo because of this. No censoring going on with that one.

I despise Google.

Lollipop2

I search for things related to Ray Peat frequently and have noticed that the search results in Google are now omitting this forum.

Fascinating. I have permanently switched to DuckDuckGo because of this. No censoring going on with that one.

I despise Google.
That is what I use. No censoring of anything. Google is outright evil.

OP
S

stargazer1111

I guess to be fair, if you outright type "Ray Peat Forum," the forum still pops up.

However, if you Google things like "Ray Peat fat intake" or some other health parameter, the forum is nowhere to be found even though it used to be number one in the search results.

I bet Google is trying to filter out sites that are contrary to the medical establishment.

orewashin

Why didn't you use DuckDuckGo in the first place?

I don't like how Google makes people give them their cell phone numbers to register for the sake of "account security". Google is an advertising industry, isn't it a little dumb to give them your phone number? I'm skeptical about Gmail and how it's a free service too. You don't get something for nothing, there has to be a catch. I've been locked out of Gmail before for using it too much. Unfortunately, you will see more and more Google.

LeeLemonoil

Google is censoring, but Alphabet with its life-science and life-extension research departments is likely pillaging both Peat‘s and the collective knowledge of this forum

OP
S

stargazer1111

These are the results that pop up.

Ray Peat's main site still shows, but it's probably only a matter of time before that is removed as well.

Attachments

• ray peat fat intake - Google Search.pdf
    72 KB · Views: 32
  • ray peat fat intake - Google Search (With Omitted Results).pdf
    68.1 KB · Views: 16
It seems like even stuff that isn't related to politics or health etc is hard to find on Google or YouTube. I've noticed that sometimes even searching for a song on YouTube, the song won't pop up no matter how accurately I type the artist and song title. Then later the song will come up if I search for a different song of the same artist, or sometimes it comes up in the related videos of a song. Annoying af. :evil:

boris

Youtube is especially bad how they manually blacklist videos from the search engine.

Seeing how every platform that was based on user generated content gets slowly infiltrated and manipulated by the big players I think it‘s possible that also the rest of the internet as we know it will be over one day and a completely controlled and „curated“ product will replace it.

J

james2388

I use google just fine, every search I enter I always use + Ray Peat and always get directed to multiple forum responses. Granted you search anything else it has to be with + paleo, primal, mark Sisson, Kresser, MasterJohn, etc etc thay have been hit harder. Danny and Georgi producing weekly content on instagram, twitter, youtube. Matt Blackburn. Josh Rubin and many others in the RP community. We are all sticking together.

orewashin

I use google just fine, every search I enter I always use + Ray Peat and always get directed to multiple forum responses. Granted you search anything else it has to be with + paleo, primal, mark Sisson, Kresser, MasterJohn, etc etc thay have been hit harder. Danny and Georgi producing weekly content on instagram, twitter, youtube. Matt Blackburn. Josh Rubin and many others in the RP community. We are all sticking together.
Using + and "quotes" is a good strategy. I don't know why someone would use Google if they can use DuckDuckGo or Startpage though. Google is an advertising agency and collects info on its users.

J

james2388

interesting about two months ago i tried DDG and I didn't like the results, but I just compared 'testosterone ray peat' and damn DDG has about 10x more relevant results. I might switch now lol.

I use DuckDuckGo but it isn’t very good. Sometimes I have to use Google. I use Google Scholar constantly and it is really top notch.

I also use Google web hosting services and Google apps. They are super good.

It’s a mixed bag like everything else.

Google de lists most alt-health websites. I use the site:raypeatforum.com in the search box and the results come up for searching the forum itself.

tankasnowgod

I guess to be fair, if you outright type "Ray Peat Forum," the forum still pops up.

However, if you Google things like "Ray Peat fat intake" or some other health parameter, the forum is nowhere to be found even though it used to be number one in the search results.

I bet Google is trying to filter out sites that are contrary to the medical establishment.

I've searched "raypeat fat intake" and this forum is the first result. Same with raypeatforum. Some times, using spaces (Ray Peat instead of raypeat) it comes up and sometimes it doesn't. Usually, there are other good Ray Peat resources in the top searches, such as youtube interviews or his website or Functional PS.

I'd hardly call that censoring, even though I am not a fan of Google.

orewashin

I use DuckDuckGo but it isn’t very good. Sometimes I have to use Google. I use Google Scholar constantly and it is really top notch.

I also use Google web hosting services and Google apps. They are super good.

It’s a mixed bag like everything else.

Google de lists most alt-health websites. I use the site:raypeatforum.com in the search box and the results come up for searching the forum itself.
Are you sure they're de-listing websites? For what reason would they take the effort to do that?

Are you sure they're de-listing websites? For what reason would they take the effort to do that?

they don’t show alt health in search results. They hate it. Their algorithms take care of it. It’s been that way since summer 2018.

schultz

I was using DuckDuckGo for 6-12 months (don't exactly remember how long) and I kept not being able to find pages I was searching for that I had previously found in the past without a problem. I had actually forgot that I had switched to DuckDuckGo and when I realized this I searched for a few of the "problem searches" on Google and the pages I had been searching for were right on the first page. So I am using Google again because I don't like the search results from DuckDuckGo even though I want to like it and don't like Google as a company very much.

Teres

@schultz @LLight it's true that DDG's search results are not optimal partly because sometimes seems like the engine doesn't take into account where you are searching from. If you search in German, from Germany, you can get results from Austrian or Swiss sources, I've been told. Sometimes that may not be an issue, sometimes it can be inconvenient. I've searched in Bulgarian and I've gotten some search results in Russian and..Mongolian. Simply because they use the same script. As others also suggested, Startpage and Qwant are good. They take care of the above mentioned weakness of DDG. But unlike DDG, these two derive results from Google and others, just without the privacy issues, to this date.

[edit]: PreSearch deserves to be mentioned, although there's room for improvement. It's said to be decentralized. If that's the case, it means that there isn't a central location where the searches are stored in servers. This makes the access to an individual's search activity impossible.

Last edited:

orewashin

In my state, the feds can obtain a list of someone's searches without a warrant. I'm guessing that includes Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc, but not DDG or Startpage.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals