Google appears to be burying Ray Peat search results

laleto12

i have realized this in last 2 weeks. My search keywords are same for the last 2 years: “ray peat forumz ….” now google doesnt give me rpf results as it used to.

I started using the search function of the forum itself.

Birdie

A vote for Duck Duck Go here.

cascara

I have also found it much harder to find any health related information. Just get rubbish sites like healthline etc. I think I will switch to duck duck go. should have done a while ago...

Grapelander

Whenever I want to research something Ray Peat related, I usually form my query as such: "Ray peat vitamin K", "Ray peat progesterone", "Ray peat coconut oil" etc. This has served me well for the last 5 years or so. Typically I would get Ray Peat articles, followed by a handful of Ray Peat Forums threads for the first 3-5 results. Now, all of a sudden, I often am not getting ANY results when using this search format. Sometimes the results are buried on page 3-10, and often it returns nothing.

I am not conspiratorial minded at all, but it seems clear to me that Google is actively suppressing search results involving Ray Peat. I can find results every now and again, but the quality of the results have been SEVERELY degraded.

Has anyone else noticed this as well? It is making it harder to find common Ray Peat topics that have been discussed on this forum and elsewhere.
I do my search as +"Ray Peat"; so coconut oil is +"Ray Peat" coconut oil using Duck Duck Go.
I only use Google for Google Maps.

I agree that things that were easy to find on Google and also YouTube are hidden. And searches for specific topics bring a barrage of pre-loaded results.

Duck.JPG

Badger

Thanks for this recommendation. I am gonna bite the bullet and make the switch!
Another thing you can do to often get around Google's tricks for hiding information is you can use tricks yourself with their search operators. This is very good to learn for all kinds of searches. Here's a nice guide:

And another:

IROM

Use Yandex.

AlaskaJono

I do use Yandex sometimes as the results may be different. And Duck may be tied more to Bing. It also means that we must be flexible in our approach to searching, othewise we may be led down a garden path to "Fact Check: pufas are deadly. " = Not True, they are essential. Etc... .

K

Kayaker

Duck is tied to google, yandex is not.
When I searched Yandex on Duck, one of the related searches listed was "is yandex safe for americans".

From my understanding, Yan is a Russian corporation, which may make it safer than an American one. For example, VPNs from American allies are probably more likely to sell your information to the NSA than Chinese ones, assuming you live in the US. While I'm aware that Duck sends searches to Google, I don't see any reason to doubt that they don't log users' search terms or track them. Yan comes across as a "Russian Google", which may sell information to an American third party if requested.