Good Vitamin E Resources From The Past Being Cancelled: Can We Have a Repository Here?

B

Braveheart

An article of Ray Peat is worth reading:

Very little research showing the curative effects of vitamin E in human diseases was allowed to be published, so it was only occasionally necessary to openly denounce vitamin E as worthless or dangerous. In 1981, the journal of the AMA published an article reviewing the "toxic" effects of vitamin E. Since I had read all of the articles cited, I realized that the author was claiming that whenever vitamin E changed something, the change was harmful, even though the original publication had described the effect as beneficial.

In the 1940s, the official definition of vitamin E's activity was changed. Instead of its effectiveness in preventing the death and resorption of embryos, or the degeneration of the testicles or brain or muscles, it was redefined as an antioxidant, preventing the oxidation of unsaturated oils.

Although some people continued to think of it as a protective factor against thrombosis, heart attacks, diabetes, and infertility, the medical establishment claimed that the prevention or cure of diseases in animals wasn't relevant to humans, and that a mere antioxidant couldn't prevent or cure any human disease.

Since way back as early as the 1940s, the medical establishment has been on a war footing against vitamin E.
this article is no longer available? And thankyou for this important thread.

Dr. B

Do you mind sharing it?
Hello, tocotrienols are unsaturated but vitamin A is as well I wonder if they could be helpful?

A: A small amount of tocotrienol contributes to the protective vitamin E action.

Jam

this article is no longer available? And thankyou for this important thread.
Remove the trailing colon from the link.

LA

Been doing research on Vitamin E, and it is helped me greatly with the information I have gathered and applied.

I doubt the authors of these books or their heirs would mind, would they, that their research and writing is being shared and that people are benefiting from it. But the risk is it the Zionist/Freemasons have gotten rights to these books, then we'll just have to keep this information for our own eyes.
Yes I agree
As for your bad experience with the other isomers of vitamin E other than alpha-tocopherol, I suspect that something similar to me is happening to you. It's not a bad thing for me.
[snip]
There's a good reason Ray said Vitamin E is the one vitamin he would want to have.
The problem with all the vitamin recommendations that are posted on this forum as 'favorites' or in polls is that many of the manufacturers then sold out and the product is/was changed. Perhaps a poll was done by a shill working for the company and wanting good reviews or after the increase in demand due to popularity here and via opinions on sales-sites asking for product reviews is that a company couldnot meet the requests and then sells the company. Thorne K was sold, Twin Labs was sold, A.C.Grace Unique E was good at one time and someplace on this forum someone pasted *something* such as 'like what happened to AC Grace Unique E'. It worked for me for about 4 bottles and then no

Was policasonal some type of wax from sugar cane in Cuba? I never tried it.

Last edited:

LA

You're welcome!

I can see why you wanted to scan Wilfrid Shutes' pages, it being part of a compilation. If you could scan it, that would be greatly appreciated.
The Complete Book of Vitamins / Vintage Hardcover Book by Prevention Magazine 1977
ISBN 0-87857-176-0
The Complete book of vitamins
Author(s): Gerras, Charles
Rodale, J I (Jerome Irving)1898-
Golant, Joseph
Hanna, E John
Title(s):
The Complete book of vitamins / by the staff of Prevention magazine ; compiled and prepared by Charles Gerras, executive editor, Joseph Golant, E. John Hanna, senior editors.
Other Title(s):
Prevention
Country of Publication: United States
Publisher: Emmaus, Pa. : Rodale Press, c1977.
Description: x, 814 p.
Language: English
ISBN:
LCCN: 77-1280
MeSH: Vitamins*
Publication Type(s): Popular Work
Notes: Earlier ed. entered under J. I. Rodale.
NLM ID: 7805959 [Book]
---
It is not easy to access and is shown as a restricted item on archive org
I tried some of the digital scanning and it makes a mess of the type due to sometimes faulty character recognition. So I decided to scan the actual pages as images. After some tests I have the method I will continue to use.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Hello, tocotrienols are unsaturated but vitamin A is as well I wonder if they could be helpful?

A: A small amount of tocotrienol contributes to the protective vitamin E action.
Thanks.

That would make sense, in as far as the early vitamin E extracted from wheat germ oil, as recounted by Dr. Wilfrid Shute (not sure which book but it was mentioned quite a few times) contained more than the 4 tocopherol isomers we know now as alpha, beta, gamma, and theta, but also contained 3 other tocopherol isomers such as the zeta isomer, and which would later be called tocotrienols. But these tocotrienols are in small amounts, so they were not widely discussed. Not that the beta, gamma, and delta tocopherols were either.

So, from the standpoint of vitamin E being better in its whole form, I can see Ray Peat's statement as making sense, but would be careful not to see it as a ringing endorsement for the tocotrienols.

In the Youtube interview posted, he said "large amounts" used in a study (large being relative though) contribute to liver issues.

I am exhibiting a negative bias and perhaps close-mindedness towards the tocotrienols as being pushed by Dr. Barrie Tan. I am not only skeptical, but cynical as well.

In his homepage, he elevates himself to being "the world's foremost expert on Vitamin E."

He refers to the science and the research, and in the pages on "science" and "research" he only does summaries of the science and the research that befits the kind of material used by big pharma medical representatives, prepared by corporate marketing - to flood the minds of consumers with catchy blurbs. The reference page is hidden, as if it's something not worth sharing and reading.

He says the delta-tocotrienols are "the right form of vitamin E." Very bold statement. Well, you have to be very confident about your product to call it the right form. By logic, the other kinds of vitamin E are then "not the right form." Well, we are finding out the FDA and the medical mafia have, since Vitamin E was discovered, been making us blind to the benefits of Vitamin E as found in nature. They have made synthetic forms of vitamin E and touted these as the standard. And then they have denied whole Vitamin E its place in our awareness by making us think the alpha isomer is the only useful tocopherol isomer.

Despite the clinical studies of the Shute family - father and two sons - from more than 5-60 years ago, we don't even know how to use vitamin E properly in preventing and treating many diseases. Even Ray Peat says this:

In the years since the tocopherols were identified as vitamin E, the material sold for research and for use as a nutritional supplement has changed drastically several times, even when it has been given a specific chemical identity, such as mixed tocopherols or d-alpha tocopherol. Variations in viscosity and color, caused by changes in the impurities, have undoubtedly influenced its biological effects, but the ideology about its antioxidant value has kept researchers from finding out what a particular batch of it really is and what it really does...

...Keeping our diet as free as possible of the polyunsaturated fats, to create something like the "deficiency" state that is so protective (against cancer, trauma, poison, shock, inflammation, infection, etc.) in the animal experiments, seems preferable to trying to saturate ourselves with antioxidants, considering the imperfectly defined nature of the vitamin E products, and the known toxicity of many of the other antioxidants on the market.

So, I am sorry to say, unless we get the story straight on Vitamin E pre-Barrie Tan, I am not going to open myself to being misled by the siren call of Barrie Tan's tocotrienols. I think he is a big pharma hack planted in our midst to make us more confused. Again, FUD will predominate and we will end up running to our "experts" called doctors to figure things out for us.

Now way Jose!

Last edited:
OP
yerrag

yerrag

@yerrag

thank you for posting the PDF:
Vitamin E for Ailing and Healthy Hearts by W.E Shute and H.J.Taub
It is no longer easily available as the more portable PDF
If there's the portable PDF, please share as one can do text searches with it.

LA

Shute Vitamin E Treatment Protocol

Natural Alpha Tocopherol (Vitamin E) in the treatment of Cardiovascular and Renal Diseases
as suggested by Drs. Wilfrid and Evan Shute and the Shute Institute for Clinical and Laboratory Medicine, London, Ontario, Canada. Use only products labeled in terms of InternatIonal Units (IU).

Acute coronary thrombosis: 450 to 1,600 IU a day started as soon as possible and maintained.
Older cases of coronary thrombosis: 450 to 1,600 IU if systolic pressure is under 160 Otherwise 450 IU for the first four weeks, particularly if a hypotensive agent is used concurrently.
Acute rheumatic fever: 450 to 600 IU daily.
Chronic rheumatic heart disease: give 90 IU daily first month, 120 IU daily second month and 150 IU daily for third month. 150 IU may be ideal dose. Occasionally more is necessary and advisable. Response will necessarily be slow.
Anginal Syndrome: 450 to 1,600 IU if systolic pressure is under 160. Otherwise start on 150 IU for four weeks then 300 IU for four weeks, particularly if hypotensive agent is used.
Hypertensive heart disease: 75 IU daily for four weeks, 150 IU daily for four weeks, then cautiously increase. Should be used with hypotensive agents. High doses of vitamin E have been shown to reduce high blood pressure in rats with chronic kidney failure. (Vaziri N. Hypertension, Jan 2002.)
Thrombophlebitis and Phlebothrombosis: 600 to 1,600 IU daily.
Thrombocytopaenic Purpura: 800 to 1,200 IU daily.
Diabetes Mellitus: Same schedule as for cardiacs.
Acute and Chronic Nephritis: as for cardiac patients.
Burns, Plastic Surgery, Mazoplasia: 600 to 1,600 IU daily, using vitamin E ointment or vitamin E spray as adjunct. (Editor’s note: vitamin E may also be dripped from a thumbtack-punctured capsule.)

CAUTIONS
The maintenance dose equals the therapeutic dose.
Do not take iron and vitamin E at same time. If iron is indicated, separate the doses by about nine hours.
The digitalis requirement is often reduced after vitamin E takes hold, so over-digitalization should be avoided. A patient receiving vitamin E should not be digitalized by the Eggleston massive dose technique nor any of its modifications. It is usually sufficient for full digitalization to give what is ordinarily a maintenance dose of 1 1/2 grains digitalis folia or 0.1 mg digitoxin per day. By the second day the patient is often digitalized.
Insulin dosages in diabetic cardiacs must be watched closely, for the insulin requirement may be considerably reduced very suddenly.
Hyperthyroidism is sometimes a contraindication.
Estrogens should rarely be given at the same time as alpha tocopherol (vitamin E).
(Editor's note: The Shutes also recommend caution with patients who have untreated high blood pressure, a rheumatic heart, or congestive heart failure. If you are a person with these or any other preexisting medical condition, you need to WORK WITH YOUR PHYSICIAN TO DETERMINE YOUR OPTIMUM VITAMIN E LEVEL.)

TWELVE EFFECTS OF ALPHA TOCOPHEROL (Vitamin E)
1. It reduces the oxygen requirement of tissues.
Hove, Hickman, and Harris (1945) Arch. Biochem. 8:395.
Telford et al (1954) Air University School of Aviation Medicine Project #21-1201-0013, Report #4, May. Randolph Field, Texas.
2. It melts fresh clots, and prevents embolism.
Shute, Vogelsang, Skelton and Shute (1948) Surg., Gyn. and Obst. 86:1.
Wilson and Parry (1954) Lancet 1:486.
3. It improves collateral circulation.
Enria and Fererro (1951) Arch. per Ia Scienze Med. 91:23.
Domingues and Dominguez (1953) Angiologia 5:51.
4. It is a vasodilator.
5. It occasionally lyses scar tissue.
Steinberg (1948) Med. Clin. N. America 30:221, 1946.
6. It prevents scar contraction as wounds heal.
7. It increases low platelet counts.
SkeIton, Shute, Skinner and Waud (1946) Science 103:762.
8. It decreases the insulin requirement in about 1/4 of diabetics.
Butturini (1950) Gior. di Clin. Med. 31:1.
Tolgyes (1957) Summary 9:10.
9. It is one of the regulators of fat and protein metabolism.
Hickman (1948) Rec. of Chem. Progress, p.104.
10. It stimulates muscle power.
Percival (1951) Summary 3:55.
11. It preserves capillary walls.
Ames, Baxter and Griffith (1951) International Review of Vitamin Research 22:401.
12. It prevents haemolysis of red blood cells.
Rose and Gyorgy (1951) Fed. Proc.10:239. 1951.

OTHER RELEVANT PUBLICATIONS
Tolgyes, S. and Shute, E. V. (1957), Alpha Tocopherol in the Management of Small Areas of Gangrene. Can. M. A. J. 76:730.
Shute, E.V. (1957) The Prevention of Congenital Anomalies in the Human: Experiences with Alpha Tocopherol as a Prophylactic Measure. J. Ob. & Gyn. Brit. Emp. 44:390.
Hauch, J. T. (1957) A New Treatment for Resistant Pressure Sores. Can. M.A.J. 77:125.
Shute, E. V. (1957) Alpha Tocopherol in Cardiovascular Disease. Oxford University Med. Gaz. 9:96.
Thank You very much for posting this article!
I needed a push as I saved it as a simple text file and kept meaning to return to Dr. Saul's site for all the PDFs and other info he has easily available on his site.

LA

That has a good account of vitamin E from wheat germ oil. What is the title? Since it was published 1977, it would offer newer insights to the book Wilfried Shute wrote in 1969, which I got from Z-Library: Vitamin E for Ailing and Healthy Hearts.

Please hold on to it before you do much scanning on it, as it may be available as a digital file elsewhere, and you won't have to scan if that's the case.

I should probably get a list of books published by the Shutes, and try to get all of them, so as to get a good accounting of their experiences.
wow it totally drops off after I click the reply button. Try getting it from your original post

OP
yerrag

yerrag

You are the one who posted it. I right clicked and saved it. When I tried to respond to you it dropped off. It will not save as an image. I will try something different
I have been reading it, but it's a scanned pdf so text search is not available.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

wow it totally drops off after I click the reply button. Try getting it from your original post

I think Burt showed a link to a book off archive.org that would have the pages that you wanted to scan.

Not sure if you checked that out, as I wasn't sure if the pages are there, and I wouldn't know what to check either.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

I think Amazon Canada has pretty much blocked Canadians from any good vitamin E.

They sell the synthetic, and if it's not synthetic, it is mixed with PUFA. They have Barrie Tan's DeltaGold available, which says something about DeltaGold in a very unflattering way, I think. I could not recommend any vitamin E to a cousin in Canada who could benefit from using real Vitamin E.

The US is still a better country to live in, vitamin E wise at least. You can get TocoVit, Health Natura, Unique E (Amazon Canada way overpriced), Thorne Ultimate E, and Procaps' Ultimate Gamma E.

Last edited:
B

Braveheart

Shute Vitamin E Treatment Protocol

Natural Alpha Tocopherol (Vitamin E) in the treatment of Cardiovascular and Renal Diseases
as suggested by Drs. Wilfrid and Evan Shute and the Shute Institute for Clinical and Laboratory Medicine, London, Ontario, Canada. Use only products labeled in terms of InternatIonal Units (IU).

Acute coronary thrombosis: 450 to 1,600 IU a day started as soon as possible and maintained.
Older cases of coronary thrombosis: 450 to 1,600 IU if systolic pressure is under 160 Otherwise 450 IU for the first four weeks, particularly if a hypotensive agent is used concurrently.
Acute rheumatic fever: 450 to 600 IU daily.
Chronic rheumatic heart disease: give 90 IU daily first month, 120 IU daily second month and 150 IU daily for third month. 150 IU may be ideal dose. Occasionally more is necessary and advisable. Response will necessarily be slow.
Anginal Syndrome: 450 to 1,600 IU if systolic pressure is under 160. Otherwise start on 150 IU for four weeks then 300 IU for four weeks, particularly if hypotensive agent is used.
Hypertensive heart disease: 75 IU daily for four weeks, 150 IU daily for four weeks, then cautiously increase. Should be used with hypotensive agents. High doses of vitamin E have been shown to reduce high blood pressure in rats with chronic kidney failure. (Vaziri N. Hypertension, Jan 2002.)
Thrombophlebitis and Phlebothrombosis: 600 to 1,600 IU daily.
Thrombocytopaenic Purpura: 800 to 1,200 IU daily.
Diabetes Mellitus: Same schedule as for cardiacs.
Acute and Chronic Nephritis: as for cardiac patients.
Burns, Plastic Surgery, Mazoplasia: 600 to 1,600 IU daily, using vitamin E ointment or vitamin E spray as adjunct. (Editor’s note: vitamin E may also be dripped from a thumbtack-punctured capsule.)

CAUTIONS
The maintenance dose equals the therapeutic dose.
Do not take iron and vitamin E at same time. If iron is indicated, separate the doses by about nine hours.
The digitalis requirement is often reduced after vitamin E takes hold, so over-digitalization should be avoided. A patient receiving vitamin E should not be digitalized by the Eggleston massive dose technique nor any of its modifications. It is usually sufficient for full digitalization to give what is ordinarily a maintenance dose of 1 1/2 grains digitalis folia or 0.1 mg digitoxin per day. By the second day the patient is often digitalized.
Insulin dosages in diabetic cardiacs must be watched closely, for the insulin requirement may be considerably reduced very suddenly.
Hyperthyroidism is sometimes a contraindication.
Estrogens should rarely be given at the same time as alpha tocopherol (vitamin E).
(Editor's note: The Shutes also recommend caution with patients who have untreated high blood pressure, a rheumatic heart, or congestive heart failure. If you are a person with these or any other preexisting medical condition, you need to WORK WITH YOUR PHYSICIAN TO DETERMINE YOUR OPTIMUM VITAMIN E LEVEL.)

TWELVE EFFECTS OF ALPHA TOCOPHEROL (Vitamin E)
1. It reduces the oxygen requirement of tissues.
Hove, Hickman, and Harris (1945) Arch. Biochem. 8:395.
Telford et al (1954) Air University School of Aviation Medicine Project #21-1201-0013, Report #4, May. Randolph Field, Texas.
2. It melts fresh clots, and prevents embolism.
Wilson and Parry (1954) Lancet 1:486.
3. It improves collateral circulation.
Enria and Fererro (1951) Arch. per Ia Scienze Med. 91:23.
Domingues and Dominguez (1953) Angiologia 5:51.
4. It is a vasodilator.
5. It occasionally lyses scar tissue.
Steinberg (1948) Med. Clin. N. America 30:221, 1946.
6. It prevents scar contraction as wounds heal.
7. It increases low platelet counts.
SkeIton, Shute, Skinner and Waud (1946) Science 103:762.
8. It decreases the insulin requirement in about 1/4 of diabetics.
Butturini (1950) Gior. di Clin. Med. 31:1.
Tolgyes (1957) Summary 9:10.
9. It is one of the regulators of fat and protein metabolism.
Hickman (1948) Rec. of Chem. Progress, p.104.
10. It stimulates muscle power.
Percival (1951) Summary 3:55.
11. It preserves capillary walls.
Ames, Baxter and Griffith (1951) International Review of Vitamin Research 22:401.
12. It prevents haemolysis of red blood cells.
Rose and Gyorgy (1951) Fed. Proc.10:239. 1951.

OTHER RELEVANT PUBLICATIONS
Tolgyes, S. and Shute, E. V. (1957), Alpha Tocopherol in the Management of Small Areas of Gangrene. Can. M. A. J. 76:730.
Shute, E.V. (1957) The Prevention of Congenital Anomalies in the Human: Experiences with Alpha Tocopherol as a Prophylactic Measure. J. Ob. & Gyn. Brit. Emp. 44:390.
Hauch, J. T. (1957) A New Treatment for Resistant Pressure Sores. Can. M.A.J. 77:125.
Shute, E. V. (1957) Alpha Tocopherol in Cardiovascular Disease. Oxford University Med. Gaz. 9:96.
many thanks!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals