Good Vitamin E Resources From The Past Being Cancelled: Can We Have a Repository Here?

P

Peatness

Vitamin E Succinate: The Preferred Form of Vitamin E to Combat Breast, Prostate and Other Cancers

Attachments

• Vitamin E Succinate cancer.pdf
    43.7 KB · Views: 23
OP
yerrag

yerrag

Shute Vitamin E Treatment Protocol

Natural Alpha Tocopherol (Vitamin E) in the treatment of Cardiovascular and Renal Diseases
as suggested by Drs. Wilfrid and Evan Shute and the Shute Institute for Clinical and Laboratory Medicine, London, Ontario, Canada. Use only products labeled in terms of InternatIonal Units (IU).

Acute coronary thrombosis: 450 to 1,600 IU a day started as soon as possible and maintained.
Older cases of coronary thrombosis: 450 to 1,600 IU if systolic pressure is under 160 Otherwise 450 IU for the first four weeks, particularly if a hypotensive agent is used concurrently.
Acute rheumatic fever: 450 to 600 IU daily.
Chronic rheumatic heart disease: give 90 IU daily first month, 120 IU daily second month and 150 IU daily for third month. 150 IU may be ideal dose. Occasionally more is necessary and advisable. Response will necessarily be slow.
Anginal Syndrome: 450 to 1,600 IU if systolic pressure is under 160. Otherwise start on 150 IU for four weeks then 300 IU for four weeks, particularly if hypotensive agent is used.
Hypertensive heart disease: 75 IU daily for four weeks, 150 IU daily for four weeks, then cautiously increase. Should be used with hypotensive agents. High doses of vitamin E have been shown to reduce high blood pressure in rats with chronic kidney failure. (Vaziri N. Hypertension, Jan 2002.)
Thrombophlebitis and Phlebothrombosis: 600 to 1,600 IU daily.
Thrombocytopaenic Purpura: 800 to 1,200 IU daily.
Diabetes Mellitus: Same schedule as for cardiacs.
Acute and Chronic Nephritis: as for cardiac patients.
Burns, Plastic Surgery, Mazoplasia: 600 to 1,600 IU daily, using vitamin E ointment or vitamin E spray as adjunct. (Editor’s note: vitamin E may also be dripped from a thumbtack-punctured capsule.)

CAUTIONS
The maintenance dose equals the therapeutic dose.
Do not take iron and vitamin E at same time. If iron is indicated, separate the doses by about nine hours.
The digitalis requirement is often reduced after vitamin E takes hold, so over-digitalization should be avoided. A patient receiving vitamin E should not be digitalized by the Eggleston massive dose technique nor any of its modifications. It is usually sufficient for full digitalization to give what is ordinarily a maintenance dose of 1 1/2 grains digitalis folia or 0.1 mg digitoxin per day. By the second day the patient is often digitalized.
Insulin dosages in diabetic cardiacs must be watched closely, for the insulin requirement may be considerably reduced very suddenly.
Hyperthyroidism is sometimes a contraindication.
Estrogens should rarely be given at the same time as alpha tocopherol (vitamin E).
(Editor's note: The Shutes also recommend caution with patients who have untreated high blood pressure, a rheumatic heart, or congestive heart failure. If you are a person with these or any other preexisting medical condition, you need to WORK WITH YOUR PHYSICIAN TO DETERMINE YOUR OPTIMUM VITAMIN E LEVEL.)

TWELVE EFFECTS OF ALPHA TOCOPHEROL (Vitamin E)
1. It reduces the oxygen requirement of tissues.
Hove, Hickman, and Harris (1945) Arch. Biochem. 8:395.
Telford et al (1954) Air University School of Aviation Medicine Project #21-1201-0013, Report #4, May. Randolph Field, Texas.
2. It melts fresh clots, and prevents embolism.
Shute, Vogelsang, Skelton and Shute (1948) Surg., Gyn. and Obst. 86:1.
Wilson and Parry (1954) Lancet 1:486.
3. It improves collateral circulation.
Enria and Fererro (1951) Arch. per Ia Scienze Med. 91:23.
Domingues and Dominguez (1953) Angiologia 5:51.
4. It is a vasodilator.
5. It occasionally lyses scar tissue.
Steinberg (1948) Med. Clin. N. America 30:221, 1946.
6. It prevents scar contraction as wounds heal.
7. It increases low platelet counts.
SkeIton, Shute, Skinner and Waud (1946) Science 103:762.
8. It decreases the insulin requirement in about 1/4 of diabetics.
Butturini (1950) Gior. di Clin. Med. 31:1.
Tolgyes (1957) Summary 9:10.
9. It is one of the regulators of fat and protein metabolism.
Hickman (1948) Rec. of Chem. Progress, p.104.
10. It stimulates muscle power.
Percival (1951) Summary 3:55.
11. It preserves capillary walls.
Ames, Baxter and Griffith (1951) International Review of Vitamin Research 22:401.
12. It prevents haemolysis of red blood cells.
Rose and Gyorgy (1951) Fed. Proc.10:239. 1951.

OTHER RELEVANT PUBLICATIONS
Tolgyes, S. and Shute, E. V. (1957), Alpha Tocopherol in the Management of Small Areas of Gangrene. Can. M. A. J. 76:730.
Shute, E.V. (1957) The Prevention of Congenital Anomalies in the Human: Experiences with Alpha Tocopherol as a Prophylactic Measure. J. Ob. & Gyn. Brit. Emp. 44:390.
Hauch, J. T. (1957) A New Treatment for Resistant Pressure Sores. Can. M.A.J. 77:125.
Shute, E. V. (1957) Alpha Tocopherol in Cardiovascular Disease. Oxford University Med. Gaz. 9:96.
Thank you.

This is a good guide, as it is based on the clinical experience of the good brother doctors Shute. It is also backed by studies as referenced.

Unfortunately, it is hard to find those references. I hope it isn't because I haven't cast enough wide of a net, and it may just be that more effort by more people would be needed. Some of these may be in libraries, public and university, in books and collections, and in microfilms. It may also be in other countries, if not in the US. Some may also be in Russia.

When we treat ourselves using Vitamin E, it's important to know what kind of Vitamin E to use, the dosage, and even though it is safer than pharma in terms of side effects, one can't assume that one won't experience side effects. So, one needs to be patient and not go full throttle, no matter how long one has been in a diseased condition and would want to break free from its old.

I learned this lessons recently, by taking 2400mg vit E (Andrew Lessman's Ultimate Gamma Vitamin E). Indeed, I experienced higher blood pressure, just as Dr, Shute warned:

Persons with high blood pressure need to increase their daily amount of vitamin E gradually, say the Shutes. This is because the vitamin increases the strength of the heartbeat, and a gradual increase of E avoids any sudden rise in blood pressure. The Shutes found that over a period of months, a gradually increasing dose can yield a lower blood pressure.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Vitamin E Succinate: The Preferred Form of Vitamin E to Combat Breast, Prostate and Other Cancers
There have been many article regarding the benefits of synthetic Vitamin E. The dl-tocopheryl acetates and dl=ctocopheryl succinates are the most common types.

This article by orthomolecular doctor Abram Hoffer gives us a history of Vitamin E we don't find in the internet these days. In fact, it has been cancelled and now resides in the web archives. One day it may even be erased from there. If you haven't read this, I encourage you to read it. As he recounts how the FDA and the medical complex, and this was way back in the 40s and 50s, relegated natural vitamin E, complete with the 4 isomer tocopherols, into the level of the garbage bin, marginalizing it, and in its place it put the synthetic versions of Vitamin E as its standard.

Given the lack of integrity of the FDA, and its accomplices in the medical and academic circles, I cannot help but cast aspersion on the validity of studies involving the synthetic vitamin E's. They have a higher barrier to climb in my eyes. I would trust the clinicial experiences of the Shute brothers over the papers of academia any given day.

Here s the article by Dr. Hoffer:

But thank you for sharing this. I just wanted to use this opportunity to express my distrust of the FDA as controlled by its masters. This game isn't new, but as long as we give these low lifes the equal time of day, they will always use it against us. The COVID Hoax did not materialize overnight, it came about because we choose to keep giving rascals the benefit of the doubt. And they use our goodness against us, each time it gets more egregious than ever.

Dr. B

There have been many article regarding the benefits of synthetic Vitamin E. The dl-tocopheryl acetates and dl=ctocopheryl succinates are the most common types.

This article by orthomolecular doctor Abram Hoffer gives us a history of Vitamin E we don't find in the internet these days. In fact, it has been cancelled and now resides in the web archives. One day it may even be erased from there. If you haven't read this, I encourage you to read it. As he recounts how the FDA and the medical complex, and this was way back in the 40s and 50s, relegated natural vitamin E, complete with the 4 isomer tocopherols, into the level of the garbage bin, marginalizing it, and in its place it put the synthetic versions of Vitamin E as its standard.

Given the lack of integrity of the FDA, and its accomplices in the medical and academic circles, I cannot help but cast aspersion on the validity of studies involving the synthetic vitamin E's. They have a higher barrier to climb in my eyes. I would trust the clinicial experiences of the Shute brothers over the papers of academia any given day.

Here s the article by Dr. Hoffer:

But thank you for sharing this. I just wanted to use this opportunity to express my distrust of the FDA as controlled by its masters. This game isn't new, but as long as we give these low lifes the equal time of day, they will always use it against us. The COVID Hoax did not materialize overnight, it came about because we choose to keep giving rascals the benefit of the doubt. And they use our goodness against us, each time it gets more egregious than ever.
isnt there a d alpha tocopherol succinate?

OP
yerrag

yerrag

isnt there a d alpha tocopherol succinate?
Probably. It's just like sucrose going thru mods and ending up as sucralose and the makers touting it as made from 'real sugar.'

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Here's a book in the Web Archive. I just perused it for one hour, as it was the limit short of being on the waitlist to borrow it for 14 days:

@Pina p. 92 talks about its use on diseases involving collagen. Just a brief mention of it.

The title is Dr. Wilfrid Shute's Complete...Updated Vitamin E Book 1975.

It's to be noted that Dr. Shute up till this time believed in the use of synthetic alpha tocopherol. This is what Dr. Hoffer believe to be the reason the Shute bros. began to see their use of Vitamin E to treat cardiovascular become less effective towards the end of their practice. They started out using natural vitamin E, and they shifted to synthetic vitamin E as their suppliers convinced them the synthetic vitamin E was better. See Hoffer's article 3 posts up.

The book, nevertheless opened my eyes towards applications of vitamin E I never thought possible. It can heal indolent ulcers, or ulcers that don't heal, and that made me think of trying it on my kitten who has that tail that's not healing permanently, and I can also try it on my keloids.

burtlancast

I started on E many years ago when one of my teachers told me I had to take it due to the smog. She knew all the old time health people like Adele Davis and the Bragg family etc. etc, etc She was a nurse in ww2. I only started with 100 units and also she insisted on 500 mgs of Vit C daily. Now I take more of both including wheat germ oil at night every other night alternating with Vit E alpha toc.

Are you interested in having this chapter from a 1977 Rodele Press book?

The Vitamin E Story
By Wilfrid E. Shute, B.A., M.D.

[pages 410 through 428

The pages are large. Only one page at a time will fit on my scanner without harming the book. The scanner lid is on the side so in spinning the book around some of the pages will be upside-down. If I rotate them in photoshop they still look weird.
Therefore as a trial I used installed software to save the document as editable text (OCR) and can save the chapter, page by page, as .txt (text) or .html. In so doing it saves as a readable format. There are always a few errors on machine renditions so it gives me a chance to re-read the chapter. It was very helpful in getting my husband to start upping his Vit E and also that some people do well on wheat germ oil; which also helps me. Some things were spelled differently than I am used to seeing such as the word ‘marvelled' with 2 Ls

The first 2 pages of that chapter are included in this reply to you. Let me know if you want me to continue. I will do some trials in another post to you here to see if I can add a doc file as an attachment to this form.
I will not have much time for the next month so if you are interested it will not be done overnight although I will do it in as timely a manner as possible.
Best wishes,
Ps
Another useful book on the subject of self-cures,
"Life Extension - A Practical Scientific Approach" by Kirk Pearson and Sandy Shaw presents very good evidence on using Vitamin C and Vitamin E to improve the heart. They also used other drugs in addition to vitamins. I have a vintage, previously owned budget edition (newsprint type of paper and a soft cardboard cover) and it is falling apart. I cannot scan it as it will probably crumble and have to gently cradle it if reading it. It is interesting information and I hope you have a copy or can find one.
Already available on the net !

OP
yerrag

yerrag

P

Peatness

Here's a book in the Web Archive. I just perused it for one hour, as it was the limit short of being on the waitlist to borrow it for 14 days:

@Pina p. 92 talks about its use on diseases involving collagen. Just a brief mention of it.

The title is Dr. Wilfrid Shute's Complete...Updated Vitamin E Book 1975.

It's to be noted that Dr. Shute up till this time believed in the use of synthetic alpha tocopherol. This is what Dr. Hoffer believe to be the reason the Shute bros. began to see their use of Vitamin E to treat cardiovascular become less effective towards the end of their practice. They started out using natural vitamin E, and they shifted to synthetic vitamin E as their suppliers convinced them the synthetic vitamin E was better. See Hoffer's article 3 posts up.

The book, nevertheless opened my eyes towards applications of vitamin E I never thought possible. It can heal indolent ulcers, or ulcers that don't heal, and that made me think of trying it on my kitten who has that tail that's not healing permanently, and I can also try it on my keloids.
Thank you. I have read this book.

I think the issue is getting the right kind of vitamin E. The market is flooded with rubbish

burtlancast

I could just buy the book and benefit from reading it, and just leave it at that. Or I could share it with you. But it's only one book, and it would be at my expense, and to scan and share it, also mine. But I thought, if I did this, and 11 other people in this forum, can each find an old book on Vitamin E, maybe it would make sense for me, as then I could also benefit from it, and the 11 others could as well. As then we would have access to 12 cancelled but very useful books on Vitamin E.
Count me in.
Maybe we could create a dedicated thread looking for +20 people willing to buy, scan and share with the other 20.
A lot of interesting books aren't on the net yet.

p.s. I don't have a scanner, but my smartphone would be able to do it with a bit of manual scanning on my part for my one book. It would be bulky in size, but if there's a nice OCR software online, it would easily convert it into a textual pdf file.
There's a free program for exactly such thing: Scantailor.
It really works very well for scanned pages (i would strongly advise a flatbed scanner).
You can then perform an OCR with ABBY OCR for best results and (much) smaller file size.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Count me in.
Maybe we could create a dedicated thread looking for +20 people willing to buy, scan and share with the other 20.
A lot of interesting books aren't on the net yet.
Thank you very much for the support Burt!
There's a free program for exactly such thing: Scantailor.
It really works very well for scanned pages (i would strongly advise a flatbed scanner).
You can then perform an OCR with ABBY OCR for best results and (much) smaller file size.
We can really take off with such tools.

Question: If a flatbed scanner is a hassle (I got rid of mine as it was bulky and takes too much space and most of the time I wasn't doing anything with it), would Scantailor be fine with a cellphone scan? Other than it being less convenient?

burtlancast

Thank you very much for the support Burt!

We can really take off with such tools.

Question: If a flatbed scanner is a hassle (I got rid of mine as it was bulky and takes too much space and most of the time I wasn't doing anything with it), would Scantailor be fine with a cellphone scan? Other than it being less convenient?

You can never achieve the same image quality with a cellphone as with a flatbed scanner; it's night and day really.

When it comes to lighting, image distortion, background noise, etc that will all affect text recognition.

It would be a pity to buy a book and invest the time and get a so-so result. Now it's true you risk of destroying/damaging a little the book in a flatbed scanner, so it depends what you want; i suppose a cellphone would still do the trick .
There are cellphone setups with auxillary lamps, etc designed for mass scanning, but that's very involved, as opposed to a flatbed scanner which is very straightforward.

One can find all-in-one printers-fax-scanners for 20 bucks in perfect order on ebay.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

You can never achieve the same image quality with a cellphone as with a flatbed scanner; it's night and day really.

When it comes to lighting, image distortion, background noise, etc that will all affect text recognition.

It would be a pity to buy a book and invest the time and get a so-so result. Now it's true you risk of destroying/damaging a little the book in a flatbed scanner, so it depends what you want; i suppose a cellphone would still do the trick .
There are cellphone setups with auxillary lamps, etc designed for mass scanning, but that's very involved, as opposed to a flatbed scanner which is very straightforward.

One can find all-in-one printers-fax-scanners for 20 bucks in perfect order on ebay.
Those are very good points. We'll go with the flat bed scannera then.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Here is another book on vitamin E, from 1964, written by Herbert Bailey, who is a writer, and whose writing has more flow than those of the doctor brothers Shute. What he writes echoes much of what the doctors share in their books. The title is: Vitamin E: Your Key to A Healthy Heart.

There are many details shared, and I just want to point out one thing that stood out for me. This was also mentioned in the books by the doctors as well. It is that there are not only 4 isomers of tocopherols, but 7. I don't recall the names of all three, just that one is named epsilon. Whatever happened to these is something I'd like to know. Maybe they were later recognized as tocotrienols, maybe?

Dr. B

Here is another book on vitamin E, from 1964, written by Herbert Bailey, who is a writer, and whose writing has more flow than those of the doctor brothers Shute. What he writes echoes much of what the doctors share in their books. The title is: Vitamin E: Your Key to A Healthy Heart.

There are many details shared, and I just want to point out one thing that stood out for me. This was also mentioned in the books by the doctors as well. It is that there are not only 4 isomers of tocopherols, but 7. I don't recall the names of all three, just that one is named epsilon. Whatever happened to these is something I'd like to know. Maybe they were later recognized as tocotrienols, maybe?

that is what some sources state today, but they say there's 8 isomers. 4 tocopherols, and 4 tocotrienols. both are alpha, gamma, delta or beta. the tocotrienols seem to be found in the more MUFA/SFA sources of fats like coconut oil, palm oil whereas tocopherols seem more common in PUFA. the tocotrienols themselves are unsaturated, some on here said they are bad due to that unsaturation. Ray said "a small amount of tocotrienol contributes to the protective vitamin E action"

OP
yerrag

yerrag

An article of Ray Peat is worth reading:

Very little research showing the curative effects of vitamin E in human diseases was allowed to be published, so it was only occasionally necessary to openly denounce vitamin E as worthless or dangerous. In 1981, the journal of the AMA published an article reviewing the "toxic" effects of vitamin E. Since I had read all of the articles cited, I realized that the author was claiming that whenever vitamin E changed something, the change was harmful, even though the original publication had described the effect as beneficial.

In the 1940s, the official definition of vitamin E's activity was changed. Instead of its effectiveness in preventing the death and resorption of embryos, or the degeneration of the testicles or brain or muscles, it was redefined as an antioxidant, preventing the oxidation of unsaturated oils.

Although some people continued to think of it as a protective factor against thrombosis, heart attacks, diabetes, and infertility, the medical establishment claimed that the prevention or cure of diseases in animals wasn't relevant to humans, and that a mere antioxidant couldn't prevent or cure any human disease.

Since way back as early as the 1940s, the medical establishment has been on a war footing against vitamin E.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Ray said "a small amount of tocotrienol contributes to the protective vitamin E action"
Do you have reference to this? Has he changed his stance, as this is what he wrote:

The unsaturated tocotrienols have hardly been tested for the spectrum of true vitamin E activity, and animal studies have suggested that it may be toxic, since it caused liver enlargement.

Give a listen:

View: https://youtu.be/93NRlXAsEdE?t=3051

Dr. B

Do you have reference to this? Has he changed his stance, as this is what he wrote:

The unsaturated tocotrienols have hardly been tested for the spectrum of true vitamin E activity, and animal studies have suggested that it may be toxic, since it caused liver enlargement.

Give a listen:

View: https://youtu.be/93NRlXAsEdE?t=3051

it was email, last year mate, I wonder if he's changed it

OP
yerrag

yerrag