Good Vitamin E Resources From The Past Being Cancelled: Can We Have a Repository Here?

LA

You may done this already so forgive me for asking this. HAve you wrote to them about these batches?
No. Too much time had elapsed. If we call about an unsatisfactory order we do it within two days or less. We have no problem with logging a complaint if needed.

*For instance:*
I use synthetic d-Alpha Tocopheryl topically instead of using hand-lotion if my hands are too dry; a winter problem for me. I used to order it from iHerb. However, due to their unacceptable handling of a shipment and their handling of our multiple complaints on that shipment we stopped ordering anything from iHerb.

In early-2019 I placed an order for the liquid d-Alpha Tocopheryl. They sent 6 bottles. Three had tops that were ajar enough to leak the thick liquid all over the package. We emailed a complaint immediately.
Sadly, iHerb was obviously outsourcing their complaints to other countries as different bots or humans using translators kept asking for pictures of the leak in the bottle (singular) another for pics of the bottles with the leaking holes. The bottles were covered in oil. They were and still are glass bottles and the oil was shiny and so were the bottles with or without oil on the outside. We took snaps of shiny, oil covered tiny glass bottles nestled in iHerb puffy green bubble wrap that didnt really display a difference between oil drops and shiny green bubble wrap.

After about 6 replies of total nonsense my husband and I called the manufacturer, NaturesPlus, and complained.
Natures Plus sent Fed-ex to pick up the 'leaking' bottles. They asked us to tighten the tops as best as possible and wipe off any residue oil. They also sent us 6 new, tightly closed bottles.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

No. Too much time had elapsed. If we call about an unsatisfactory order we do it within two days or less. We have no problem with logging a complaint if needed.

*For instance:*
I use synthetic d-Alpha Tocopheryl topically instead of using hand-lotion if my hands are too dry; a winter problem for me. I used to order it from iHerb. However, due to their unacceptable handling of a shipment and their handling of our multiple complaints on that shipment we stopped ordering anything from iHerb.

In early-2019 I placed an order for the liquid d-Alpha Tocopheryl. They sent 6 bottles. Three had tops that were ajar enough to leak the thick liquid all over the package. We emailed a complaint immediately.
Sadly, iHerb was obviously outsourcing their complaints to other countries as different bots or humans using translators kept asking for pictures of the leak in the bottle (singular) another for pics of the bottles with the leaking holes. The bottles were covered in oil. They were and still are glass bottles and the oil was shiny and so were the bottles with or without oil on the outside. We took snaps of shiny, oil covered tiny glass bottles nestled in iHerb puffy green bubble wrap that didnt really display a difference between oil drops and shiny green bubble wrap.

After about 6 replies of total nonsense my husband and I called the manufacturer, NaturesPlus, and complained.
Natures Plus sent Fed-ex to pick up the 'leaking' bottles. They asked us to tighten the tops as best as possible and wipe off any residue oil. They also sent us 6 new, tightly closed bottles.
Too bad about that. You were probably too busy at that time. Otherwise you would have given Unique E a chance to look into the batch related to the products you had a bad reaction to. And you would have gotten replacements for the said products. That is, if the company is still run by the same kind of people who founded it, and not some lawyer or bean counter.

LA

Too bad about that. You were probably too busy at that time. Otherwise you would have given Unique E a chance to look into the batch related to the products you had a bad reaction to. And you would have gotten replacements for the said products. That is, if the company is still run by the same kind of people who founded it, and not some lawyer or bean counter.
good guess, yes 3 deaths (2 close friends and a family member) the friends had been chain smoking since they were in Junior HS. The other was my maternal line uncle with the yellow hair. Have my doubts about most companies these days

OP
yerrag

yerrag

good guess, yes 3 deaths (2 close friends and a family member) the friends had been chain smoking since they were in Junior HS. The other was my maternal line uncle with the yellow hair. Have my doubts about most companies these days
That would make you very busy. LA sprawl and traffic makes it time-consuming. When I lived in a mid-American city, it was easy to run into a friend and just say let's get together in a bar as it doesn't take long to get there. Not in LA.

LA

That would make you very busy. LA sprawl and traffic makes it time-consuming. When I lived in a mid-American city, it was easy to run into a friend and just say let's get together in a bar as it doesn't take long to get there. Not in LA.
We are 8 miles from the Pacific Ocean as the crow flies. Most folks in our neighborhood hang out at home or go to work, do their own cooking, gardening, fix their cars and motorcycles, ride bicycles, walk, paint their houses and garages, etc. Yes in the days before the Covid nuisance people could get together in public venues. Many places are still closed. We had a surfer 'dude' renting a garage near us and he let his brother who had been running a bar for many, many years move in with him after his bar had to close.
As far as sprawling LA – if a person more or less just hangs out in their own neighborhood it doesn’t matter

OP
yerrag

yerrag

We are 8 miles from the Pacific Ocean as the crow flies. Most folks in our neighborhood hang out at home or go to work, do their own cooking, gardening, fix their cars and motorcycles, ride bicycles, walk, paint their houses and garages, etc. Yes in the days before the Covid nuisance people could get together in public venues. Many places are still closed. We had a surfer 'dude' renting a garage near us and he let his brother who had been running a bar for many, many years move in with him after his bar had to close.
As far as sprawling LA – if a person more or less just hangs out in their own neighborhood it doesn’t matter
Just nice to have a nice neighborhood to hang around in where most of your friends and relatives are. Just couldn't imagine LA having a lot of homies still, but nice to know it's not filled with transients that have no attachment to the neighborhood.

InChristAlone

I don't have anything to compare it to other than solgar vitamin E, but the unique-E I got from iherb seems legit. Very viscous, taste is great and seems to give a good feeling. I never take a whole capsule just squeeze some out.

golder

I don't have anything to compare it to other than solgar vitamin E, but the unique-E I got from iherb seems legit. Very viscous, taste is great and seems to give a good feeling. I never take a whole capsule just squeeze some out.
Nice. What’s wrong with taking the whole capsule?

InChristAlone

Nice. What’s wrong with taking the whole capsule?
I would probably get gut irritation from that amount. It's a pretty big capsule!

Veritas IV

Bump: hoping to reignite interest.

I see it wasn't mentioned here but i think Erwin Di Cyan's Vitamin E and Aging book went through a reprint and renamed in either 1973 or 1978, have seen both claims on different sites.

As per this webpage, the book was republished in Britain and renamed Staying Young With Vitamin E in 1973: Staying young with vitamin E / Erwin di Cyan ; foreword by Christopher Cook.

Staying young with vitamin E / Erwin di Cyan ; foreword by Christopher Cook.​

• Di Cyan, Erwin
Date:1973
  • Books

About this work​

Also known as​

Vitamin E and aging. English

Publication/Creation​

London : W.H. Allen, 1973.

Physical description​

xiii, 176 pages ; 22 cm

Contributors​

Notes​

Originally published as 'Vitamin E and aging'. New York: Pyramid, 1972
Includes bibliography and index

I've researched the original book title in the bowels of the web and came up with nothing, the book has literally been expunged (burned) from everywhere. But the book being renamed and republished gives us a new lead to research. Am also considering a purchase.

I have two other book download resources on another PC, will share those sites soon. I've spotted quite a few Vit E books already in my search.

Stay tuned.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals