Good side dishes for red meat?

清貴杉山

What the RPForum eats as a side dish for the red meat?im curios,since they avoid carotenes,all orange gourds and roots are not an option,most dont eat potatos???what to eat?
i refuse to add cooked fruits with red meats,sorry its zero appealing and a bit gross tbh

Kram

I like diced potatoes but they are a pain to cook properly. I haven't figured out a good side either. Normally just eat some honey or jaggery before and after for some carbs.

I don't really have sides anymore, I think it complicates digestion. For red meat like steak some blue cheese melted on top with a few bites of arugula, very nice! Sauteed mushroom is very "Peaty" with red meat. I enjoy ricotta with steak athese couple of different ways.

Attachments

• 20201217_170606.jpg
    20201217_170606.jpg
    467.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 20210107_155208.jpg
    20210107_155208.jpg
    629.7 KB · Views: 23
I just posted my Hibachi Veggie recipe yesterday on my "Peaty Fruits & Vegetables" thread which is really tasty with a grilled steak that is cubed after it's done, dipped in a light (soyless) salty sweet & spicy hibachi sauce.

Attachments

• 20210831_124813.jpg
    20210831_124813.jpg
    547 KB · Views: 18

清貴杉山

I don't really have sides anymore, I think it complicates digestion. For red meat like steak some blue cheese melted on top with a few bites of arugula, very nice! Sauteed mushroom is very "Peaty" with red meat. I enjoy ricotta with steak athese couple of different ways.
i need to find a mild ricotta to do this,but i end up doing like @Kram and just spooning honey with milk after a protein meal,and i got tired of zucchinis lol

清貴杉山

Maybe basic but usual eat my steak with some white rice.
im trying to avoid grains for now except for masa harina,but i dont want to eat corn tortillas everyday either lol,cant wait to be in summer and eat pounds of tomatos fresh everyday

carlz

+1 for sautéed mushrooms! Can’t go wrong with mashed potatoes (or potatoes in any form). You could also roast up some squash.

lampofred

Peat likes carrots and potatoes, and what's wrong with root vegetables? Vegetable oil is a problem because it's such a concentrated source of PUFA but I doubt the tiny amounts of PUFA in root vegetables are a problem when they are used as sides.

i need to find a mild ricotta to do this,but i end up doing like @Kram and just spooning honey with milk after a protein meal,and i got tired of zucchinis lol

Yeah zucchini is good when your eating them, but they never sound good. There really isn't a whole lot of great things to do with them if you are not baking zucchini bread.

Peat likes carrots and potatoes, and what's wrong with root vegetables? Vegetable oil is a problem because it's such a concentrated source of PUFA but I doubt the tiny amounts of PUFA in root vegetables are a problem when they are used as sides.
He says underground vegetables are better than the above ground vegetables for their lack of PUFA's and plant defensive toxins, so only starches are their downside.

+1 for sautéed mushrooms! Can’t go wrong with mashed potatoes (or potatoes in any form). You could also roast up some squash.

Oh I love roasted squash and onions with beef! Check out this beauty of a plate!

Attachments

• 20201103_184028.jpg
    20201103_184028.jpg
    498.5 KB · Views: 19

AlaskaJono

We just had BBQ lamb chump chops with onions with side dish of mashed potatoes with Swiss chard in it. Chard is prepared first by cleaning chopping and then steam for 20-25 minutes. Add to steamed/boiled potatoes with butter, milk and MCT and/or coconut oil and salt. Smash by hand. Mmmmm delish. Also just plain boiled beets are nice. And easy. See how you go.

ursidae

I cook ground meat in tomato paste (b vitamins are retained in the liquid) and add salt, red onion, parsley basil and oregano, olive oil. Turns into a giant cup of spaghetti sauce and tastes really good

Exactly - my experience as well. If I eat a stake with potatoes even after 4-5 hours it feels like it sits in the stomach and barely “moves” downstream the digestive tract. If I eat it without starch it digests way faster. Although white rice is usually fine for some reason - that’s pretty much the only side dish I eat, but most of time is just meat with mushrooms and minimal veggies and then fruit and honey as a desert, sometimes ice cream. Our body can’t tell the difference, it just needs calories and nutrients :D

Jennifer

What the RPForum eats as a side dish for the red meat?im curios,since they avoid carotenes,all orange gourds and roots are not an option,most dont eat potatos???what to eat?
i refuse to add cooked fruits with red meats,sorry its zero appealing and a bit gross tbh

I have sweet corn (both off the cob and grilled on the cob) and/or soup (French onion topped with melted gouda or corn chowder) with my meat (scallops). If you eat potatoes, chowders, potato skins topped with cheese and bacon and hasselbacks could be tasty side dishes. I’m not sure how this would turn out but if you like onion rings or blooming onions, for the batter, you could try replacing the wheat flour with masa flour so the recipe would consist of masa flour, milk, eggs, salt (and any other preferred spice) and oil.

rainbowdrops

For the people above eating steak, etc without a side dish, do you incorporate carbs into the meal at all? I’m trying to get out of the carnivore mindset by finding something like honey or juice to have around the same time as my protein, do you do the same?

清貴杉山

For the people above eating steak, etc without a side dish, do you incorporate carbs into the meal at all? I’m trying to get out of the carnivore mindset by finding something like honey or juice to have around the same time as my protein, do you do the same?
you have to aim to have the 3 macros in the same meal,depending on the day the ratios can change in my case,i like to eat higher prot and fat early on the day and a good carb dense meal to sleep solid at night

Steve

I was wondering about this too. I thought you were never supposed to eat protein without a carb.
I have been having fruit or ice cream either right before or right after my steak.
I usually do have something else with it like mushrooms or peas, but those don't have much carbs.
A hunk of meat on a plate just doesn't look right to me without a side of mushrooms or vegetables.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals