Good Ratio Of Glycine To Proline With Muscle Meat?

cyclops

Been taking glycine, recently got proline.

If consuming a meal of muscle meat and trying to mimic gelatin, what would a good ratio of glycine to proline be?

Also how much is good amount to take of each, if say eating about 40 grams of muscle meat protein like a 5 ounce lean steak or something?

OP
cyclops

cyclops

I think cyclops asked a good question here. I am interested in this as well.

How much gelatin and proline should a person take when consuming muscle meat?

OP
cyclops

cyclops

C'mon I know some of you meathead peatheads are doing a shot of glycine every time you bite a steak. Don't you wanna do this thing right? How much proline should get added to the party?

Last edited:

milkboi

I just looked at the typical amino acid profile of Great Lakes Collagen and it roughly contains a ratio of 23:13 Glycine to Proline.
So I would just take double the amount of Glycine (eg.: 3g Glycine, 1,5g Proline).

EustaceBagge

In terms of amino acid composition, 10 grams of collagen should have about 3 grams of glycine, and half that in proline.

3 grams glycine and 1-2 grams proline...

For muscle meat, I don't know the ratio, but you could do something like 20% of total protein intake from glycine/proline in a 2:1 or 3:1 ratio and the remaining 80% from other sources.

Also, people use 3 grams of glycine in isolation to help with sleep, so I assume you wouldn't need much glycine to offset inflammation but whether that is "optimal" I don't know. Just that the amount necessary for effects is low...

Food for thought?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals