Good Quality Vitamin E

J

j.

Dan, a suggestion for your site: I would add something like "high alpha", or "higher alpha" mixed tocopherols, for people with a preference between alpha and gamma.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
j. said:
Dan, a suggestion for your site: I would add something like "high alpha", or "higher alpha" mixed tocopherols, for people with a preference between alpha and gamma.

OH, and I think he should offer free samples too! :mrgreen:

J

j.

Charlie said:

And to that I add one more suggestion: Put "No Tocotrienols" somewhere, to those it applies.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:rolling

Preg for the win. :mrgreen:

J

j.

Charlie said:
:rolling

Preg for the win. :mrgreen:

Side topic, I swear preg seems to be changing how my brain works. Focus on one topic intensely, solve it, move to another, and so on.

Dan W

j. said:
Add brands with high costs, there are people with money. (just my opinion)
I'm partly trying to give short, no-brainer recommendations to people, and so far the expensive ones (Mercola, TkoSkin, OEMINE E) don't look better than the cheaper ones. They're all still there in the "detailed data" area though, with my best guess at a price-per-dose.

j. said:
Dan, a suggestion for your site: I would add something like "high alpha", or "higher alpha"
Good idea, will do. For the moment, I believe:
  • Unique E is high alpha, high gamma
  • Lotioncrafter is low-ish alpha, high gamma
  • Mercola claims to be fairly balanced
  • Olympian Labs is high alpha, low-ish gamma
  • I have warning text next to the ones that are *only* alpha.

Charlie said:
For some reason I love the idea of pouring a drop of oil in an envelope and mailing it to people.

j. said:
And to that I add one more suggestion: Put "No Tocotrienols" somewhere, to those it applies.
It's not very obvious, but I have red warning text by the ones that do have tocotrienols. So if you don't see a warning, it's free of them (to my knowledge).

J

j.

I asked Solgar whether their liquid Vitamin E had more alpha or gamma tocopherols. Their response:

Thank you for contacting Solgar, Inc.The ingredients in our proprietary blends are listed in order of predominance. Therefore there is more d-Alpha Tocopherol than d-Gamma Tocopherols.

I'm skeptical of their response because

1. Their source is soy, which is higher in gamma.
2. They list beta and delta before gamma tocopherols, which implies there is less gamma than delta or beta, which seems rare. Maybe they're the exception.

Kelly

I'd be interested in knowing if anyone contacts designs for health, or I could contact them. The break down of the different forms on e is on that linked site, what else needs to be asked? If it's derived from soy? If it has any other oils?

I was just checking out their vitamin b6 liquid and it looks great, I'm planning on ordering some soon.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
j, have you found a good non soy brand yet? Whats the best brand you have found so far?

I see you are really digging deep into this and I sincerely appreciate it. :hattip

J

j.

I'm using solgar liquid vitamin E occasionally.

I had no reactions despite the fact that it's from soy. I don't use it as much because going by feel, I don't feel I need it. I'm also not using it as much because is high alpha, and I want to have a high gamma supplement to experiment with changing the ratios.

I ordered but haven't yet received lotion crafter, which didn't work for you, Carlson E-Gems, which is a high-alpha mixed tocopherols, and Swanson Maximum Gamma, which is, of course, high gamma. There are two more high gammas mentioned in a post above that someone else might want to try.

All these things are from soy. But again, Solgar liquid is from soy and gave me no issues, despite the fact that I react badly to almost everything based on soy.

I haven't come across any high gamma vitamin E that is not from soy (I think Carlson had one but it's been discontinued). There are mixed tocopherols that aren't from soy. They are, for example, from sunflower oil, but they're all high alpha.

As I said before, if you react well to thorne K, I would try Thorne Vitamin E, but you might react badly to it anyway because thorne vitamin E has a higher concentration of mixed tocopherols than thorne k. Thorne Vitamin E is high gamma.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Thanks j.

Do you notice any benefits when taking it? It seems like haidut had some immediate benefits from it.

J

j.

Yes, I felt really good when I took it. And took it when I "felt" I wanted it, which lasted for about a week.

Among the reasons I didn't jump and take a lot more is that it's diluted in two oils, wheat germ oil and sunflower oil.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Well, I will be interested to hear how your Lotion Crafters vitamin E works for you. I dunno, maybe I took too much. :confused

J

j.

Charlie said:
Well, I will be interested to hear how your Lotion Crafters vitamin E works for you. I dunno, maybe I took too much. :confused

You're not yet willing to try a tiny bit more? A drop?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
It takes me 2 or 3 days to recover from those crashes. I dunno, going to have to think about it.

J

j.

Charlie said:
It takes me 2 or 3 days to recover from those crashes. I dunno, going to have to think about it.

How much did you try last time? Solgar liquid has 500 IU in 1/4 teaspoon. Since yours is purer, it would have more then 2000 IU per teaspoon, but probably less than 4,000 IU, assuming Solgar is at least 50% vitamin E.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
It would be a guess, but 1/16th of a teaspoon.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I would dip my finger in the little jar and get some on the tip of my finger and then rub it into my wrists.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals