Good or bad thing here - thyroid labs

Sagitarrius90

Tsh 1
Free T3 - lower normal
T3 total lower normal
T4 free low normal
Free T4 low normal

My doc said that's perfect since it's withing range even though it's heavily screwed he said thyroid isn't like say kidney function where its dictated by the value he said it's absolute so if your within range that's normal doesn't matter if the numbers within are low normal its absolute apparently black and grey.. Is that bull**** or what literally his words? My calcium is low normal too and I'm taking vitamin d so he said I'm probably deficient in d if I'm having 1g minimum calcium with vitamin d. Should mention im taking kunione and vitamin a

OP
S

Sagitarrius90

Tsh 1
Free T3 - lower normal
T3 total lower normal
T4 free low normal
Free T4 low normal

My doc said that's perfect since it's withing range even though it's heavily screwed he said thyroid isn't like say kidney function where its dictated by the value he said it's absolute so if your within range that's normal doesn't matter if the numbers within are low normal its absolute apparently black and grey.. Is that bull**** or what literally his words? My calcium is low normal too and I'm taking vitamin d so he said I'm probably deficient in d if I'm having 1g minimum calcium with vitamin d. Should mention im taking kunione and vitamin a
Forgot to mention I am taking tyronene so 12-16 mcg of that a day 1-2 a day

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Hmm. Good question, how are you feeling... This seems like a high T3 dose at any one time. TSH has a long half life and seems to be suppressed effectively with T3. T3 itself has a short half life. The possible suppression from the exogenous short lived T3 might be responsible for the lowish labs. Good or bad? I think mostly good.

OP
S

Sagitarrius90

I feel great... The doc wanted me off thyroid to see why I lost so much weight (alot of it fat) and they said it was thyroid. He highly suggested to not take it even though I felt like crap without it for a week.

I'll probably keep dose around 8mcg a day. But again he said those free hormones aren't dictated by the value within value range. It's absolute so I guess these are solid numbers.

I noticed I have low phosphorus yet calcium is in medium range as is magnesium. Does this mean I could have very high D suppressing phosphates or am I not eating enough meat? I get around 150g protein albiet whey protein

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Good question.

A PTH lab would help clarify things, but in general in my practice, a low phosphorus typically is interpreted as someone that is not eating enough.

You motivate me to try T3. Got fats to go.

OP
S

Sagitarrius90

Fun fact... I had an eating disorder growing up and my doc told me I don't eat enouhh calories since my phosphates low... I have low medium calcium but he said my vit d is probably low since calcium can't get up and I'm eating alot of calcium maybe 1.5 g a day... Said T3 speeds up everything so he believes I'm breaking down my vitamin d extremely fast. Not sure what to make of it but if I take more vitamin d wouldn't I tank my phosphates even lower?

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Vitamin D increases the phosphate absorption (and calcium). In general, with an increasing metabolism, you need more nutrition and nutrients except for the ones that one wastes in a hypometabolic state like magnesium.

If I was you, I would back off a little on the T3 and support myself with highly nutritious food. Then would only increase T3 PRN.

OP
S

Sagitarrius90

When I stopped t3 for testing (stopped for a week) I gained tons of water weight and felt like I had high serotonin low dopamine high prolactin symptoms. Just blew up and then the water dropped with T3. I'll back down to maybe 1 dose instead of two and see how it goes.

OP
S

Sagitarrius90

Would you advise I increase vitamin d or just lower T3 and see if things level out? I always though vitamin d lowered calcium but it actually increases it so very concerned why I have low medium calcium with 10iu daily and in some cases I'll mega dose 50 k iu. Taking k2 daily 2mg or 1 drop kunione

xeliex

Forum Supporter
T3 alone can be a roller coaster. Your dose looked high enough to suppress TSH. TASH has a long half life. But I suspected that it would have been lower if you had tested it while being actively on T3. Since the system was suppressed from exogenous T3 and hadn't had time to recover, your T4 and T3 also were towards the lower end - especially that T3 has a very short half life.

I think adding some T4 might provide your with more stability. Even at a 1:1 ratio or 3:1 ratio in favor of T4.

I haven't seen any of your other labs, but supplement vitamin D till you have adequate levels in the mid range and keep calcium intake reasonably high. Yes, vitamin D tends to increase calcium and phosphorus uptake, but not necessarily the blood levels as it is only one piece of the puzzle.

OP
S

Sagitarrius90

I appreciate it. I'm going to do 8mcg T3 instead of T3 and 24mcg t4. I got 250mcg tablets so going to be very hard to dose it so I'll take a very small nipple might be 4:1. Lost over 60 lbs in 1.5 years mostly fat and some muscle just not alot of muscle since I can push the same weight when I was 235.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I appreciate it. I'm going to do 8mcg T3 instead of T3 and 24mcg t4. I got 250mcg tablets so going to be very hard to dose it so I'll take a very small nipple might be 4:1. Lost over 60 lbs in 1.5 years mostly fat and some muscle just not alot of muscle since I can push the same weight when I was 235.
Amazing! You are encouraging me to try some T3.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals