I am planning on doing penicillin vk for some gut issues, and have heard taking an antifungal alongside it will prevent a fungal overgrowth in the process.

1. is this true?
2. what are some good antifungals i could use? doses?

Coconut oil, manuka honey, raw carrots, bamboo shoots and mushrooms are the best ones I know of.

LDoc80

Cinnamon bark (or clove, not both), allicin, coconut oil/monolaurin, biofilm disrupters

boris

I am planning on doing penicillin vk for some gut issues, and have heard taking an antifungal alongside it will prevent a fungal overgrowth in the process.

1. is this true?
2. what are some good antifungals i could use? doses?

Peat recommends a pinch of flowers of sulphur with it for 2-3 days to establish a good gut microbiome. No longer and not too often or you can cause a sensitivity. He used it too often and has sensitized his gut to it.

Jam

Iodine.

conrad0602

Iodine as high as 100mg plus iodine enemas were never helpful for me for what it's worth. I also think supplementing iodine potentially affected my metabolism negatively and I'm not sure it's worth playing around with.

Jam

Iodine as high as 100mg plus iodine enemas were never helpful for me for what it's worth. I also think supplementing iodine potentially affected my metabolism negatively and I'm not sure it's worth playing around with.
What issues were you trying to address, and what forms of iodine did you try?

conrad0602

What issues were you trying to address, and what forms of iodine did you try?
I used Lugol's iodine. I was refering to it's potential to help with clearing candida/overgrowth as an antifungal option. Thought it was worth mentioning the negative effect it had on metabolism. From my experience I feel it's something to approach with caution if not avoided all together.

Jam

I used Lugol's iodine. I was refering to it's potential to help with clearing candida/overgrowth as an antifungal option. Thought it was worth mentioning the negative effect it had on metabolism. From my experience I feel it's something to approach with caution if not avoided all together.
Ok well since it seems like you've made your mind up let's leave it at that then.

"Yes, the plain carrot is good. For people who want more antimicrobial effect, the saturated fats and vinegar are helpful." -Ray Peat e-mail exchange

golder

Is fluconazole or ketoconazole really that bad for a once in a blue moon use after a antibiotic course from an infection I have. Noticed fungal symptoms after the course but want to clear the fungal completely so considering one dose 150mg fluconazole. I know it’s not good on the liver, but is only one use that bad?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals