managing

Do people reporting breathlessness excercise a lot?
Sometimes the next day after intense training recovery is needed, intense training is not recommended by Peat to be fair,if your still training like this is good to acknowledge this and accept it may not be wise to use substances to increase metabolism when your body needs to rest,some substances may aid recovery but once you have gone to far with training the body will be looking to hibernate you because it needs to.
These substances are not the injections Captain America got so your recovery still needs time.

If the PUFA aspect of gonadin is causing this like Peat mentioned in his newsletter it still leaves the question as to why aspirin and the like will cause it,my best guess is you broke through the sweet spot on the bell curve for gaba and and now lactic acid is increasing on top of lactic build up for intense workouts.
For me, the breathlessness came with normal bursts of activity. Running up the stairs. Even talking for a long time. I'm not talking about exercise. But I am also not talking about "out of breath" like you feel from exercise either. Its just a surprise gasp for air when you didn't expect it.

But I think the recent comments are hitting the nail on the head. Backed off to 5 today and will see how that is. 6 was decent, but not perfect. After lunch will tell. It may very well have to do with fat oxidation. And I would gladly eliminate the after lunch espresso in favor of the other good effects.

Incidentally, after I backed off 8 drops, some of the most notable improvements have also decreased. In particular joint mobility. At 8 I felt loose and nimble. Still do. But less so.

Constatine

And there also enough vitamin E inside to neutralize tens of grams of PUFA. The amount of PUFA in Gonadin is similar to your typical vitamin A supplement, but the vitamin E should block whatever residual effects even that small amount has. I never experienced breathlessness from any supplement. Gonadin makes me a bit drowsy/dizzy in higher doses but that disappeared too. I think the steroid and other metabolism boosting supplements need to be used carefully. Higher doses aspirin or caffeine can sometimes give me breathlessness, which is usually due to lactate. Maybe people are overtraining/hyperventilating??
How long did it take for the light headed feeling to disappear?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
How long did it take for the light headed feeling to disappear?

I only got it a few times when I took it on empty stomach. Now I take it with food but tried empty stomach a few more times and it did not happen. So, maybe it was something else for me. I had eaten a lot of spicy food around the time I got the spaced out feeling, so it could have been that.

Pointless

I only got it a few times when I took it on empty stomach. Now I take it with food but tried empty stomach a few more times and it did not happen. So, maybe it was something else for me. I had eaten a lot of spicy food around the time I got the spaced out feeling, so it could have been that.

It sounds like an adaptation.

Drareg

And there also enough vitamin E inside to neutralize tens of grams of PUFA. The amount of PUFA in Gonadin is similar to your typical vitamin A supplement, but the vitamin E should block whatever residual effects even that small amount has. I never experienced breathlessness from any supplement. Gonadin makes me a bit drowsy/dizzy in higher doses but that disappeared too. I think the steroid and other metabolism boosting supplements need to be used carefully. Higher doses aspirin or caffeine can sometimes give me breathlessness, which is usually due to lactate. Maybe people are overtraining/hyperventilating??

What's your take on high dose aspirin and caffeine increasing lactate?

allblues

I tried 4 drops with dinner last night, with the main noticable effect being a very stimulated, hyped, half-anxious feeling.
I had bouts of panic attacks a few years ago so i guess i'm prone to anxiety, and 4 drops were almost too much to handle.
Tried 2 drops with breakfast today and even that was too much for comfort.

I'll have to revisit the supplement some other time i think, maybe a single drop on a weekend.
Anyway - for those of you who are or have been on the anxious side, just a word of caution.

Other than that, i find it tastes like salmon.

Wagner83

A few random guesses..
This may make no sense but I know someone who had digestive issues from coffee (out of nowhere) , also you said yourself ingesting the amount of olive oil needed to achieve 100 mg of squalene gave you digestive issues. So perhaps too much coffee , aspirin, squalene/olive oil are simply irritating and give GERD like issues when breathing? Wasn't there also this thread on androsterone and androgens/thyroid stimulating bile acids ?
People have reported inhibiting NO too much (e.g. with niacinamide) led to less inflated erections so perhaps it could be an other issue, however I'm not sure if muscles would be pumped.

Btw I'm not convinced (either positively or negatively) that big pumps and pumped muscles are positive . I know a lot of bodybuilders pound the NO boosting supplements to get their short lived better looking muscles. Discussion going on over there Nitric Oxide (N.O.), Energy, Fat Pumps, And Longevity

A.R

I tried 4 drops with dinner last night, with the main noticable effect being a very stimulated, hyped, half-anxious feeling.
I had bouts of panic attacks a few years ago so i guess i'm prone to anxiety, and 4 drops were almost too much to handle.

I'll have to revisit the supplement some other time i think, maybe a single drop on a weekend.
Anyway - for those of you who are or have been on the anxious side, just a word of caution.

Did you see any effects on water retention or body composition?

allblues

No, i can't say i did. My beard was itching a bit more than it usually does. Other than that, just the hyped anxiety.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
What's your take on high dose aspirin and caffeine increasing lactate?

Aspirin increases both glycolysis and respiration. So, the increase in lactate is expected. Caffeine can trigger a stress response and elevated FFA if taken in high enough doses so that effect is also not surprising. There are quite a few human studies on PubMed showing higher lactate in caffeine-loaded groups but the effect depended on the dose.

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
A few random guesses..
This may make no sense but I know someone who had digestive issues from coffee (out of nowhere) , also you said yourself ingesting the amount of olive oil needed to achieve 100 mg of squalene gave you digestive issues. So perhaps too much coffee , aspirin, squalene/olive oil are simply irritating and give GERD like issues when breathing? Wasn't there also this thread on androsterone and androgens/thyroid stimulating bile acids ?
People have reported inhibiting NO too much (e.g. with niacinamide) led to less inflated erections so perhaps it could be an other issue, however I'm not sure if muscles would be pumped.

Btw I'm not convinced (either positively or negatively) that big pumps and pumped muscles are positive . I know a lot of bodybuilders pound the NO boosting supplements to get their short lived better looking muscles. Discussion going on over there Nitric Oxide (N.O.), Energy, Fat Pumps, And Longevity

All of these are possibilities. The effects on muscles seemed very androgenic for me, not due to high NO as that would have also increased vascularity and induced vasodilation (which did not happen to me). I got the same effects from 11-keto DHT and small doses DHEA. The gut irritation is definitely a prime cause and tocopherol has been noted to do the same in the past by forum users, so the combination of both is probably synergistic for people prone to irritation from fatty substances.

Drareg

Aspirin in creases both glycolysis and respiration. So, the increase in lactate is expected. Caffeine can trigger a stress response and elevated FFA if taken in high enough doses so that effect is also not surprising. There are quite a few human studies on PubMed showing higher lactate in caffeine-loaded groups but the effect depended on the dose.

Peat spoke about caffeine to davefoster in a recent email response pointing that out.

Thiamine or methylene blue for the lactate then should give breathing relief if it's the underlying cause of hyperventilation in this case.

Orion

4 drops with breakfast; cold hands and feet all day so far. This usually forecasts a restless night.

Will test 2 drops tomorrow. Seems potent in using up glucose.

managing

4 drops with breakfast; cold hands and feet all day so far. This usually forecasts a restless night.

Will test 2 drops tomorrow. Seems potent in using up glucose.
5 drops or less and I've felt colder than usual. I did not feel that way on 6 or 8. But it wasn't a bad cold. Low carb induced cold comes with lethargy. I didn't feel lethargic. Quite the opposite: calm energy.

managing

Okay, so, 5 drops this am. NO espresso after lunch . . . . heart rate went higher (114) but briefer (20 minutes). Any interpretation? What is going on when I eat lunch?

TubZy

Have any of you ppl that are experiencing sides like cold hands, dizziness etc. tried taking the gonadin at the same time as your T3 dose or with a thyroid surrogate (caffeine, aspirin or K2/MB?)

Gonadin is pretty strong, may need extra thyroid support to handle the response or drop in cortisol. Otherwise, you will feel worse. This pretty much happens to me with any other supplement I use (DHEA for example, which greatly antagonizes cortisol), which I was blaming on low cortisol but it was actually my thyroid still being suppressed and not being able to handle any strong drop in stress hormones.

I confirmed this with blood tests. So a guess good news and bad news. My thyroid is still ****88 up or down-regulated for some reason but I now can handle taking DHEA, progesterone and pretty much any other steroid/supplement (that antagonizes cortisol/estrogen) with its benefits that was giving me low E/cortisol by taking a caffeine pill and aspirin tablet with it at the same time.

Last edited:

Tarmander

I'm a bit interested in this for the joint aspect of it. Does anyone have the sore heels in the morning and can comment on whether gonadin helps at all?

managing

Peat spoke about caffeine to davefoster in a recent email response pointing that out.

Thiamine or methylene blue for the lactate then should give breathing relief if it's the underlying cause of hyperventilation in this case.
Just took 50ml Thiamine. Will also take with lunch tomorrow. Any suggestion on dose?

managing

So, my rat took 100ml of thiamine this morning, 4 drops of gonadin. And then I decided to put a tiny drop* of androsterone on him. I must say, he feels absolutely amazing at the moment. Calm, focused, happy, muscles (which he worked out this am) are granite. We will see how he does with lunch. Pulse is currently 72.

*tiny drop: I let the dropper tip bead up just a little and then touched it to rat's tiny little forearm. The bead on the forearm was about 2-3 mm wide. Very unscientifically I estimate this to be about 1/3 of a drop.

Drareg

So, my rat took 100ml of thiamine this morning, 4 drops of gonadin. And then I decided to put a tiny drop* of androsterone on him. I must say, he feels absolutely amazing at the moment. Calm, focused, happy, muscles (which he worked out this am) are granite. We will see how he does with lunch. Pulse is currently 72.

*tiny drop: I let the dropper tip bead up just a little and then touched it to rat's tiny little forearm. The bead on the forearm was about 2-3 mm wide. Very unscientifically I estimate this to be about 1/3 of a drop.

Intersting result,it's still probably wise to acknowledge less being more unless you have some severe underlying issues.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals