OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Trimetazidine maybe?

Nope, like I said, not related to Mildronate. Trimetazidine was under consideration as a separate supplement but FDA has given indication that it will treat it as prescription drug due to its status as a banned drug by WADA.

TubZy

Wow you ARE a total homo-sapien!!

I just submitted my order for a case of 20. Why so many? I have been orderring in bulk for when the corrupt feds come for my authentic meds.

Question: Are you still using selsun blue for selenium on the scalp?

yes, papi

thyrulian

Nope, like I said, not related to Mildronate. Trimetazidine was under consideration as a separate supplement but FDA has given indication that it will treat it as prescription drug due to its status as a banned drug by WADA.
Oh yeah, they're both beta oxidation inhibitors. Brain fart.

And Trimetazidine's a dopamine antagonist anyway unfortunately.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Oh yeah, they're both beta oxidation inhibitors. Brain fart.

And Trimetazidine's a dopamine antagonist anyway unfortunately.

Yes, the Parkinsonism it induces was another reason I decided to not release it. And now we know that niacinamide is also a fatty acid oxidation inhibitor just like Mildronate in reasonable human doses (<1g daily). So, there is really no reason to go with something more obscure and less tested. Hard to beat niacinamide in terms of safety.

Brooks Esq.

I have a question, does Idealabs sell anything that raises DHT? I know they used to sell 11-keto DHT but I don't know if they still. Is there anything else they sell which raises DHT?

Brooks Esq.

Thank you

mirc12354

If I understand it correctly this product is useful even for those of us with low cholesterol?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
If I understand it correctly this product is useful even for those of us with low cholesterol?

That I don't know. The study with geranylgeraniol and phytol only looked at the effects on stimulating StAR and cAMP, but raw material like cholesterol was needed. So, low cholesterol levels may be in impediment. That is why I added squalene as it is known to convert into cholesterol and other steroids in humans. So, the way I look at it - phytol is the spark and squalene is the fuel, but there may be additional pathways we don't know about. I would still try to raise cholsterol levels though if they are low. Sugar and coconut oil seem to be the best methods.

skycop00

Yes, it increased my T levels by about 30%.
30% is pretty hefty for sure. I am trying to think of how it can be used to help those on TRT...or maybe to transition off TRT (if they so desire). Would it continue to raise T levels for those on TRT in your opinion?

acrylic

@haidut

Thoughts on this?

“Adult male and female inbred C57BL/6J mice were split into three groups (six/group) and given supplemented diets for 19 days. One group was supplemented with 0.5% phytol to study liver toxicity and animal mortality. The phytol-fed mice ingested approximately 250 mg/kg (10 mg/kg body weight/day). Control-fed female and male mice consumed food and gained weight at a similar rate, only females on the phytol diet lost weight (after 10 days). The weight loss was preferentially in fat tissue versus lean muscle. Phytol-fed male mice showed gross enlargement of the liver as indicated by a 27% increase in liver weight over male mice fed control food. Livers appeared normal based on gross examination. Phytol-fed females showed gross morphological changes in the liver when compared to control-fed females. Livers were consistently pale and friable, with a generalized mottled appearance. Histopathology revealed lesions, random hepatic cord disruption, and small multifocal areas of hepatocytes necrosis with early inflammatory cell infiltration of neutrophils and lymphocytes present in phytol-fed females (Atshaves et al., 2004).”

From: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0278691509005286

managing

Pansterone may also raise DHT in tissues and maybe even in serum if applied to the scrotum.
Will the aldosterone and potassium channel inhibition be decreased (or increased) if applied to scrotum? Specifically referencing Pansterone (and/or Androsterone and/or Gonadin) here.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut

Thoughts on this?

“Adult male and female inbred C57BL/6J mice were split into three groups (six/group) and given supplemented diets for 19 days. One group was supplemented with 0.5% phytol to study liver toxicity and animal mortality. The phytol-fed mice ingested approximately 250 mg/kg (10 mg/kg body weight/day). Control-fed female and male mice consumed food and gained weight at a similar rate, only females on the phytol diet lost weight (after 10 days). The weight loss was preferentially in fat tissue versus lean muscle. Phytol-fed male mice showed gross enlargement of the liver as indicated by a 27% increase in liver weight over male mice fed control food. Livers appeared normal based on gross examination. Phytol-fed females showed gross morphological changes in the liver when compared to control-fed females. Livers were consistently pale and friable, with a generalized mottled appearance. Histopathology revealed lesions, random hepatic cord disruption, and small multifocal areas of hepatocytes necrosis with early inflammatory cell infiltration of neutrophils and lymphocytes present in phytol-fed females (Atshaves et al., 2004).”

From: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0278691509005286

The 250mg/kg mouse dose corresponds to about 1g - 1.5g daily dose for a human. That's pretty high. As an unsaturated compound it an cause liver enlargement in those doses. The dose in Gonadin is an order or magnitude lower and it also has vitamin E to protect from any potential toxic effects of the unsaturation. The study used 30uM, which roughly corresponds to 100mg dose in humans. Same for squalene. I do not recommend abusing this and gobbling it up like candy. Vitamin A can have very similar toxicities when abused.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Will the aldosterone and potassium channel inhibition be decreased (or increased) if applied to scrotum? Specifically referencing Pansterone (and/or Androsterone and/or Gonadin) here.

If you have a question about Pansterone then please ask it in that thread. I don't see anything about squalene and phytol that would imply such effects for Gonadin.

managing

The 250mg/kg mouse dose corresponds to about 1g - 1.5g daily dose for a human. That's pretty high. As an unsaturated compound it an cause liver enlargement in those doses. The dose in Gonadin is an order or magnitude lower and it also has vitamin E to protect from any potential toxic effects of the unsaturation. The study used 30uM, which roughly corresponds to 100mg dose in humans. Same for squalene. I do not recommend abusing this and gobbling it up like candy. Vitamin A can have very similar toxicities when abused.
Wouldn't the oral vs transdermal route also make a big difference?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Wouldn't the oral vs transdermal route also make a big difference?

Yes it can, as with topical it may have lower overall toxicity by avoiding the liver.