Goat’s Milk Intake Prevents Obesity, Hepatic Steatosis and Insulin Resistance in Mice Fed A High-Fat Diet

Dr. B

Hi Jennifer, I'm not sure it's lactose as I still have problems when I drink lactose free cows milk which made me think it was an A1 problem which goat's milk would fix.

Weirdly I seem to digest raw cows milk ok but I gain weight on it.
I'm wondering if there's something that gets lost in the pasteurisation process that causes the problem
It could be anything it could be the added vitamins A and D and the added fillers they include which don’t have to be listed on the label. Because they can just list it as vitamin A and D added. The sourcing or ingredients of those vitamins dont have to be listed.
Then there is the A1 risk which should resolve with A2 milk.
Possibly ultra pasteurization risks? Im not sure.
It could be casein in general its harder to digest than whey or meat proteins.
It could be if you have an allergy to soy or wheat etc and the milk isnt 100% grass fed
Or it could be homogenization related..

Spartan300

I had another thought... I switched to skimmed goat's milk rather than semi-skimmed around week ago which seems to coincide with the decline in digestibility.

I'm going to switch back and see what happens.
Maybe the fat content or something in it is the reason I also digest whole cows milk better.

I'll report back

Peatress

I don't know where you live so if it's available to you, but I used to get lactase drops which are also free of fillers.
I had to add a certain amount of drops to the bottle of milk and leave it for 24hours so it could break down the lactose.
The brand is called Intoleran.
Thank you. It doesn't look like this brand is sold here in the UK. I've ordered the liquid brand posted by Jennifer.

Jennifer

Good to know. Thats strange. So the allergy test for birc tree is specifically to its pollen not to for example the leaves or bark…? Does everyone have a pollen allergy or what causes that?

I have not had issues with any of those things besides possibly celery. Celery i think if i eat too much I get some skin irritation and redness? Howeber i dont think its an allergy? On reddit or elsewhere there was a thread discussing how celery supposedly has photo sensitizing effects so it makes you super sensitive to sunlight? Like someone who worked in the produce department often handling celery would become super sensitive to sunlight on their hands an the skin was red. I had the same thing just a reddish rash or sunburn that would develop from sunlight if i ate celery. Also iodine supplements caused a similar effect of extra sensitivity to sunlight.

With lactase enzyme supplements werent the concerns related to the sourcing itself? I heard the enzymes are sourced from problematic sources… and can you just put those drops in your mouth while drinking milk or they have to be mixed into the milk first…

Yes, from my understanding, a birch tree allergy is an allergy to its pollen and no, not every person has a pollen allergy. Plenty of people don’t have allergies of any kind.

Interesting. I experience red, burning hands when juicing fruits I’m allergic to, but not celery.

As with any supplement, I do think some people can be sensitive to lactase supplements even when they are free of fillers. I’ve never had problems digesting lactose so I have no experience with taking a lactase supplement, but do know people who do and they take it right before having a meal containing dairy.

Dr. B

Yes, from my understanding, a birch tree allergy is an allergy to its pollen and no, not every person has a pollen allergy. Plenty of people don’t have allergies of any kind.

Interesting. I experience red, burning hands when juicing fruits I’m allergic to, but not celery.

As with any supplement, I do think some people can be sensitive to lactase supplements even when they are free of fillers. I’ve never had problems digesting lactose so I have no experience with taking a lactase supplement, but do know people who do and they take it right before having a meal containing dairy.
Maybe calcium or other factors in milk help digest lactose maybe the milkfar itself?

What do you think causes pollen allergies specifically then? They seem the most common

Jennifer

Maybe calcium or other factors in milk help digest lactose maybe the milkfar itself?

What do you think causes pollen allergies specifically then? They seem the most common

Maybe, but if that were the case, I would think there would be less people with a dairy intolerance. Some claim that bacteria in milk produce lactase, but it’s only attributed to raw milk and I know of people who are also intolerant to raw dairy. I think the main thing is having a healthy small intestine where lactase is produced.

I really don’t know, but I would think anything that compromises the immune system is involved like stress. Stress in the womb, stress in the environment, even stress we induce with our own thoughts and what we choose to focus our attention on.

Spartan300

I had another thought... I switched to skimmed goat's milk rather than semi-skimmed around week ago which seems to coincide with the decline in digestibility.

I'm going to switch back and see what happens.
Maybe the fat content or something in it is the reason I also digest whole cows milk better.

I'll report back
Well it seems that even semi skimmed goat's milk makes me gassy which is a shame.

I may retry raw cows milk and see what happens. I'm just a bit wary of the additional calories

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals