goats dairy vs. cow dairy

Dutchie

So,this morning i had a banana smoothie at a cafe with fullfat cow yoghurt amd this evening i had some goat creamcheese with a dish. I feel more warm and seem to notice that lately. So,i googled and found that goat dairy is similar to mothersmilk and contain more McT....so that makes me wonder if despite the higher fatcontents in all goatdairy products , it migth actually not store that quickly as fat than cowdairy bc it gets more metabollically used immediately by the body?
Andif true that would mean,if you still want coedairy,you can actually better ocpt for lowfat versions?

gretchen

Goat dairy is kind of funky tasting. That's all I can really offer- I've had doubts about dairy in general for years and am not sure if any type works for me.

Asimov

I buy goats milk from the grocery store. 0 funky taste. I ran this by my GF who drinks whole fat cows milk, and she said "meh, tastes like milk".

I've had way better luck with goats milk than cows milk. So have most other people who make the change. My brother couldn't tolerate formula or cows milk as a baby, but goats milk worked just fine for him.

Jenn

Goat milk is more delicate than cow milk. Some breeds taste different than others as well. Goats fed like cows don't have the same flavor profile as goats fed browse. Honeysuckle milk taste sugar sweet and creamy. ;)

I have a friend who can't drink goat milk, gives him heartburn, but he can handle cow milk just fine.

J

j.

Once I tried goat milk. I don't know what they fed the goat, but it made my digestion extremely slow, to the point that I couldn't eat more than 1500 calories a day. My digestion returned to normal in like 5 or 6 days.

andvanwyk

Ray Peat suggested to me to try goat milk since I was reacting badly to cow milk. I started drinking goat milk in January of this year - one and off for the first few months. Since March I've been drinking about 2 cups to 1 liter a day on average of goat milk. In that time I've put on about 10kg of weight (some of it muscle, quite a bit of it fat). I drink a lot of goat milk + cacao + banana + honey + coconut oil smoothies.

Much of my health has improved from the goat milk but I have had the weight gain. Many say I look fitter (I am now about 75kg+- instead of 65kg+-). Hard to know what "optimal weight" is. I am certainly more stable etc emotionally and more productive it seems (but there are other factors at play here too). Josh Rubin has quite a high bodyfat content it looks like from his vids but he says his labs and temps are good and he feels good.

Goat milk contains all A2 beta-casein, which is apparently more tolerable than the A1 in most cow's milk. Also, it's naturally homogenised, so the fat particles are smaller and easier for some to process as well. I don't know much about the fat profile but I hear it's rich in short chain fatty acids which are easily assimilated without bile. I personally tolerate goat dairy far better than cow dairy. It kind of sucks that it seems impossible to get lower fat varieties of goat milk, however. I expect to put on some pounds from relying on it as a source of calcium, protein, and carbs... I'm wondering if the PUFA conteent might be an issue, especially since the goats' feed might be less than ideal. In tje wintry waste I inhabit, grass fed milk is incredibly scarce.

OP
D

Dutchie

Dont know how to do it or if its even possible,but cant you cook and then skim the milk somehow?
Ive read also that goatdairy is high in SCFA which are easily absorbed and used by the body so wont store so easy on numerous sites.....so that kind. of contradicts your experience.
I dont know where you live but over here goats have a more natural diet than most cows,bc they get to be outside a lot.

Back
Top Bottom