GMO Mosquitos Released in Florida

LucyL

Amazing article about the GE mosquitos in Brazil..."Tretracycline Dependent?" WTF? Are they going to be able to sniff out people who take tetracycline antibiotics? What is this going to do to antibiotic resistance in humans and animals?

As to the second box, if all the insects are GMO, and therefore like the crops belong to a corporation, how soon til we are forbidden from having bug zappers in our backyards?

1620135961631.png

1620135983437.png

OP
L

Lollipop2

Amazing article about the GE mosquitos in Brazil..."Tretracycline Dependent?" WTF? Are they going to be able to sniff out people who take tetracycline antibiotics? What is this going to do to antibiotic resistance in humans and animals?

As to the second box, if all the insects are GMO, and therefore like the crops belong to a corporation, how soon til we are forbidden from having bug zappers in our backyards?

View attachment 23252

View attachment 23253
Grrrrgh...man was I a bit naive before 2020. I knew the world contained bad players but I never understood just how far down the rabbit hole we actually were. How to come back from this? Sue to get it stopped? I would but don’t have the resources.

What to do?

achillea

How is this a good idea in anyone’s, however greedy, mind?

I have heard that some interested people are going to capture some of these bioweapons and release them near Billy Goats house in Washington. What a perfect plan. Use their own poison to poison them.
Bye bye Billy

OP
L

Lollipop2

I have heard that some interested people are going to capture some of these bioweapons and release them near Billy Goats house in Washington. What a perfect plan. Use their own poison to poison them.
Bye bye Billy
Interesting. But as he and Melinda are getting a divorce who knows where he will actually be located.

Birdie

@Regina Didn’t you post something about the fish dying in Florida? Could this be related?
I think the thousands of Koi died first. I was thinking water supply.

Birdie

Aren't these sterile mosquitoes and the idea is to reduce the mosquito population this way? At first glance it didn't look good but after asking around I'm not so sure.

Birdie

A comment on OPs article:

Jarroda day ago
This fertility disrupting “genetic extinction technology”, touted by Gates and other eugenicists, which causes female offspring to die in the larval stage, reminds me of something....
Given the widely reported fertility issues associated with the Covid injections, I do not think it is unreasonable or alarmist for us to at least question whether or not we may be seeing a similar strategy employed with the Covid injections.

OP
L

Lollipop2

A comment on OPs article:

Jarroda day ago
This fertility disrupting “genetic extinction technology”, touted by Gates and other eugenicists, which causes female offspring to die in the larval stage, reminds me of something....
Given the widely reported fertility issues associated with the Covid injections, I do not think it is unreasonable or alarmist for us to at least question whether or not we may be seeing a similar strategy employed with the Covid injections.
Yikes. Strong post.

biffbelvin

I don't understand what the big deal is here. They're releasing Male mosquito's (which do not bite) that will mate with Female mosquitos already in the wild. If they successfully pass on their genes, they will create Larvae that will die before maturing as they won't be admistered with tetracycline in the wild.

This looks like a novel way of curbing mosquito populations and reducing incidence of Malaria (which causes hundreds of thousands of deaths a year).

Can people explain why they feel this is a bad thing?

LucyL

I don't understand what the big deal is here. They're releasing Male mosquito's (which do not bite) that will mate with Female mosquitos already in the wild. If they successfully pass on their genes, they will create Larvae that will die before maturing as they won't be admistered with tetracycline in the wild.

This looks like a novel way of curbing mosquito populations and reducing incidence of Malaria (which causes hundreds of thousands of deaths a year).

Well, for starters, how do you know they won't be administered with tetracycline in the wild? Are we not constantly told that all our rivers and streams are teaming with drugs and drug residues? Did they test those waters that the mosquitoes will be born in to see if they were deficient enough of tetracycline?

Giraffe

It's impossible to predict what will happen in the wild once genetically modified organisms are released, and there is no way to undo the release. There has been a trial on Cayman Islands that was a failure. They found that the number of female adult mosquitos was actually increased after the trials started.

Oxitec’s Genetically Modified Mosquitoes: Failing in the field?

Last edited:

Giraffe

Another report from Cayman Islands:

Oxitec packs up but evaluation not complete

There were a number of concerns about the potential side effects on the environment and on people, in particular the fact that, although the insects released were supposed to be almost all male, they actually included a higher than expected number of genetically modified female mosquitoes, which can still bite.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals