Glyphosate Found In All 5 Major Orange Juice Brands

Cirion

Ughhhh, no wonder I feel so bad after drinking the Tropicana OJ they sell at my workplace. Disgusting!

What is the safest brand of OJ you can get (other than the bottom of the list there)? Is there any OJ brand that has zero glyphosate?

somuch4food

I have stopped worrying about chemicals in the food chain. They are everywhere anyway.

I strive to get the best quality food I can for my budget and focus on getting good nutrition even if they are tainted. Much better for my mental sanity too.

I am going on the offense by upping my metabolism instead of playing defense by avoiding all the bad stuff around us.

Cirion

I have stopped worrying about chemicals in the food chain. They are everywhere anyway.

I strive to get the best quality food I can for my budget and focus on getting good nutrition even if they are tainted. Much better for my mental sanity too.

I am going on the offense by upping my metabolism instead of playing defense by avoiding all the bad stuff around us.

Unfortunately while you can try to ignore the impact of these foods, they will impact you regardless. I can understand why you'd want to not worry about it because of the hassle, but I continued to be unwell while I got lazy with food choices. The fact is, food choices matter, way more than I initially thought. A high metabolism can not be achieved while continuing to eat tainted food, so trying to get a good metabolism first simply does not work in my experience at least. The problem is that some poisons like Glyphosate are not safe in ANY dosage, let alone the high dosages seen in some brands like Tropicana. Not perhaps without a slew of pharmaceutical grade supplementation, which in the end is even more hassle to worry about anyway IMO. Sorry if that comes across as insensitive, I'm just trying to save you the pain I've been going through over the years by not taking the plunge into "real" foods. Regardless, if your approach works then that's great!

All that said, if you do have a good metabolism, you do have some resistance to poisons in your system, but it's still not a great idea and one day it's going to get you. It may not be today, it may not be tomorrow, it may not even be in 10 years, but one day it will cause cancer/CFS/hashimoto's/etc. It's why so many Americans/civilized countries don't connect the dots that their food is slowly poisoning them, and if we all realized, we could all sue just about every major food company out there. As I'm learning from Nate Hatch, cancer does not simply "just happen", nor does it happen to someone who is healthy. It happens after years of built up abuse/stress.

Last edited:

somuch4food

@Cirion I appreciate your concerns, but everything around us seem to have a potential bad impact on us. While focusing on the bad, it can seem as if there is no escaping the world we live in.

I have seen news that organic products might have glyphosate, even that glyphosate can be used as a desiccant on organic crops... Organic produce can also be full of natural pesticides that might not do us much good. Unless you buy directly from the farmer or grow food yourself, anything could be.

There is also no point in choosing only quality foods and wounding up hungry. That would still leave me with metabolic problems.

Cirion

The way I see it, there is no excuse not to make positive changes where you can and it is obvious - for example, if anyone after seeing the above article willfully gets Tropicana OJ, that is a derelict of health duty. One could say OK, I can't get organic OJ, but at least I can get Kirkland which I know that has only 20% the glyphosate of Tropicana, allright, that's fair enough I suppose.

Make changes where you can and are informed, and accept that despite doing all that there can and probably will be foods that have poisoned you don't know about it. You can't get rid of them all, but you can sure get rid of most of them. You're certainly right, there are LOTS of issues besides glyphosate. Basically anything that's not food is a concern (food coloring, silica, BPA, bromine, etc etc etc...) We can't necessarily be sure which are the worst offenders, so the easiest thing to do rather than get OCD about any one particular one is just avoid as much as you can of anything that's not food.

Be careful with sulfur. I tried a tiny dose of it one time and got enormous brain fog afterwards. I don't think I'll be trying it again.

Studies have shown that only 0.1 ppm (100ppb) of glyphosate destroys beneficial gut bacteria, weakening the immune system, which can lead to a wide variety of health and neurological issues.

lol they use unchelated glyphosate in vitro on bacteria, of course it harmful. not real world scenario people.

Effect of Glyphosate on Different Bacteria
The minimal inhibitory concentration (MIC) of Roundup
UltraMax was determined in triplicate in a 24-well
microtiter plate. 100 ll of tested bacteria (105 cfu/ml) was
added to 900 ll broth media containing different concentrations of glyphosate (5.0, 2.40, 1.20, 0.60, 0.30, 0.15 and
0.075 mg/ml). Plates containing diluted glyphosate and
bacteria were incubated at 37 C (Table 1). Bacterial
growth was evaluated on suitable agar medium. Culture
condition for each bacterium is shown in Table 1. The MIC
value was evaluated by quantitative analysis of bacteria on
agar plate. The morphology of bacteria was examined
microscopically.

no worries, in OJ its probably chelated to minerals and inactivated.

:clapping::hearteyes:

lampofred

Holy ***t. I have spent years just guzzling Tropicana and have always felt worse after drinking too much of it and have steadily developed increasing fatigue/worsening concentration over time. I thought it was too much liquid/lack of salt making me feel bad, but I didn't realize I was drinking ******* pesticides. WTF.

KennethKaniff

Holy ***t. I have spent years just guzzling Tropicana and have always felt worse after drinking too much of it and have steadily developed increasing fatigue/worsening concentration over time. I thought it was too much liquid/lack of salt making me feel bad, but I didn't realize I was drinking ******* pesticides. WTF.

Why the **** have you been drinking Tropicana? Why is anyone on this board not drinking an organic brand that doesn’t use flavor packs or glyphosate? This link needs to be shared more on the forum: Orange juices with/without flavor packs and pulp-dissolving enzymes - Toxinless

Amazoniac

Out of curiosity:
Cancer and Wisdom of the Body: New Medicine Diet (Gershom Zajicek's website)

"Industrialization poses a new threat to our health, like chemical fertilizers, antibiotics, and gene manipulated food. We rush to protect ourselves with organic food which may not be so wise. Since industrialization cannot be reversed, we might as well train our WOB to live with these poisons in harmony. Chemical and gene manipulated food is an experience which should not be avoided."​

..I think he confounded sativa with indica when buying material for his research.

lampofred

Tropicana topped the orange juice list at 26 ppb, but whole milk is 181 ppb. And these numbers are a lot lower than for things like bread. Across the board, American food seems to literally be poisoned.

KennethKaniff

Tropicana topped the orange juice list at 26 ppb, but whole milk is 181 ppb. And these numbers are a lot lower than for things like bread. Across the board, American food seems to literally be poisoned.

Interesting. Did they test organic milk?

KennethKaniff