Glyphosate Found In All 5 Major Orange Juice Brands

lampofred

Gosh, it's so pervasive. Since glyphosate is banned in organic produce, is it assumed to be safe? Or does it still end up in the food somehow?

No clue. It's probably better than conventional food, but I'd bet even organic food is highly polluted compared to what was available a few centuries ago.

Also hope this thread title doesn't make people stop drinking OJ in favor of regular food because the amount in OJ is much much less than even in stuff like water.

somuch4food

What made you mention that in this context? i have some flowers of sulphur somewhere, can't remember when I last used it though! Worth making a regular supplement?

Something I read when researching glyphosate and Stephanie Seneff. I am not referring to a supplement though. Dietary sources (onions, garlic) are much safer. When combined with sun exposure you get cholesterol sulfate which is a protective compound.

Be careful with sulfur. I tried a tiny dose of it one time and got enormous brain fog afterwards. I don't think I'll be trying it again

Good point although I meant dietary sulfur sources.

Cirion

Ok yeah agreed. Nate told me the same thing. He likes onion powder.

Btw, found this gem from “Food babe”. She is a good source as to what foods are Ok.

Don't Fall Victim To These Tricky Juice Labels

Inspired by this discussion, I decided to go on a hunt for "organic" OJ. I found some at wal-mart, and wow, it tastes better and feels better. The other OJ I was eating felt, I dunno, very "acidic" is the word I would describe, kind of "rough". This OJ feels, more "pure" I guess. I could still do better (it's still pasteurized I believe), eventually I'll go on the hunt for Cold-pressed fresh OJ, hardly any place sells that here though.

I drink a good amount of OJ so I definitely like it to be as high quality as possible.

Attachments

• 80A74EFB-566A-4C4B-BB1F-52DE649AF94A.jpeg
    80A74EFB-566A-4C4B-BB1F-52DE649AF94A.jpeg
    59.1 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Cirion

No clue. It's probably better than conventional food, but I'd bet even organic food is highly polluted compared to what was available a few centuries ago.

Also hope this thread title doesn't make people stop drinking OJ in favor of regular food because the amount in OJ is much much less than even in stuff like water.

I think the stuff is probably in our soil now, so even "Organic" is likely to have traces of glyphosate and who knows what else (Bromine, other problematic compounds) but at least it will be less than conventional.

As for water, I now plan to drink only Distilled or reverse osmosis filtered water. I bought 6 gallons of distilled water at wal-mart today for use both in cooking / brewing coffee as well as drinking.

OP
T

Trina

Roundup is in more than just our orange juice. American farmers spray Roundup on wheat, oats, potatoes, sweet potatoes, sugar cane and citrus fruits to speed up the harvesting time (desiccation). Organic products are NOT supposed to be harvested/treated with Roundup or other toxic chemicals.

Dave Clark

With so many other things to think about, sometimes organic gets overlooked, but yet very necessary in today's world. I believe I have also read that citrus crops are sprayed pretty heavily with pesticides and fungicides, so yeah, if you're going to be drinking tons of OJ, you are also consuming alot of chemicals. This is something you don't hear Ray Peat press the point on very much, he analizes about other harmful things, but doesn't stress organic when he makes suggestions. I know he thinks it's better, but doen't stress seaking it out specifically (not that I have ever read/heard). Any fruit that isn't grown organic is loaded with chemicals, especially if they are a type of fruit that isn't fungus or bug resistant. Years ago when I worked in the wine-growing industry I got to see first hand how many chemicals were sprayed on grapes, now I only drink organic wines. My viewpoint is: why go through all this effort with Peat theories, life extension and life enhancing foods, supplements, etc., and then consume any food, water, or air that is going to poison you in the long run.

somuch4food

My viewpoint is: why go through all this effort with Peat theories, life extension and life enhancing foods, supplements, etc., and then consume any food, water, or air that is going to poison you in the long run.

With that statement, I would have to go live up in a mountain where I grow my food and live sequestered from civilization. I am looking for a balanced life that enables me to do what I want. Food is, but one way to extend life.

Cirion

With that statement, I would have to go live up in a mountain where I grow my food and live sequestered from civilization. I am looking for a balanced life that enables me to do what I want. Food is, but one way to extend life.

Haha, that's not a bad idea actually. Haidut said he knew someone who did that, and it did indeed cure all of his health problems (Moving to the mountains away from civilization that is). As I get healthier, the more I realize stress is well, stressful... at the very least, I plan to move my career to the beach as soon as I can, that should help to a degree.

To be perfectly honest, I often think the Western civilized life is not for me, the more I think about it. Stress just isn't my cup of tea, after being stressed for 3 decades of my life. Ever since I saw the stress that my dad went through in his job, I knew I didn't wanna work 5 decades and then finally retire and I've been vigorous about saving my money to achieve the freedom I want sooner.

Last edited:
My orange juice is better than yours :P
Roundup is in more than just our orange juice. American farmers spray Roundup on wheat, oats, potatoes, sweet potatoes, sugar cane and citrus fruits to speed up the harvesting time (desiccation). Organic products are NOT supposed to be harvested/treated with Roundup or other toxic chemicals.
scary

hmm
The Use of Glyphosate on Pre-harvest Wheat
One of the practices that is highly misunderstood is the application of glyphosate for pre-harvesting wheat. In layman’s terms, this simply means spraying our mature wheat crop with glyphosate before it’s ready to be harvested. Though glyphosate is not a true desiccant (a desiccant is applied for rapid dry down & early harvest), it is generally used for weed control and can aid in dry down of crops, but the effects take much longer. This is done with care, precise timing, it is backed by science and it is regulated and monitored.

It’s important to understand that we don’t just spray herbicides recklessly and certainly not needlessly. We aren’t going to spend money on expensive herbicides if we don’t need to; just think about that for a moment. As a business, which our farm is, we want to make a profit and not lose it. We see the accusation constantly that our crops are “drenched” and “doused” in glyphosate. I assure you, they are not.

Read more The Truth About Glyphosate and Wheat - Nurse Loves Farmer

Cirion

The problem is that Glyphosate is not safe in ANY amounts, small or otherwise, same with radiation and many other toxic substances.

Luckily, we can mitigate some of these effects with glycine/gelatin so I definitely am going to make sure I have at least some gelatin every day now.

Logan-

It's simple game theory. If the farmers use glyphosate or other unhealthy pesticides-herbicides etc., they earn more money and they will be at the top of the competition (or at least they will not be crushed by the others or by nature). In this model, almost everyone will use these things.

People have to find producers who don't use these things, and pay them more. Organic certified produce (or, if not certified, then producing your own or buying from trusted producers) is the way to go.

Cirion

Yes, in a (mostly) capitalist society, your wallet is the best way to protest. CAFO farms and inorganic productions continue to exist for precisely the reason you mentioned. Cheap food plus people buy them. Unfortunately, because many people don't have the luxury to be able to afford organic food, the burden falls on those of us who can afford it to buy them to protest "Big Agriculture" and support local farmers and whatnot. Raw milk for example is quite expensive, I had to pay like $20 for 2 gallons of it. But, since I can afford it, I find it a small price to pay to fight back against CAFO dairy. I now consider CAFO milk to be an abomination after what I've learned about it compared to raw milk and can not see how RP can ever support someone having CAFO milk.

Logan-

Without proper and strict government regulations, these issues will only get worse.

Douglas Ek

The question is. Is it worth living a life worrying if the food you eat are tainted. Who cares if you get sick and die a little earlier thats life. A lot of people died in their 40-60s just 150 years ago. What killed them then was disease and what kills us now are toxins. Whats the difference? Id rather go out enjoying a happy life without OCD over toxins everywhere. Everything is toxic to some degree. Even water if you drink enough will kill you. But a little water doesnt and so might be the case regarding all these toxins. We dont actually know. Science has for sure thought us more about what and what not is toxic and bad for us? Otherwise we wouldnt be here on this forum discussing it. Well maybe this and we are a part of that scientific change that makes us go from dying age of 80 to becoming 150 in 10-20 years? Just like science with medicine made us go fron 40 to 80 by realizing if we just clean and treat us then we wont get sick. Its a struggle. Life is a struggle. Its a competition and a game. Look at a djungel just growing with life. Well all the plants, insects and animals are competing against each other thats nature and now were competing with nature aswell. Toxins and global warming might be natures way of controlling a disease sooner or later we are all doomed.

Cirion

That's all fine and well if you're healthy, but since I'm unhealthy, I have no choice but to watch EVERYTHING I do and eat. It's not because I want to, it's because I HAVE to.

I don't necessarily care about dying younger, but I DO care about my quality of life. My quality of life has been miserable almost my entire life, is that any way to live? Not to me. If I don't have quality of life, yeah, I don't want to live a long time. I'm more about QUALITY than QUANTITY... although typically both go hand in hand, like centenarians that live to be over 100 are usually pretty healthy and most people who die young have high stress lifestyles.

I know a few people that are healthy and can eat whatever they want, even processed foods and PUFA's. More power to them, they can enjoy life and not have to be OCD about food intakes like I do. If I make the slightest slip up of food choice, I notice it right away.

When I went on a business trip a month or two ago, and I did just eat "whatever" because they catered most the food, I felt more awful that week than I had in a very long time. Eating whatever you want and feeling absolutely like death is not something I want. I'd gladly take being OCD over food than feeling like death.

It's exactly why people don't care that we are in the dire straits we're in today being fed poisons. As long as no one cares and don't fight back, it'll only get worse.

Last edited:
The problem is that Glyphosate is not safe in ANY amounts, small or otherwise, same with radiation and many other toxic substances.

Luckily, we can mitigate some of these effects with glycine/gelatin so I definitely am going to make sure I have at least some gelatin every day now.
No the problem is, people don't know how to read. And instead jump to their own conclusions and make speculations based on earlier assumptions based on misinformation from not reading. :P

If you have read the article I pushed (in your mobile screen) you would have come to this other article: click -
Is glyphosate, used with some GM crops, dangerously toxic to humans?

..that read could well have given you more peace instead of stress.

Again, this logic is flawed.
You claim that when something is not safe, therefore so toxic to a certain extend that it is disturbingly harmful. Which is incorrect reasoning. :P
And in the mean time giving of stress signals that are more harmful that the substance in question.

Ras

Some people believe that eating organic will preclude the consumption of synthetic chemicals, but that is untrue. Organic crops are still treated with synthetics, but the acceptable substances differ from those allowed on inorganic products.

Orion3821

Chronic low dose glyphosate exposure damages rat livers.

Multiomics reveal non-alcoholic fatty liver disease in rats following chronic exposure to an ultra-low dose of Roundup herbicide

Petri dish studies on individual cells is enough to convince me but their are also indicators of liver injury in the blood and urine of rats administered glyphosate over 2 years. It's like deciding to filter fluoride out of your water. It will be difficult to tell if it really made any difference because most people dont have time to control the variables. But hey if one study I read on the internet says low dose chronic glyphosate exposure damaged rat livers then I'll start buying the organic brand. As well as avoiding it in all my other food.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals