Glyphosate Found In All 5 Major Orange Juice Brands

Cirion

If they are still treating with synthetics, that is grounds for lawsuit. As far as I'm aware, you can only legally mark something Organic if it is not using synthetic compounds. If you meant to say organic products still use pesticides, then yes that's true, but said pesticides can not legally contain synthetic compounds.

Here "organic" can be everything below 5% artificially. It happens organic crops grown to non-organic that sprays can contaminate the next crops.

Chronic low dose glyphosate exposure damages rat livers.

Multiomics reveal non-alcoholic fatty liver disease in rats following chronic exposure to an ultra-low dose of Roundup herbicide

Petri dish studies on individual cells is enough to convince me but their are also indicators of liver injury in the blood and urine of rats administered glyphosate over 2 years. It's like deciding to filter fluoride out of your water. It will be difficult to tell if it really made any difference because most people dont have time to control the variables. But hey if one study I read on the internet says low dose chronic glyphosate exposure damaged rat livers then I'll start buying the organic brand. As well as avoiding it in all my other food.
You better not be trolling with yur first post ?? lol jk welcome!

Glyphosate is rapidly inactivated by its strong chelation properties that is binding to minerals, it is not the major toxin in herbicides to worry about ! - edit

Last edited:
Toxicity of formulants and heavy metals in glyphosate-based herbicides and other pesticides
- linky

Highlights

• The comparative effects of glyphosate alone and 14 of its formulations were studied.

• Glyphosate was not the major toxic compound in the herbicide formulations.

• Petroleum-based compounds in herbicides were highly more toxic than glyphosate.

• We identified arsenic, chromium, cobalt, lead and nickel in pesticide formulations.

somuch4food

I'm wondering why only glyphosate is getting bad press.. Why not straight up go against RoundUp which is the most common one?

There might be some ulterior motives behind all the recent bad press...

Cirion

Fair enough, alot of that other stuff is bad news as well.

And I'll take 5% Glyphosate (and other toxic chemicals) over 100% any day. The body can detox a certain amount given the right nutrients, so it's not completely a death sentence if there's some level of poison in foods, but the problem is when it is over a certain threshold it becomes nigh impossible to fight the losing battle of toxins in vs. toxins out.

I'm wondering why only glyphosate is getting bad press.. Why not straight up go against RoundUp which is the most common one?

There might be some ulterior motives behind all the recent bad press...
that is conspiracy thinking.

Facts and Fallacies in the Debate on Glyphosate Toxicity
The safety profile of the herbicide glyphosate and its commercial formulations is controversial. Reviews have been published by individuals who are consultants and employees of companies commercializing glyphosate-based herbicides in support of glyphosate’s reapproval by regulatory agencies. These authors conclude that glyphosate is safe at levels below regulatory permissible limits. In contrast, reviews conducted by academic scientists independent of industry report toxic effects below regulatory limits, as well as shortcomings of the current regulatory evaluation of risks associated with glyphosate exposures. Two authors in particular (Samsel and Seneff) have published a series of commentaries proposing that long-term exposure to glyphosate is responsible for many chronic diseases (including cancers, diabetes, neuropathies, obesity, asthma, infections, osteoporosis, infertility, and birth defects). The aim of this review is to examine the evidential basis for these claimed negative health effects and the mechanisms that are alleged to be at their basis. We found that these authors inappropriately employ a deductive reasoning approach based on syllogism. We found that their conclusions are not supported by the available scientific evidence. Thus, the mechanisms and vast range of conditions proposed to result from glyphosate toxicity presented by Samsel and Seneff in their commentaries are at best unsubstantiated theories, speculations, or simply incorrect. This misrepresentation of glyphosate’s toxicity misleads the public, the scientific community, and regulators. Although evidence exists that glyphosate-based herbicides are toxic below regulatory set safety limits, the arguments of Samsel and Seneff largely serve to distract rather than to give a rational direction to much needed future research investigating the toxicity of these pesticides, especially at levels of ingestion that are typical for human populations.

For me it comes down to let the toxin filtering be done via the animal and eat them not the plants directly with herbicides.
of course thank Peat for his ultimate wisdom!
Peace out

Cirion

At the end of the day everyone should do what they think is best for themselves given the available information, current state of health, etc.

SOMO

Are plants really that difficult to grow without pesticides?

I've grown an 81 lb Pumpkin before with no pesticides and it was a big strong plant.

It's bizarre how in 2018 Big Agra hasn't figured out how to grow stuff without dangerous chemicals.

InChristAlone

Are plants really that difficult to grow without pesticides?

I've grown an 81 lb Pumpkin before with no pesticides and it was a big strong plant.

It's bizarre how in 2018 Big Agra hasn't figured out how to grow stuff without dangerous chemicals.
The problem is mono crops. When we grow food it is done on acres and acres of land with no diversity. That's just asking for something to wipe it out. But.... It is also because the soil is being depleted of all it's nutrients so they have to add in high nitrogen-phosphorus-potassium fertilizers which further weaken the soil. So you can see how needing tons and tons of chemicals is a cycle and one that is hard to break when farmers are paid so little for what they do.

somuch4food

So you can see how needing tons and tons of chemicals is a cycle and one that is hard to break when farmers are paid so little for what they do.

That's the problem of many industries the ones that do the real work get the smallest slice of the pie.

Dave Clark

For me it comes down to let the toxin filtering be done via the animal and eat them not the plants directly with herbicides.
of course thank Peat for his ultimate wisdom!
Peace out
Interesting, the opponents of that theory (vegans?) say that the toxins get absorbed into the animal and concentrate into the meat, etc. I am not sauing that, but I read it a lot. Even pro-meat people use that argument to recommend eating organic, grass-fed animals.

Interesting, the opponents of that theory (vegans?) say that the toxins get absorbed into the animal and concentrate into the meat, etc. I am not sauing that, but I read it a lot. Even pro-meat people use that argument to recommend eating organic, grass-fed animals.
Most toxins are fat-soluble and to be accumulated in the fat of the animal I believe. Therefore one should eat lean meat low fat products. Add your own organic butter and coconut oil and organic dairy and milk.

Last edited:

Peater Piper

Ughhhh, no wonder I feel so bad after drinking the Tropicana OJ they sell at my workplace. Disgusting!

What is the safest brand of OJ you can get (other than the bottom of the list there)? Is there any OJ brand that has zero glyphosate?
I assume an organic brand should be lower in glyphosate (they should have none, but who knows). Still, any commercial orange juice is probably going to result in various pesticides leaching from the skin into the juice simply due to how it's extracted. At least with a thick skinned fruit like an orange, by removing the peel you can avoid the majority of the contaminants, which means either eating the flesh or juicing your own oranges.

Dave Clark

I assume an organic brand should be lower in glyphosate (they should have none, but who knows). Still, any commercial orange juice is probably going to result in various pesticides leaching from the skin into the juice simply due to how it's extracted. At least with a thick skinned fruit like an orange, by removing the peel you can avoid the majority of the contaminants, which means either eating the flesh or juicing your own oranges.
You're right about the peels, etc. In fact, it is something to bear in mind when purchasing any product that is made from citrus peels. For those that use D-limonene, I would only use organic: https://www.amazon.com/Trinity-NutraLab-d-Limonene-concentration-superior/dp/B07772M6TM