Glycolysis -> Oxidative Phosphorylation Shift Treats Head/neck Cancer (DCA)

aquaman

Bump.

Was listening to the Nitric Oxide Herb Doctors yesterday and Peat talked about DCA and how it has great intravenous effects on cancer.

Had never heard it mentioned before by Ray.

Googling it there are lots of mentions of it and the Warburg effect. One site says that the cancer charities have almost totally ignored doing studies on it!

Looks incredibly promising, and certainly is something I'd start with if I knew someone dealing with Cancer.

@haidut - ever looked into this?

For the more creative of you, it could be done anyway without cancer to improve oxidation to CO2. Unfortunately you'd have to self administer an IV drip that you make up yourself ;)

Here's the quote :

SOUND ENGINEER: And what about DCA or dichloroacetate for cancers?

RAY PEAT: That happens to be very similar to methylene blue in the way it is essentially non-toxic in moderate amounts, people are now getting as much as 10 or 12g of it per day intravenously and feeling great but what it does is restore the productive oxidation of glucose getting the electrons to go all the way from glucose to form carbon dioxide, pretty much what methylene blue is doing in different situations. But the DCA is reversing the cancer metabolism, or the so-called Warburg metabolism, the same way that methylene blue does, so I see it as a very important way of making up for the toxic effects of nitric oxide, endotoxin, free radical, fat oxidation and so on.

aquaman

One more thing mentioned on Home | DCA Watch

The sale of it was restricted in US, canada and Europe, probably from Pharma pressure as it actually works.

Disgusting.

aquaman

Just seen haidit has mentioned DCA in some posts, saying it's effective but toxic. Strange ray doesn't say that. Could it be pharmacy propaganda?

Does anyone have the peat newsletter where he writes about DCA?

Thiamine Acts Similarly To DCA And May Be Helpful In Cancer

The Ability To Metabolize Glucose Is Impaired In CFS/ME Patients

In this one there's an interesting comment from Wilfred about Ray recommending anti cholonergic drugs as well as discussion about DCA:
Cancer Debate May Be Finally Over. And Ray Wins Again!

haidut

Forum Supporter
Bump.

Was listening to the Nitric Oxide Herb Doctors yesterday and Peat talked about DCA and how it has great intravenous effects on cancer.

Had never heard it mentioned before by Ray.

Googling it there are lots of mentions of it and the Warburg effect. One site says that the cancer charities have almost totally ignored doing studies on it!

Looks incredibly promising, and certainly is something I'd start with if I knew someone dealing with Cancer.

@haidut - ever looked into this?

For the more creative of you, it could be done anyway without cancer to improve oxidation to CO2. Unfortunately you'd have to self administer an IV drip that you make up yourself ;)

Here's the quote :

SOUND ENGINEER: And what about DCA or dichloroacetate for cancers?

RAY PEAT: That happens to be very similar to methylene blue in the way it is essentially non-toxic in moderate amounts, people are now getting as much as 10 or 12g of it per day intravenously and feeling great but what it does is restore the productive oxidation of glucose getting the electrons to go all the way from glucose to form carbon dioxide, pretty much what methylene blue is doing in different situations. But the DCA is reversing the cancer metabolism, or the so-called Warburg metabolism, the same way that methylene blue does, so I see it as a very important way of making up for the toxic effects of nitric oxide, endotoxin, free radical, fat oxidation and so on.

I have looked into it, as you already found. So, you can get the same effects from vitamin B1, biotin, and maybe acetazolamide. No need to try to get DCA and possibly end up on some watch list pharma is keeping.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals