Glycolysis Is Bad?

iamthebull

I'm relatively new to Ray Peat nutrition principals and one thing that is discussed a lot is metabolism, specifically the desire to maximize "oxidative metabolism" and avoid "glycolysis" or "glycolitic metabolism".

From what I understand glycolysis is the pathway where glucose is turned into pyruvate and from there it can go through the kreb's cycle then to the electron transport chain where it is oxidized. Is this correct? If so, then wouldn't glycolysis be a core part of oxidative metabolism?

I also understand that pyruvate can go through a pathway where it is turned into lactic acid (which also appears to be undesirable) but isn't that separate from glycolysis itself?

Recoen

I'm relatively new to Ray Peat nutrition principals and one thing that is discussed a lot is metabolism, specifically the desire to maximize "oxidative metabolism" and avoid "glycolysis" or "glycolitic metabolism".

From what I understand glycolysis is the pathway where glucose is turned into pyruvate and from there it can go through the kreb's cycle then to the electron transport chain where it is oxidized. Is this correct? If so, then wouldn't glycolysis be a core part of oxidative metabolism?

I also understand that pyruvate can go through a pathway where it is turned into lactic acid (which also appears to be undesirable) but isn't that separate from glycolysis itself?
Glycolysis is part of the oxidative metabolism. Peat seems to use the term interchangeably for fermentation.

Mito

Excessive glycolysis in proportion to mitochondrial respiration (Krebs/ETC) is bad.
NAD/NADH Ratio - The One Metabolic Cause To Rule Them All

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals