Glycogen, Metabolism, And Insomnia

OP
Brian fitusi

Brian fitusi

Yes

This is a big debate on the forum, I think most eat starch with no problems, it usually is metabolized quickly and efficiently. A breakfast of eggs and toast is very insulinogenic/fast digesting, and should have one feeling hungry by 2h postmeal. I tend to favor insulinogenic meals like this earlier in the day, fattier meals later. Adding fat will slow things down, a high fat meal is good to keep one going for 6h w/out a meal, more or less, one may favor this effect for their work schedule/convenience. Thinking about insulin sensitivity, macro ratios, timing etc is important for getting what you want out of food.
I will most definitely keep that in mind. Macro ratios = 3:1 sugar to protein? Not sure how that works. What sort of fatty meals are we talking about? So, you think imsulogenic meals should be fine for me? I actually like the way that Sounds. Do you sleep on your back or side?

1-1 is probably the lowest, suitable for sedentary people, going above that depends on activity level.

Depends on your insulin sensitvity, you can increase it by fasting(first meal of the day will be most sensitive), exercise, even stretching.

Just meals with extra fat, added butter, cheese etc, maybe a salad with lots of oil.

Side sleeping has been shown to promote better cerebro-spinal fluid flow.

OP
Brian fitusi

Brian fitusi

1-1 is probably the lowest, suitable for sedentary people, going above that depends on activity level.

Depends on your insulin sensitvity, you can increase it by fasting(first meal of the day will be most sensitive), exercise, even stretching.

Just meals with extra fat, added butter, cheese etc, maybe a salad with lots of oil.

Side sleeping has been shown to promote better cerebro-spinal fluid flow.
So, increasing my insulin sensitivity is a good thing? Can you explain how that works?

OP
Brian fitusi

Brian fitusi

Its the opposite of insulin resistance
I see! What are some ways to find out if I am insulin resistant? So, you think occasionally fasting in the morning would be a good way to increase my insulin sensitivity?

GreekDemiGod

Yes, it is only natural to be so on a low carb die
Do you think the same applies to someone who is lean and in great shape with previous great insulin sensitivity.
That's my case. I was always pretty insulin sensitive.
This year, I did 4 months of Keto/Carnivore. Now I'm peating and having trouble sleeping well, waking up in the middle of the night.
I went from ZeroCarb straight to 300g+ of carbs / day, for 2 weeks. Then I jumped into peating, and taking 400g+ of carbs / day and 250 - 300g of sugar.
One possibility is that I have blood sugar regulation issues after my Carnivore span.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals