Glycine Vs Powdered Gelatin

OP
cyclops

cyclops

Cool. Probably a dumb question but... Beta Alanine could not be substituted for Alanine right?

I don't know of any commercially available gelatine that is safe. They are all full of endotoxin. Glycine is a very safe supplement because it is such a simple substance
Is there a particular glycine source you could link to? I have had a bad digestive experience with the Great Lakes gelatin (both red and green cans), so I am looking for something else. It happens whether I heat it up or not. A bit dismayed though that other people seemed to have had digestive issues with glycine itself, so I'm hoping there is a safe reliable source. Thank you.

Edit: Maybe pork rinds could be eaten for glycine?
"Ray has told me pork rinds are the most practical source for glycine on numerous occasions."
Simply Eating Oxtails - Enough Glycine?

Last edited:

Kartoffel

Is there a particular glycine source you could link to? I have had a bad digestive experience with the Great Lakes gelatin (both red and green cans), so I am looking for something else. It happens whether I heat it up or not. A bit dismayed though that other people seemed to have had digestive issues with glycine itself, so I'm hoping there is a safe reliable source. Thank you.

Edit: Maybe pork rinds could be eaten for glycine?
"Ray has told me pork rinds are the most practical source for glycine on numerous occasions."
Simply Eating Oxtails - Enough Glycine?

I live in Germany, and buy pure powdered glycine without any additives. I have never had any digestive reactions to it, even in large doses.