Glycine has a universal anti-viral effect

haidut

Forum Supporter
While the study below does not go as far as to say that glycine would be an appropriate intervention for the current COVID-19 pandemic, it does describe an anti-viral mechanism for glycine that is (at least in theory) applicable to ALL viruses. Namely, glycine prevents for formation of capsids, without which viruses are unstable and cannot infect other cells as they simply disintegrate without a capsid "shell". So, it may be worth upping gelatin intake over the "Dark Winter", which one of the POTUS candidates keeps scaring us is coming...

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/acs.langmuir.0c00175
Microfluidics Helps Engineers Watch Viral Infection in Real Time

"...Viruses carry around an outer shell of proteins called a capsid. The proteins act like a lockpick, attaching to and prying open a cell’s membrane. The virus then hijacks the cell’s inner workings, forcing it to mass produce the virus’s genetic material and construct many, many viral replicas. Much like popcorn kernels pushing away the lid of an overfilled pot, the new viruses explode through the cell wall. And the cycle continues with more virus lockpicks on the loose....Viral infections are top of mind right now, but not all viruses are the same. While microfluidic devices that use dielectrophoresis could one day be used for on-site, quick testing for viral diseases like COVID-19, the Michigan Tech team focused on a well-known and closely studied virus, the porcine parvovirus (PPV), which infects kidney cells in pigs. But then the team wanted to push the envelope: They added the osmolyte glycine, an important intervention their collaborators study in viral surface chemistry and vaccine development. “Using our system, we could show time-dependent behavior of the virus and cell membrane. Then we added the osmolyte, which can act as an antiviral compound,” Habibi explained. “We thought it would stop the interaction. Instead, it looked like the interaction continued to happen at first, but then the new viruses couldn’t get out of the cell.” That’s because glycine likely interrupts the new capsid formation for the replicated viruses within the cell itself. While that specific portion of the viral dance happens behind the curtain of the cell wall, the dielectric measurements show a shift between an infected cycle where capsid formation happens and an infected cell where capsid formation is interrupted by glycine. This difference in electrical charge indicates that glycine prevents the new viruses from forming capsids and stops the would-be viral lockpickers from hitting their targets."

Ras

While the study below does not go as far as to say that glycine would be an appropriate intervention for the current COVID-19 pandemic, it does describe an anti-viral mechanism for glycine that is (at least in theory) applicable to ALL viruses. Namely, glycine prevents for formation of capsids, without which viruses are unstable and cannot infect other cells as they simply disintegrate without a capsid "shell". So, it may be worth upping gelatin intake over the "Dark Winter", which one of the POTUS candidates keeps scaring us is coming...

"...Viruses carry around an outer shell of proteins called a capsid. The proteins act like a lockpick, attaching to and prying open a cell’s membrane. The virus then hijacks the cell’s inner workings, forcing it to mass produce the virus’s genetic material and construct many, many viral replicas. Much like popcorn kernels pushing away the lid of an overfilled pot, the new viruses explode through the cell wall. And the cycle continues with more virus lockpicks on the loose....Viral infections are top of mind right now, but not all viruses are the same. While microfluidic devices that use dielectrophoresis could one day be used for on-site, quick testing for viral diseases like COVID-19, the Michigan Tech team focused on a well-known and closely studied virus, the porcine parvovirus (PPV), which infects kidney cells in pigs. But then the team wanted to push the envelope: They added the osmolyte glycine, an important intervention their collaborators study in viral surface chemistry and vaccine development. “Using our system, we could show time-dependent behavior of the virus and cell membrane. Then we added the osmolyte, which can act as an antiviral compound,” Habibi explained. “We thought it would stop the interaction. Instead, it looked like the interaction continued to happen at first, but then the new viruses couldn’t get out of the cell.” That’s because glycine likely interrupts the new capsid formation for the replicated viruses within the cell itself. While that specific portion of the viral dance happens behind the curtain of the cell wall, the dielectric measurements show a shift between an infected cycle where capsid formation happens and an infected cell where capsid formation is interrupted by glycine. This difference in electrical charge indicates that glycine prevents the new viruses from forming capsids and stops the would-be viral lockpickers from hitting their targets."
How should this data be interpreted in light of our knowing that all viruses are exosomes which have never been shown experimentally to be independent, infectious agents?

P

Peatness

The clinical trails for glycine supplement for severe covid 19 is on the way

Perry Staltic

It will be interesting to see the results. Glycine increases serotonin. Some doctors are saying that covid is a syndrome caused by serotonin released from activated platelets. Cyproheptadine (serotonin antagonist) apparently helps severe covid patients a lot.

Lollipop2

How should this data be interpreted in light of our knowing that all viruses are exosomes which have never been shown experimentally to be independent, infectious agents?
Ray countered this theory on the latest Patrick Timpone interview.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Very interesting, thanks!
The dose they plan to use is 0.5g/kg daily, which means most people should be able to get similar effects/benefits from 2-3 tablespoons of gelatin daily.

JKX

It will be interesting to see the results. Glycine increases serotonin. Some doctors are saying that covid is a syndrome caused by serotonin released from activated platelets. Cyproheptadine (serotonin antagonist) apparently helps severe covid patients a lot.

Glycine does not increase serotonin. Short term oral supplementation studies show an increase in exracellular levels. This is a desirable effect.

DennisX

The dose they plan to use is 0.5g/kg daily, which means most people should be able to get similar effects/benefits from 2-3 tablespoons of gelatin daily.
why take gelatin and not glycine pills directly?

David90

Interesting. This maybe Explains (more or less) why I'm getting WAY less sick than in my Earlier Years. I Use Gelatin (i think) since 2018 and was not ill since then (not even getting a cold). I also eat 30g of Gelatin per Day (sometimes even more)

Sergey

I keep reading about all the good stuff glycine does, and keep trying to take it. And every time it makes me very very depressed. Effect similar to the one of B3.
Do you know what could be the reason?

Perry Staltic

I keep reading about all the good stuff glycine does, and keep trying to take it. And every time it makes me very very depressed. Effect similar to the one of B3.
Do you know what could be the reason?

How much do you take?

Sergey

How much do you take?
Anything above 500 mg has depressing effect. Tried smaller doses - first nothing, then depressed after several doses. Same story with gelatin.
B3 - anything above 30mgs has the same effect.
What helps to recover is unphysiological doses of methylB12. I don’t like taking it, so just avoid glycine/niacin. Trying from time to time - nothing has changed for at least 5 years, so I am definitely missing something here.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
why take gelatin and not glycine pills directly?

If the human dosage is 0.5g/kg then gelatin is probably a way cheaper source of getting 40g-50g glycine daily. Most capsules products probably do not contain 50g glycine in an entire bottle. Also, gelatin has other amino acids like proline, hydroxyproline, phenylalanine, etc that also have antiviral effects.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Anything above 500 mg has depressing effect. Tried smaller doses - first nothing, then depressed after several doses. Same story with gelatin.
B3 - anything above 30mgs has the same effect.
What helps to recover is unphysiological doses of methylB12. I don’t like taking it, so just avoid glycine/niacin. Trying from time to time - nothing has changed for at least 5 years, so I am definitely missing something here.

Have you tried taking with some pregnenolone? I know several people who reacted similar to magnesium, niacinamide, glycine, and other GABA activators and taking with 30mg-50mg pregnenolone apparently removed that depressing effect. Btw, how do you distinguish depressing from sedating? All of these substances have known sedating effect, but it is not the same as making you depressed. Are you getting sad/desperate from taking them or just sleepy/lazy?

Ras

Ray countered this theory on the latest Patrick Timpone interview.

I can't make time right now to wade through Peat's stuttering. How did he counter what I said?

RealNeat

I can't make time right now to wade through Peat's stuttering. How did he counter what I said?
i understand what you are saying but i think its important to differentiate between viruses vs exosomes and in what context those words are used.

Ray has talked about pleomorphism before and expressed that he sees truth in it, which is a cornerstone of Terrain Theory/ Bechamp over Germ Theory. Ray also mentions his skepticism of the virus origin story and their ability to cause disease alone. He also talks about the retroviruses and "junk DNA" we have, even in healthy people. This to me shows that Ray doesnt fully agree with the way @Lollipop2 interpreted his statement in the new interview.

In his new interview he mentioned Herpes and how easily that can be transmitted from one person to another. If Patrick had been a bit more inquisitive and dug in with the question, "but does it cause disease each and every time regardless of their ability to effectively "infect" people?" i think Ray would have entered the context of what he said deeper.

Second, even people like Andrew Kaufman (inspired by the staunch Bechamp/ terrain theorists) mention that there is no known origin of the RNA being tested and that there could be a virus/ viruses but alone may not cause severe disease like we've been told. They are not necessarily denying that viruses exist. Aajonus Vonderplanitz, one of the most outspoken terrain theorists doesnt even deny that viruses exist. It is quite possible and even shown that both viruses and exosomes have an endogenous origin, this doesnt mean that we cant pass them on to one another. This also doesnt mean imo that they wont cause symptoms of acclimation. This is why i started a thread on Zach Bush MD, i think he has the most realistic view of whats happening/ terrain theory. Exosomes seem to be a more broad messsaging method, where viruses are more targeted in their genomic information delivery. Like sarscov2 to ACE2 "receptors."

and no im not entirely convinced this novel virus is novel or even properly isolated and sequenced.

llian

Have you tried taking with some pregnenolone? I know several people who reacted similar to magnesium, niacinamide, glycine, and other GABA activators and taking with 30mg-50mg pregnenolone apparently removed that depressing effect. Btw, how do you distinguish depressing from sedating? All of these substances have known sedating effect, but it is not the same as making you depressed. Are you getting sad/desperate from taking them or just sleepy/lazy?
U cant avoid me forever Haidut ??

Sergey

Interesting, thank you, haidut, will definitely try it.

It does look like gaba related now when I think about it! Taurine has the same effect, as do all other gaba-friendly things - “calming” herbs, l-teanine, alcohol, melatonin and benzodiazepines. I even used to read “how to raise gaba” articles and not do whats advised there. Magnesium and B6 were in the same “to avoid” group, but I slowly built some tolerance to them.
It was different 10-12 years ago. I used sublingual glycine with valerian and other herbs daily for several years in university to help with sleep. Then I even used some melatonin and it was fine. Well, relatively, since there were always some mood issues, but all was tolerable and gaba was my friend.
Then, couple of years after moving to dark Norway, tolerance to all these things disappeared, can’t even think about taking any melatonin, having a glass of wine or good old valerian. Probably related to too little vitamin d and too much melatonin, especially in winter..
I found that light helps a lot, as does vitamin A. I have very peculiar intensification of this depressive symptoms around 5 pm, by the clock on many days, and salt/vitamin a/protein/t3 help with it. Magnesium, if taken around thay time, aggravates it significantly. I thought it was mostly cortisol dips, but maybe it also related to melatonin/pregnenolone. Just found a study showing that melatonin powerfully inhibits ACTH driven cortisol release from adrenal glands.
And another article mentions that melatonin suppresses ACTH production via mechanism different from cortisol inhibition.

And yes, the effect is clearly depressing - sad/desperate, not lazy/sleepy. I’d actually welcome some more lazy/sleepy state if it doesn’t come with more depression, which is usually the case.

And it looks like a family trait for at least three generations - all need both relaxation and stimulation at the same time and can’t tolerate much of either, all addicted to coffee, all sub clinically hypothyroid, can’t tolerate thyroid for more than a few days (very depressing after initial mood boost), with t3 being is much better than t4.

If there is anything other than pregnenolone I could do to balance all these things I am all ears!
Thank you!

Lollipop2

i understand what you are saying but i think its important to differentiate between viruses vs exosomes and in what context those words are used.

Ray has talked about pleomorphism before and expressed that he sees truth in it, which is a cornerstone of Terrain Theory/ Bechamp over Germ Theory. Ray also mentions his skepticism of the virus origin story and their ability to cause disease alone. He also talks about the retroviruses and "junk DNA" we have, even in healthy people. This to me shows that Ray doesnt fully agree with the way @Lollipop2 interpreted his statement in the new interview.

In his new interview he mentioned Herpes and how easily that can be transmitted from one person to another. If Patrick had been a bit more inquisitive and dug in with the question, "but does it cause disease each and every time regardless of their ability to effectively "infect" people?" i think Ray would have entered the context of what he said deeper.

Second, even people like Andrew Kaufman (inspired by the staunch Bechamp/ terrain theorists) mention that there is no known origin of the RNA being tested and that there could be a virus/ viruses but alone may not cause severe disease like we've been told. They are not necessarily denying that viruses exist. Aajonus Vonderplanitz, one of the most outspoken terrain theorists doesnt even deny that viruses exist. It is quite possible and even shown that both viruses and exosomes have an endogenous origin, this doesnt mean that we cant pass them on to one another. This also doesnt mean imo that they wont cause symptoms of acclimation. This is why i started a thread on Zach Bush MD, i think he has the most realistic view of whats happening/ terrain theory. Exosomes seem to be a more broad messsaging method, where viruses are more targeted in their genomic information delivery. Like sarscov2 to ACE2 "receptors."

and no im not entirely convinced this novel virus is novel or even properly isolated and sequenced.
I think you misinterpreted Ray here. Relisten.

RealNeat

I think you misinterpreted Ray here. Relisten.
ive listened to it like 5 times and personally interviewed him about it on Primitive Initiative Podcast. Im not misinterpreting. Viruses exist, they can be passed on but they alone can not cause disease. Im not saying Ray said the last part verbatim but he implies it multiple times through all of his COVID related interviews and before. If you want to be more specific i can break it down.