Glycine and taurine

Inaut

Can you give a 1 year old glycine and taurine?
If the child is eating solid food you can give him/her jello (homemade) which will cover the glycine... Not sure why you'd give the child taurine though....

OP
J

Jing

If the child is eating solid food you can give him/her jello (homemade) which will cover the glycine... Not sure why you'd give the child taurine though....
Reason I ask is because my 1 year as very poor sleep and is also very shy and doesn't seem like his body and mind can relax , doctors have prescribed anti histamines for his sleep.

linx

Forum Supporter
Taurine is added to many formulas though it’s probably not a huge amount. Also mother’s milk is supposed to be high in taurine.

OP
J

Jing

Taurine is added to many formulas though it’s probably not a huge amount. Also mother’s milk is supposed to be high in taurine.
He's on cows milk now. I'm asking more for glycine tbh though.

linx

Forum Supporter
Not informed by anything in particular but I'd be cautious about glycine, at least as a stand-alone amino acid. Glycine in collagen/gelatin is food so I wouldn't worry too much about that - giving something like bone broth would probably be great. But personally I'm one of those people for whom glycine isn't calming. If I take too much stand-alone it will disrupt my sleep pretty reliably. So I'm cautious of reports all across the internet that it can only be beneficial.

OP
J

Jing

Not informed by anything in particular but I'd be cautious about glycine, at least as a stand-alone amino acid. Glycine in collagen/gelatin is food so I wouldn't worry too much about that - giving something like bone broth would probably be great. But personally I'm one of those people for whom glycine isn't calming. If I take too much stand-alone it will disrupt my sleep pretty reliably. So I'm cautious of reports all across the internet that it can only be beneficial.
Thanks.

Eberhardt

maybe its safest to use gelatin in case the histamin irritates the babys gut. It can especially the really slow cooked one. And peat is a bit sceptic to individual amino acids and prefer to get them from foodsubstances. I agree on that as I get good results from organic gelatin but not from hydrolized or pure Glycine. One reason might be what Peat says about them seldom being pure or undegraded(and not sure that even would be possible) - so for a baby Id be extra careful :)

shine

Glycine supplementation might need additional B - vitamin supplementation, especially B12 but also others. There's a thread about it by none other than @Amazoniac the Great.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals