Glycine And Stress

Hans

Forum Supporter
I think another reason why people experience a benefit from a carnivore diet is because of a reduction in serotonin.
Eating of a natural protein source, usually containing roughly 0.5–1% tryptophan on average, results in a relatively small increase in tryptophan in the brain, but a larger increase in other LNAAs. This results in a decrease in the circulating tryptophan/LNAA ratio and thus reduced Trp influx to the brain and thus reduced serotonin synthesis.

OP
JoshuaD

JoshuaD

I think another reason why people experience a benefit from a carnivore diet is because of a reduction in serotonin.
Eating of a natural protein source, usually containing roughly 0.5–1% tryptophan on average, results in a relatively small increase in tryptophan in the brain, but a larger increase in other LNAAs. This results in a decrease in the circulating tryptophan/LNAA ratio and thus reduced Trp influx to the brain and thus reduced serotonin synthesis.

This whole different view on Serotonin and Dopamine I need to study more.
Robert Lustig wrote the hacking of the American mind. Very different from what I hear in here.

Marcine

Sorry, the Glycine I have took a lot of time to arrive and I will keep it.

Im told they sell collagen in the pharmacies here. Have you seen that? Should contain lots of Glycine.

Did you just eat muscle meats? Or organs too?
I don't doubt plenty cant function on a carnivore diet. Its pretty extreme and limiting. It's not for most people.
Glad you found something that works for you.
Supps here are full of crap additives, including the high-priced collagen. I use a lot of gelatin.
Please do some more research around your
Sorry, the Glycine I have took a lot of time to arrive and I will keep it.

Im told they sell collagen in the pharmacies here. Have you seen that? Should contain lots of Glycine.

Did you just eat muscle meats? Or organs too?
I don't doubt plenty cant function on a carnivore diet. Its pretty extreme and limiting. It's not for most people.
Glad you found something that works for you.

Marcine

Supps here are full of crap additives, including the high-priced collagen. I use a lot of gelatin.
Please do some more research around your
You might be right. I honestly don't know.
How many here have tried a real 100% animal-based diet for over 1 year and felt bad?
Me. 1.5 years. Watch your emotions and hair, sleep. I could never easily climb the mt to my house. I did do alot of bacon daily so I would stick to beef if I were you. The pigs here would be high pufa. I used cheese You must see what foods the locals have always thrived on here. They eat small portions of meat, lots of starch and fruit juice, fresh cheese and eggs plus some organs and fresh beans. Very few vegies, which are mostly goitrogenic here. Ceviche for the lack of iodine in the Andes is available. I expect you should check for mold, which is rampant in homes here and reintroduce safe carbs slowly. Goat milk. I hope you salt heavily. That is a big help. We lose electrolytes here just breathing. The water only carn meme is not helpful. Do you ever see an Ecuadorian walking around with water? If you don't eat fruit you might want to supp mag, potassium or drink coconut water and/or Guitig. Give blood or you might get iron imbalanced. I just don't understand why you wouldn't be an omnivore in an optimal spot with a great food supply once you heal. Just avoid gluten and most vegies and deplete endotoxins. I doubt if the equator is the correct environ to thrive without sugar for fuel. The Inca did not run the Trail on meat! The farmers, workers do not slave all day without carbs here.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals