Global Drinking Water Contains As Much Plastic As Eating A Credit Card Per Week

CLASH

Thats only a concern for the plebs who drink water...... ;)

“8 glasses a day”

shine

Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realise we cannot eat credit cards.

CLASH

@shine
By that point credit cards will be a superfood. Who needs fish river or trees when you can freely eat PBC’s and PVC.

shine

@CLASH
So you're saying we will adapt to these new food sources? There are bacteria strains that are able to digest plastics. Plastic digesting probiotics will be a thing.

CLASH

@shine
Its all about the microbiome. If you map out all the bacteria in the gut then you can figure out how to create the perfect ecosystem, its like when we mapped the whole genome and discovered the cause of all disease.

Cirion

Yeah I only use distilled water for cooking or whenever I drink water (which isn't often anymore) now. Distilled water gets a lot of hate for taking out the minerals, but IMO, nutrition is more about avoiding the bad stuff than it is ingesting the good stuff.

Momado965

Does this apply to all water bottles including water in glass from brands such as gerolsteiner, san benedeto etc?

lvysaur

I wonder what the concentration is for milk

Fruit juices should be very safe then.

@shine
Its all about the microbiome. If you map out all the bacteria in the gut then you can figure out how to create the perfect ecosystem, its like when we mapped the whole genome and discovered the cause of all disease.
haha

The title says it.
A australian study analyzed several studies om the topic and found that we are likely consuming 5 grams of micro plastics per week. That equalls to one credit card per week. This is global so doesn’t matter where you live.

You could be swallowing a credit card's weight in plastic every week - CNN

Worst food source is seafood like shrimp
Sea salt also has a lot of plastic. I'm thinking about switching to himalayan salt, since I have a 1 kg bag package of it. I'm only concerned about it irritating my gut, since it isn't refined.

haidut

Forum Supporter
The title says it.
A australian study analyzed several studies om the topic and found that we are likely consuming 5 grams of micro plastics per week. That equalls to one credit card per week. This is global so doesn’t matter where you live.

You could be swallowing a credit card's weight in plastic every week - CNN

Worst food source is seafood like shrimp

And if the plastic was not enough, this just in.
Nitrates In Tap Water May Cause 12,500+ Cancer Cases Annually

Gone Peating

Is there conclusive evidence beyond doubt that this average level of microplastic consumption is anything to worry about?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom