Glimmer of Hope! Success with combining

Philomath

The first big breakthrough I've had while Peating came a couple months ago when I discovered Greek yogurt. I realize now that Peatian success depends on adequate protein, and I was seriously lacking. Even with buckets of yogurt, and a slightly higher than normal pulse, my temps rarely exceeded 97.7 F.
I had experimented with thyroid in the past, but it always seemed to lower my pulse and temps - so I gave it up for a while to focus on foods. I've experimented with supplements too, trying everything from from P5P to Methylene Blue with little to show for it. My health has been moving in the right direction, despite the erratic one step forward and two steps back process. That’s the way it’s been… until today.

Vision_of_Strength had posted about his success grouping multiple supplements for a redox balancing effect and a shift toward oxidation. I tried his Peat recommended combo once before, but I had some chest discomfort at the same time. I realize now that it was likely unrelated to the pills, but I still stopped supplementing for week just to be safe.

This past week I’ve been discussing the merits of a Peat inspired protocol with other forum members. Since it was top of mind, and I had all the debated supplements, I tried the combo again today, spur of the moment, in the early afternoon when I usually get cold and tired. I decided to take 500mg Niacin, 200 mg B1, 100mcg Vit.K, 400iu VitE, 25,000 iu Vit A, 5mg DHEA, 500mg aspirin and 4000iu VitD. I had taken a full grain of cynoplus that morning and had been nibbling on a cynomel up to that point.
After eating more protein, getting my liver, magnesium and OJ, the thyroid had bumped my pulse to the mid 90's. Unfortunately, my temps were still in the mid 97's. After taking the combination of supplements however, my pulse shot up to 99 degrees!
I know it's just one time, but that’s one heck of a coincidence!
I’ll be trying it again tomorrow, all day, and recording what happens.

I do have a couple questions though:
1. The effects wore off after an hour or two (I didn't check the time sadly) which was expected. If I continue to take this combination of supplements, and keep my pulse and temps elevated, how long will I need to continue dosing...until my PUFA stores are depleted? Sooner?
2. Is this the elusive “uncoupling” effect?

We’ll see what tomorrow brings.

Philomath said:
The first big breakthrough I've had while Peating came a couple months ago when I discovered Greek yogurt. I realize now that Peatian success depends on adequate protein, and I was seriously lacking. Even with buckets of yogurt, and a slightly higher than normal pulse, my temps rarely exceeded 97.7 F.
I had experimented with thyroid in the past, but it always seemed to lower my pulse and temps - so I gave it up for a while to focus on foods. I've experimented with supplements too, trying everything from from P5P to Methylene Blue with little to show for it. My health has been moving in the right direction, despite the erratic one step forward and two steps back process. That’s the way it’s been… until today.

Vision_of_Strength had posted about his success grouping multiple supplements for a redox balancing effect and a shift toward oxidation. I tried his Peat recommended combo once before, but I had some chest discomfort at the same time. I realize now that it was likely unrelated to the pills, but I still stopped supplementing for week just to be safe.

This past week I’ve been discussing the merits of a Peat inspired protocol with other forum members. Since it was top of mind, and I had all the debated supplements, I tried the combo again today, spur of the moment, in the early afternoon when I usually get cold and tired. I decided to take 500mg Niacin, 200 mg B1, 100mcg Vit.K, 400iu VitE, 25,000 iu Vit A, 5mg DHEA, 500mg aspirin and 4000iu VitD. I had taken a full grain of cynoplus that morning and had been nibbling on a cynomel up to that point.
After eating more protein, getting my liver, magnesium and OJ, the thyroid had bumped my pulse to the mid 90's. Unfortunately, my temps were still in the mid 97's. After taking the combination of supplements however, my pulse shot up to 99 degrees!
I know it's just one time, but that’s one heck of a coincidence!
I’ll be trying it again tomorrow, all day, and recording what happens.

I do have a couple questions though:
1. The effects wore off after an hour or two (I didn't check the time sadly) which was expected. If I continue to take this combination of supplements, and keep my pulse and temps elevated, how long will I need to continue dosing...until my PUFA stores are depleted? Sooner?
2. Is this the elusive “uncoupling” effect?

We’ll see what tomorrow brings.
Did you mean niacin or niacinamide? I've heard niacin can cause flushing, but niacinamide does not.

Hard to say how long to keep doing it. I guess just take it a day or an hour at time and see how you feel?

Yes, better tissue oxidation or uncoupling will increase body temp even at rest. So unless you were working out to make your body temp go up, or having a big meal, then you were "uncoupling". If you had a CO2 sensor you'd see your exhaled CO2 increase, too!

Look, there's only one way to get good temperature consistently, and it is described at http://www.fixlowbodytemp.com/ there is nothing wrong with those supplements, but you need a decent baseline.

squanch

Look, there's only one way to get good temperature consistently, and it is described at http://www.fixlowbodytemp.com/ there is nothing wrong with those supplements, but you need a decent baseline.

Do you know if the temperature reset described on his site can also be done using NDT instead of T3 ?

What was your experience with his recommendations? Did it work for you?

Skally said:

Do you know if the temperature reset described on his site can also be done using NDT instead of T3 ?

I don't know, all I took was the T4 to prevent the crash (which you can also experience every time you take a shower). This works but for example if you have a night out or sleep on the couch or skip a few meals you have to do it all over again (a smaller version of it). It must become natural to overdress at all times. If you sweat at a healthy temperature, your brain is working against you, and this protocol fixes that.

sweetpeat

@Such_Saturation
So, have you been able to keep your temps up without supplementing thyroid hormone? I'm very interested in this method and am reading his info.

sweetpeat said:
@Such_Saturation
So, have you been able to keep your temps up without supplementing thyroid hormone? I'm very interested in this method and am reading his info.

Yes, but I get lazy and/or run out of clean clothes so the results vary. Waking up in the morning is also very bad for temperature but that's me, you know. I tried one bottle of T3 but it is like a street drug, you need more and more to be normal; very much useless especially if you are young and could be thinking of other things.

nikotrope

The hot shower is a very nice way to get to 98.6-99F for me. I take it after a small wake-up snack and some coffee/caffeine. If I don't shower I must wait a few hours for the temperature to go to 99F, I eventually get there after a few snacks (and coffee/caffeine, aspirin and salt). If I eat enough and take coffee/caffeine, I never go below 98.6F. It took time though.

sweetpeat

Yes, but I get lazy and/or run out of clean clothes so the results vary.

Ha! too funny.

I also have found thyroid supplementing to be a mixed bag. Like lots of things, it works. For a while. Until it doesn't.

Such_Saturation said:
Skally said:

I don't know, all I took was the T4 to prevent the crash (which you can also experience every time you take a shower). This works but for example if you have a night out or sleep on the couch or skip a few meals you have to do it all over again (a smaller version of it). It must become natural to overdress at all times. If you sweat at a healthy temperature, your brain is working against you, and this protocol fixes that.
Peat does mention that keeping yourself warm is another way to increase metabolism, especially your head and feet at night when you are sleeping, if only because of increased enzyme efficiencies.

I've tried far infrared heat therapy that claims to improve the efficiency of enzymes. http://www.bio-mats.com/the-fourth-trea ... f-contents. Peat has said of far infrared therapy that he doesn't think the wavelength has any benefit, other than the heat.

If you stay close enough to 750 watts of incandescent light, you'll be warm. But I suppose we should add heat itself to the RDAs?

Such_Saturation said:
Waking up in the morning is also very bad for temperature but that's me, you know. I tried one bottle of T3 but it is like a street drug, you need more and more to be normal; very much useless especially if you are young and could be thinking of other things.
sweetpeat said:
I also have found thyroid supplementing to be a mixed bag. Like lots of things, it works. For a while. Until it doesn't.
Hmm, I don't think this is right. T3 is not like a street drug that you need more and more of. You may get a bad batch of T3 that isn't very active, which will have less effect. But assuming good quality, a few micrograms an hour is the most you'll ever need.

Precise dosing is critical. Taking more than your body would make if healthy would be a problem, because the excess would get converted to reverse T3 and cause a cortisol reaction.

I understand though that it can be a chore to do, or life might intervene!

nikotrope said:
The hot shower is a very nice way to get to 98.6-99F for me. I take it after a small wake-up snack and some coffee/caffeine. If I don't shower I must wait a few hours for the temperature to go to 99F, I eventually get there after a few snacks (and coffee/caffeine, aspirin and salt). If I eat enough and take coffee/caffeine, I never go below 98.6F. It took time though.
Thank you. In my experience, nine teaspoons instant coffee mixed with gelatin and dairy and juice or honey is the key. The first tablet of 40 mcg T4/10mcg T3 also helps. So does salt.

Waking up, I'm already 98.2-4, having breathed CO2 while sleeping, and I warm up to 99.4 and stay there all day (though I think thermometers can be imprecise).

sweetpeat said:
@Such_Saturation
There are at least two points of disagreement, from Peat's perspective. One, this protocol does not increase the body temperature when waking up, so if you are hypothyroid with a low waking up temp, you will still miss out on the important enzyme reactions that occur while you are sleeping.

Two, he uses 15 mcg of T3, an amount that Peat thinks is far more than the body can use, and so the result may be a cortisol reaction that increases body temp, but from a stress reaction. This stress reaction combined with preventing yourself from cooling could cause life-threatening hyperthermia. In fact, one woman allegedly died while trying this.

It's a set point, you won't ever get to daytime temperatures if you are stuck on that set point. He's changing the set point. The T3 makes you colder and colder with time, just ask anyone on the forum who has ever taken it!

narouz

Such_Saturation said:

That's interesting, Such.
That's called CMCS.
Is it associated with your CTMU thing/guy...?

narouz said:
Such_Saturation said:

That's interesting, Such.
That's called CMCS.
Is it associated with your CTMU thing/guy...?

I don't know but one fixed air conditioners, the other one was a bouncer :rofl

narouz

Now that you mention it,
seems like the CMTU guy was a bouncer for a while.
Don't recall him being an HVAC guy... :D

Such_Saturation said:
It's a set point, you won't ever get to daytime temperatures if you are stuck on that set point. He's changing the set point. The T3 makes you colder and colder with time, just ask anyone on the forum who has ever taken it!
Ok something tells me you are punking me. Have you changed majors and are now studying Divine Comedy?

narouz

Such links to a guy who talks about "set points."
That has been intriguing to me for a while,
but I've never really had an understanding of what they are.
I did hear Peat one time briefly mention set points
when he was discussing bag breathing/carbon dioxide.

I guess part of my resistance, though,
is that I also heard Matt Stone pontificating about them rather gaseously,
and not saying much of anything I could understand,
so...I think that put me off "set points" a bit....