GLA And PSO To Slow Down Hair Loss?

Johno

I plan on taking one tablespoon of borage oil and 500mg of Pumpkin seed oil every day. Dermastamping once a week and applying castor oil mixed with ethanol on scalp every few days. nizoral once a week. Is this enough to maintain? Am I doing more harm than good? What side effects could I be experiencing? I did some research and couldnt find anyone suffering from side effects from either of those 2 (oral) supplements... Of course I will fix my diet and drink more water. I just turned 21 and dont want to destroy my body using finasteride/dutasteride or any of the other tranny drugs...

Frankdee20

I plan on taking one tablespoon of borage oil and 500mg of Pumpkin seed oil every day. Dermastamping once a week and applying castor oil mixed with ethanol on scalp every few days. nizoral once a week. Is this enough to maintain? Am I doing more harm than good? What side effects could I be experiencing? I did some research and couldnt find anyone suffering from side effects from either of those 2 (oral) supplements... Of course I will fix my diet and drink more water. I just turned 21 and dont want to destroy my body using finasteride/dutasteride or any of the other tranny drugs...

Try applying that topically. That’s a lot of Polys. Pumpkin Seed Oil has some linkage to hair regrowth though. Perhaps Beta Sistosterol content is responsible.

OP
J

Johno

Try applying that topically. That’s a lot of Polys. Pumpkin Seed Oil has some linkage to hair regrowth though. Perhaps Beta Sistosterol content is responsible.
What speaks against using GLA or PSO orally? are the anti-androgenic effects too strong? I dont think so? I read on other forums that PSO did nothing for them but I want to try it out nonetheless

Frankdee20

What speaks against using GLA or PSO orally? are the anti-androgenic effects too strong? I dont think so? I read on other forums that PSO did nothing for them but I want to try it out nonetheless

I just said it because GLA is a polyunsaturated fat, idk.

OP
J

Johno

I just said it because GLA is a polyunsaturated fat, idk.
Do you think using these supplements could result in PFS symptoms? I did some research and couldnt find anything... I dont think it could. I mean people use PSO daily as a salad dressing. What about borage oil? I dont want to ruin my endocrine system and end up like these PFS guys.

Frankdee20

Do you think using these supplements could result in PFS symptoms? I did some research and couldnt find anything... I dont think it could. I mean people use PSO daily as a salad dressing. What about borage oil? I dont want to ruin my endocrine system and end up like these PFS guys.

Honestly don’t know

olive

If you want to go down the ‘natural’ route I’d recommend 2ml castor oil daily, scalp massaging whenever possible and using a dermapen at 1.5mm length once-twice a week until the scalp turns red. All of these I’d choose over PSO or borage oil.

Topical caffeine solution to the scalp may also be worth looking into.

OP
J

Johno

If you want to go down the ‘natural’ route I’d recommend 2ml castor oil daily, scalp massaging whenever possible and using a dermapen at 1.5mm length once-twice a week until the scalp turns red. All of these I’d choose over PSO or borage oil.

Topical caffeine solution to the scalp may also be worth looking into.
Why would you not use PSO or borage oil? You mean castor oil orally? I tried that and ended up with bad diarrea for days. Turns out castor oil is used as a laxative. i didnt know that

Aaron

Can I ask why you'd take pumpkin seed oil over eating a few fresh raw pumpkin seeds?

I have regrown from 1.5 to 0.75 over the last 2 years despite factors that should have made my hairline worse (stress, tamoxifen, letrozole, low-protein vegan diet for a few months, etc). I've done hundreds of different things, but what I believe made the greatest impact was attempting to decalcify and increase blood flow to the scalp. Lifting heavy, handstand pushups, and rough olive oil + essential oil (currently using a lot of clove and bergamot) massages are my favorite methods. I also only shampoo with olive oil castile + essential oil (and again, I try to massage this in for a while since I don't mind absorbing any of these ingredients) along with Nizoral twice a week. I often take a long hot shower and then finish with a minute of ice cold water on the scalp, and this really has a stimulating effect. I am also a fan of high protein, oral biotin and low-dose iodine and selenomethionine. And Peating of course.

You are doing some correct things and I would agree that fin is the wrong route. I was on it for 6 months and it made my hair texture a lot less lustrous during that time, and it aged my skin (with endless additional side effects). Didn't seem to have nearly the same impact as scalp massage.

Last edited:
OP
J

Johno

Can I ask why you'd take pumpkin seed oil over eating a few fresh raw pumpkin seeds?

I have regrown from 1.5 to 0.75 over the last 2 years despite factors that should have made my hairline worse (stress, tamoxifen, letrozole, low-protein vegan diet for a few months, etc). I've done hundreds of different things, but what I believe made the greatest impact was attempting to decalcify and increase blood flow to the scalp. Lifting heavy, handstand pushups, and rough olive oil + essential oil (currently using a lot of clove and bergamot) massages are my favorite methods. I also only shampoo with olive oil castile + essential oil (and again, I try to massage this in for a while since I don't mind absorbing any of these ingredients) along with Nizoral twice a week. I often take a long hot shower and then finish with a minute of ice cold water on the scalp, and this really has a stimulating effect. I am also a fan of high protein, oral biotin and low-dose iodine and selenomethionine. And Peating of course.

You are doing some correct things and I would agree that fin is the wrong route. I was on it for 6 months and it made my hair texture a lot less lustrous during that time, and it aged my skin (with endless additional side effects). Didn't seem to have nearly the same impact as scalp massage.
it amazes me that you regrow (and maintained?) hair by doing handstand pushups or using olive oil and nizoral + scalp massage!! I will think about adding this. Do you think consuming PSO and borage oil daily orally could help with my hair loss? Or could it even be making it worse?