GIRLS Or Guys I Need Urgent HELP MORNING AFTER PILL

If you fight the estrogen how is the pill going to do its job

Xisca

Can you provide any references here to your comments about adaptation of flora? Or at least something ? Seems like speculation
I do not keep references about what I learn... It is not speculation.

Xisca

You do not fight the estrogen... when it is in the liver, it has already done its job and it is there to be eliminated.

You do not fight the estrogen... when it is in the liver, it has already done its job and it is there to be eliminated.
I don’t know if that’s how it works...

Xisca

I don’t know if that’s how it works...
I remember learning this about estrogens in this forum.... and that estrogen dominant women should look at their liver health, or see if the power of detoxing is overwhelmed by other stuff like estrogen mimetics etc. Anyway it is also possible to wait for the next preriods.

schultz

I think it's an anti-progesterone type of drug... though I suppose that also makes it a pro-estrogen drug. :???: Like a SERM but it's actually a SPRM (for some reason I found that funny because it was close to sperm. If someone asked you could say you're taking SPRMs to prevent pregnancy :lol: .... :shock: Now that I've written the joke down and can see the words it's not that funny. :sad ).

I was reading wikipedia article on it so I'm now a genius in regards to this drug. :cool It said a few things I found interesting...

"It has been shown to prevent about 62–85% of expected pregnancies"

At the low side, 62% doesn't seem all that effective in my opinion. It later says...

Of the 29 women studied who became pregnant despite taking ulipristal acetate, 16 had induced abortions, six had spontaneous abortions, six continued the pregnancies, and one was lost to follow-up."

So it is possible to actually get pregnant while taking this drug (for uterine fibroids I believe). That must be terribly unhealthy for the baby.

Amazigh

Wow, I just read through this thread for the first time. @Carla I hope everything turned out ok. I am disappointed that no one here mentioned anything about safe sex, such a basic thing. I can understand your motivation wanting to break out of shyness and exploring sexually. According to your story, it sounds like you and your guy did not do much communicating (eg. he thought you were on the pill), and you didn't mention having any testing done before having unprotected sex, etc. I hope you are wiser in your choices, that the situation worked out for you, and that you are using condoms while happily exploring, until you have both been tested.

GreekDemiGod

Every smart guy knows this rule when having casual sex:
  • At first, you try rawdog, no condom. If she says nothing, you put the condom cause she's promiscuous so you need to protect yourself
  • If she wants with a condom, that's the girl you can safely rawdog
I hope you let your boyfriend before have sex with you without a condom.