Ginger

Wagner83

Amazing. Great ideas. Never thought of this. Sooooo trying it.
As for the ginger broth for rice the key for great taste is to have it as strong as opaque yellow water. Chopping a lot of ginger into small pieces and lightly boiling it for long enough works for me. One could strain the ginger bits before throwing the rice in the water but I just make them watch dinner from the side of the plate. The best recipe would be white bushrooms (=> I just made this mistake but like it, it sounds like a drunk guy keeping parts of words inside his overloaded liver) broth, then add ginger, then add kale leaves, strain and cook the rice in it. Coriander is fantastic too.
Rice is so boring, it doesn't even taste bad, if I had to compare it to a country I'd say it's Switzerland during wartime.

Last edited:
L

lollipop

As for the ginger broth for rice the key for great taste is to have it as strong as opaque yellow water. Chopping a lot of ginger into small pieces and lightly boiling it for long enough works for me. One could strain the ginger bits before throwing the rice in the water but I just make them watch dinner from the side of the plate. The best recipe would be white bushrooms (=> I just made this mistake but like it, it sounds like a drunk guy keeping parts of words inside his overloaded liver) broth, then add ginger, then add kale leaves, strain and cook the rice in it. Coriander is fantastic too.
Rice is so boring, it doesn't even taste bad, if I had to compare it to a country I'd say it's Switzerland during wartime.
Again great ideas! Thank you @Wagner83.

Wagner83

3.1. Serotonergic Neurotransmission When looking at the serotonin receptors, it appears that many compounds in ginger have affinity for the 5-HT2B receptor including 8-Shogaol (Ki value of 1.8µM), 10-Gingerol (4.2µM), 10-Dehydrogingerdion (7.6µM), 10-Gingerdione (12.5µM), and 8-Gingerol (25.4µM).[12] There appears to be weak affinity (greater than 10µM) for the 5-HT2C receptor from most ginger phenolics except for 8-Shogaol, which has a Ki of 3.8µM.[12]
This from examine. They also say
, and I read that everywhere, that ginger has anti-serotonergic effects. Does that mean that the affinity it has for the serotonin receptors (see quote) prevent serotonin from binding and activating them?

David90

I eat some Raw Ginger (2-3g) along with drinking my Coffee and i instantly feel Warm, after Drinking it....

I Think @Hans had a Explanation on his Old Website about this.....

berk

supercoolguy

If you eat rice, do a very strong broth of ginger first and then cook the rice until complete absorption of water.
Ive been doing this to white rice for years. Actually I use a Bottle of Reeds Extra Ginger "Beer" (plus a shot of water). Has some Honey & Lemon Juice that makes the rice more like a dessert. 1/2tsp of coconut oil added in also.

(Pre-Rinse the rice in a pan of warm-hot water, drain and then another quick rinse/soak of any temp water, Perfect on occasion!)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals