Ginger EO's Health-effects Due To E2-mimickry? Not Quite

LeeLemonoil

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2213434416300056

First of all, if somebody got access to the full publication pls let me know.

It's a study about the effects of the Essential oil of Ginger on Rheumatoid Arthritis.
The EO's seem to mitigate inflammation and ahve a general favourbale effect on the condition, and
the scientist claim it is due to actions that are similar to those that 17ß-Estradiol (E2) would excert on that condition. This would be in line with te classification of some of the phenolic essential oil components as phyto-estrogens.
However, the Essential oil does not have the same effects like E2 on "classic estrogen-responsive organs".

It think it is an interesting find. It might indictae that some phytoestrogens are anti-estrogenic in that they have protective effect similar to that of estrogens without some of the bad (substituting estrogens in some tissue).
It's a complicated field and I'm not aware that there is a definitive consensus. Some proclaim that some phytoestrogens are healthy via repalcing the harmfu endogenous ones, maybe this is an indication

beachbum

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2213434416300056

First of all, if somebody got access to the full publication pls let me know.

It's a study about the effects of the Essential oil of Ginger on Rheumatoid Arthritis.
The EO's seem to mitigate inflammation and ahve a general favourbale effect on the condition, and
the scientist claim it is due to actions that are similar to those that 17ß-Estradiol (E2) would excert on that condition. This would be in line with te classification of some of the phenolic essential oil components as phyto-estrogens.
However, the Essential oil does not have the same effects like E2 on "classic estrogen-responsive organs".

It think it is an interesting find. It might indictae that some phytoestrogens are anti-estrogenic in that they have protective effect similar to that of estrogens without some of the bad (substituting estrogens in some tissue).
It's a complicated field and I'm not aware that there is a definitive consensus. Some proclaim that some phytoestrogens are healthy via repalcing the harmfu endogenous ones, maybe this is an indication
Is ginger bad or good. Is it just essential oils only. I have real ginger soda once in awhile.

OP
L

LeeLemonoil

@beachbum
The posted study is mainly about the essential oil compnents, yes.
I for one think that Ginger taken every once in a while, be it the fresh root in dishes, dried powder, tea infusions, extracts or EO's
are all beneficial. All these forms will have different quantities of components, but the net effect of ginger tom my knowledge is pro-androgenic, anti-inflammatory, anti-serotonin ...
This thread:
Ginger Is A Seratonin Antagonist?
gives additionla details. It discusses an iraninan study among others that seems very good regarding Ginger's effects.

David PS

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom