Gilbert Syndrome / High Bilirubin / Bad Fat Digestion

managing

No definitely not. My approach of dealing with CFS was way more complex and multifaceted than just taking a probiotic.
But I can attribute the lowering of histamine issues to this probiotic. There are lots of other people with histamine issues who benefitted from these two strains. I've seen many german amazon reports of people giving 5 stars and talking about how it helped with their histamine intolerance.

Here are two studies regarding Bifidobacteria and histamine:
Suppression of histamine signaling by probiotic Lac-B: a possible mechanism of its anti-allergic effect. - PubMed - NCBI
Bifidobacterium mixture (B longum BB536, B infantis M-63, B breve M-16V) treatment in children with seasonal allergic rhinitis and intermittent asthma

Here's a post from @Mauritio , who I also recommended it to:
Experience With Phages?

I was taking my regular supplement regimen, eating my regular diet and just added the Bifidyn on top of that. No other changes.
I noticed the effects about 30 minutes after taking the first capsule. My nasal congestion cleared up and breathing was a lot easier.
After taking it for a couple of weeks I was able to eat histamine containing foods again without issues.
Thank you, this is all very interesting. Thanks for your patience with our questions.

OP
M

Motif

Just ordered the stuff. I’ll let you know how it’s working or not

managing

Ok interesting. I will buy one bottle of this byfidin stuff and see what it does for me.
It appears to be quite cheap. It has dicalcium phosphate and magnesium stearate which I am not too excited about. But if the microbes do as represented, it will cancel at least some of their affects.

golder

Going to try this Bifidyn. I seem to have a permanent stuffy nose (even after anitbiotic courses) so I'm guessing that there is some histamine producing bacteria in the gut. Out of curiosity for those who have had success with this...what sort of dosage/timing/frequency have you used? Is there a 'higher attack dose' for the initial serving type idea when it comes to probiotics? Thanks!

Last edited:

shine

Going to try this Bifidyn. I seem to have a permanent stuffy nose (even after anitbiotic courses) so I'm guessing that there is some histamine producing bacteria in the gut. Out of curiosity for those who have had success with this...what sort of dosage/timing/frequency have you used? Is there a 'higher attack dose' for the initial serving type idea when it comes to probiotics? Thanks!

1 capsule daily before breakfast. Some people take 2 capsules for the first few days but I don't think that's necessary.

managing

I am also considering this product:

Kyo-Dophilus Daily Probiotic

It also has nasty excipients, but is easier to find for me.

It has the two bifidobacterium species plus Lactobacillus gasseri, which also is associated with histamine degradation in well controlled studies. An interesting thing I turned up is that B. longum is associated with proliferating Bacteriodes species for unknown reasons. It somehow supports them. Bacteriodes is well associated with relative thinness, but if you supplement it it seems to die off rapidly. Some kind of symbiotic relationship with B. longum though allows it to thrive.

EDIT: Bifidyn seems to be discontinued by the manufacturer and widely unavailable. I have found it a few places, but question product freshness as I don't know when it was discontinued. This is in the US.

Last edited:

Giraffe

@Motif, do you still do the magnesium bath you mentioned in another thread?

Do you take any meds that could interfere with copper metabolism?

OP
M

Motif

No, I stopped them long time ago!

No meds!

I added dark chocolate now. Let’s see

shepherdgirl

Do you have bilirubin/digestive issues due to Gilbert's Syndrome? Could the symptoms be due to low bile and gallbladder/liver/pancreas issues (such as gallstones, sludgy bile, liver issues, etc.)? Have you heard of/ever taken TUDCA?

OP
M

Motif

Didn’t try tudca long enough.

Im taking probiotic right now. One pill a day.
My symptoms are worse.

OP
M

Motif

Will start tudca next week. Let’s see if it does something for me.

if not I probably get ox bile again. It helps with 500 mg per meal, but still I’d love to get my own bile flowing more.

Infinite

The product is called Bifidyn, it has 3 billion CFU. I took it daily for about 2-3 months. I still have some left and take one from time to time. I can eat everything again without an itchy nose/throat.

Do you still take Bifidyn? Looks like source naturals stopped making it...