Gilbert Syndrome / High Bilirubin / Bad Fat Digestion

Motif

all my life I had constioation issues and only need to go to toilet like once a week.

Now I found out that this issue disappears with taking a lot of ox bile.
Even my hot flashes disappear with it.

I guess my root cause is the liver, but I have no idea how to fix this!

I can't take taurine cause it gives me histamine issues (dermatitis / hair loss / seb eczema )

managing

all my life I had constioation issues and only need to go to toilet like once a week.

Now I found out that this issue disappears with taking a lot of ox bile.
Even my hot flashes disappear with it.

I guess my root cause is the liver, but I have no idea how to fix this!

I can't take taurine cause it gives me histamine issues (dermatitis / hair loss / seb eczema )
Have you been diagnosed with Gilbert's Syndrome?

I wonder if the histamine response from taurine is temporary from it mobilizing things out of lymph/spleen/gallbladder.

After some success w/ oxbile, have you tried taurine again?

Taurine and inflammatory diseases

OP
M

Motif

Yes.

Yeah, I tried it again. No difference unfortunately.

I really need to get rid of that histamine intolerance, but no idea how

managing

Yes.

This is speculative. But I believe my histamine issues were directly related to gut permeability.

managing

And you fixed it? How?
Its ongoing. But the most effective thing I've done so far is several weeks of apple cider vinegar/baking soda (search sodium acetate on this site) followed by turpentine.

Waynish

Its ongoing. But the most effective thing I've done so far is several weeks of apple cider vinegar/baking soda (search sodium acetate on this site) followed by turpentine.
Ya seems like chronic low stomach acid, and downstream (literally) effects.

Kray

Have you been diagnosed with Gilbert's Syndrome?

I wonder if the histamine response from taurine is temporary from it mobilizing things out of lymph/spleen/gallbladder.

After some success w/ oxbile, have you tried taurine again?

Taurine and inflammatory diseases

Appreciate this information. Checking out "ox bile" threads as I'm curious about low-dose as maintenance. Found a good-quality brand that has 125mg capsules (vs usual 500mg). However, I usually take taurine, anywhere from 1-1.5g/day, divided doses. I'm hoping the histamine reaction "motif" mentioned is not related to taurine. I have a history of allergy, especially springtime, so if it could be an issue I should know. But so far I can't say taurine causes a histaminic reaction.

What I'd like to know, would ox bile be overkill for someone who takes taurine regularly? Sometimes I do notice indigestion issues the later in the day I have fattier animal-based fats (lamb, meat, ice cream). I also don't know if ox bile could diminish one's own bile production, whereas I think taurine doesn't interfere that way, just helps with viscosity of bile and eases bile flow? Maybe you could set me straight on this.

I'm basically having trouble sorting out which does what. To add to the list, I sometimes take Digestive Bitters (someone mentioned bitter greens- this is probably the same effect) before or after a fatty meal. Does each play a different role in healthy digestion/gallbladder health-- taurine, ox bile, bitters?

shine

Yes.

I got rid of mine with Bifidobacterium longum and Bifidobacterium bifidum. These bacteria degrade histamine in the gut.

managing

I got rid of mine with Bifidobacterium longum and Bifidobacterium bifidum. These bacteria degrade histamine in the gut.
Care to say more? Source? Dose? Length of time? One time deal or maintenance dose?

shine

Care to say more? Source? Dose? Length of time? One time deal or maintenance dose?
The product is called Bifidyn, it has 3 billion CFU. I took it daily for about 2-3 months. I still have some left and take one from time to time. I can eat everything again without an itchy nose/throat.

OP
M

Motif

Was the itchy nose your only symptom? For how long did you have this?

shine

For 4 years maybe. I also had headaches, loose stools, irritability and rapid heartbeat from certain foods.

I was generally in a bad condition during that time, mostly bedridden with CFS.

OP
M

Motif

Interesting. And you Are sure this stuff got you out there?

Do you know how the experiences from other people who tried this are ?

managing

And were you doing other things differently during this 2-3 mo treatment time? How quickly did you feel the response?

shine

No definitely not. My approach of dealing with CFS was way more complex and multifaceted than just taking a probiotic.
But I can attribute the lowering of histamine issues to this probiotic. There are lots of other people with histamine issues who benefitted from these two strains. I've seen many german amazon reports of people giving 5 stars and talking about how it helped with their histamine intolerance.

Here are two studies regarding Bifidobacteria and histamine:
Suppression of histamine signaling by probiotic Lac-B: a possible mechanism of its anti-allergic effect. - PubMed - NCBI
Bifidobacterium mixture (B longum BB536, B infantis M-63, B breve M-16V) treatment in children with seasonal allergic rhinitis and intermittent asthma

Here's a post from @Mauritio , who I also recommended it to:
Experience With Phages?

And were you doing other things differently during this 2-3 mo treatment time? How quickly did you feel the response?

I was taking my regular supplement regimen, eating my regular diet and just added the Bifidyn on top of that. No other changes.
I noticed the effects about 30 minutes after taking the first capsule. My nasal congestion cleared up and breathing was a lot easier.
After taking it for a couple of weeks I was able to eat histamine containing foods again without issues.

milkboi

No definitely not. My approach of dealing with CFS was way more complex and multifaceted than just taking a probiotic.
But I can attribute the lowering of histamine issues to this probiotic. There are lots of other people with histamine issues who benefitted from these two strains. I've seen many german amazon reports of people giving 5 stars and talking about how it helped with their histamine intolerance.

Suppression of histamine signaling by probiotic Lac-B: a possible mechanism of its anti-allergic effect. - PubMed - NCBI
Bifidobacterium mixture (B longum BB536, B infantis M-63, B breve M-16V) treatment in children with seasonal allergic rhinitis and intermittent asthma

Experience With Phages?

I was taking my regular supplement regimen, eating my regular diet and just added the Bifidyn on top of that. No other changes.
I noticed the effects about 30 minutes after taking the first capsule. My nasal congestion cleared up and breathing was a lot easier.
After taking it for a couple of weeks I was able to eat histamine containing foods again without issues.

So what was your approach to beat CFS? Do you already have a thread or post on it?

OP
M

Motif

Experience With Phages?

Ok interesting. I will buy one bottle of this byfidin stuff and see what it does for me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals