Gi Issues, Chronic Bile reflux gastritis, bloating and Constipation.

How could I permanently heal my stomach?

• Avoiding certain triggers

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Finding the root cause and eliminating it

Votes: 9 90.0%

• Total voters

FrostedShores

OliviaD

I honestly think it is a pretty remarkable substance. Helps bile and gallbladder and liver and reflux and Bacterial infections in upper GI etc. etc.
Wow - I have never even heard of this, but I am on my way to look it up now! Although I purportedly have reflux, those aren't the kind of symptoms that plague me most, but I sure have issues w/ the other things.. except the gallbladder, which is gone.

FrostedShores

OliviaD

I noticed results within a few days - the intensity lessened quite a bit by then. It took maybe two weeks for the heartburn to go away completely. That's the dose I started with (500mg 2x/day). I got the idea from reading the following thread:

Solved? - IBS, SIBO, GERD, LPR, Colitis, Constipation, Celiac, Brain Fog
That's great! I don't have heartburn, but many of the other issues it is supposed to help. I just recently started the BI, and am having bad headaches and some wierd extremity pains at just 250 mg 1x/day. I am certain it is the B1, b/c I only do one new thing at a time, and it comes on in about and hour or 2 after I take it. I have been taking a B supplement along with it.

@mostlylurking has given me some good references to read, and I will read the thread you suggested. I need to to do that and go through his/her post and perhaps reformulate my plan :) . Thanks for replying!

Vileplume

If your diet is high in liquid like mine, increasing salt (meaning adding salt beyond just salting food) can help create bulk.

In my experience, dehydration plays a critical role in constipation. When I do excessive dehydrating activities--like drinking alcohol, excessive sweating, drinking too much coffee, or drinking lots of liquids without salt--my stool loses bulk and I get constipated.

Over the past week, in addition to my easily digestible fibers (carrots and ripe strawberries), I've been taking 1/2 tsp of salt 6 times throughout the day, totaling 1 Tbsp throughout the day. So far my stool has gained significant bulk and I feel better.

OliviaD

If your diet is high in liquid like mine, increasing salt (meaning adding salt beyond just salting food) can help create bulk.

In my experience, dehydration plays a critical role in constipation. When I do excessive dehydrating activities--like drinking alcohol, excessive sweating, drinking too much coffee, or drinking lots of liquids without salt--my stool loses bulk and I get constipated.

Over the past week, in addition to my easily digestible fibers (carrots and ripe strawberries), I've been taking 1/2 tsp of salt 6 times throughout the day, totaling 1 Tbsp throughout the day. So far my stool has gained significant bulk and I feel better.
Interesting. this would be an easy thing to try. Do you dissolve it in water?

Vileplume

Interesting. this would be an easy thing to try. Do you dissolve it in water?
You could do that, but I just take dump the salt in my mouth from a 1/2tsp scoop and chase it with a sip of water. I saw positive results in two days.

OliviaD

You could do that, but I just take dump the salt in my mouth from a 1/2tsp scoop and chase it with a sip of water. I saw positive results in two days.
Thanks! I like that way - if I dissolve it in water, I will have to drink more liquid, it takes longer to get it in... have trouble drinking a lot at once.

BearWithMe

You can't do that with inflamed stomach. You would immediatelly vomit everything inside you, and then some. You would vomit yourself into oblivion.

Vileplume

You can't do that with inflamed stomach. You would immediatelly vomit everything inside you, and then some. You would vomit yourself into oblivion.
I have inflamed intestines and it works fine for me.