GHK-Cu (Copper Peptide) Experience and Discussion

Mossy

I'm starting a thread for GHK-Cu discussion. There doesn't seem to be a lot on it on this forum. What motivated me to start it is an ongoing discussion about it on another thread that was derailing the original topic. I'll follow up with that post next.

Last edited:
OP
Mossy

Mossy

Hi Rick, I used to use copper peptide products over ten years ago, but only topically. I felt they were good stuff, but have since needed to greatly reduce my budget for these kind of specialty products. Your suggestion of buying the straight GHK-Cu and making my own serum makes this much more affordable. At the risk of asking a stupid question, what gave you the confidence to take the GHK-Cu you reference internally? Also, I thought I'd offer up a very good price I've found on GHK-Cu, which seems to be a spitting image, spec-wise, of the product you've been ordering:
@Rick K - Moving this post as mentioned above.

youngsinatra

I would be very interested in a recipe for making a self-made GHK-Cu serum.

OP
Mossy

Mossy

Could high doses of GHK-Cu (copper peptide that inhibits the 5-alpha reductase enzyme) also cause PFS? See post here:
GHK-Cu reducing DHT • r/Nootropics
I'm adding this post for discussion about possible negative side-effects of GHK-Cu. Normally, I would be inclined to consider this purely speculation or fear-mongering, but the time in my life when I was using copper peptides twice daily, topically, I experienced a major health-crash: major hypothyroid symptoms, consisting of real anxiety for the first time in my life—a symptom of low DHT. I understand there are many variables to determine true cause and effect, but thought it may be worth considering.

Here is an additional post to the one above:
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Peptides/comments/ghp9y3/does_ghkcu_systemically_lower_dht_like_finasteride/

Last edited:
OP
Mossy

Mossy

I would be very interested in a recipe for making a self-made GHK-Cu serum.
Yes, that would be good to know. My first thought is a very simple recipe, using the 1-2% rule, which you'll see suggested on many sellers of GHK-Cu, mixing the 1-2% GHK-Cu into a base of hyaluronic acid. Maybe aloe vera would be a good base as well.

Rick K

@Rick K - Moving this post as mentioned above.
GHK is manufactured by the body. Taking it internally provides systemic benefits. Most people react to what they see and applying this peptide topically (which works wonders) really only affects the local region. The point that I'm trying to make is that wrinkles on one's face do not indicate a collagen issue there alone. That may be the first place people notice but more areas will soon appear. The best place to address this is from an internal perspective.

OP
Mossy

Mossy

GHK is manufactured by the body. Taking it internally provides systemic benefits. Most people react to what they see and applying this peptide topically (which works wonders) really only affects the local region. The point that I'm trying to make is that wrinkles on one's face do not indicate a collagen issue there alone. That may be the first place people notice but more areas will soon appear. The best place to address this is from an internal perspective.
I hear what you're saying and think it makes sense, in terms of approaching it systemically, and how internal application seems to be best for that. My question was more centered on the safety aspect of taking that "research" product in that manner, given all of the disclaimers. But, I assume that the certifications provided for the product were enough to satisfy you.

golder

I was going to add this to my bottle of solban now the hope I would achieve a slight darkening of hair? Is this a plausible thing to do?

Rick K

I hear what you're saying and think it makes sense, in terms of approaching it systemically, and how internal application seems to be best for that. My question was more centered on the safety aspect of taking that "research" product in that manner, given all of the disclaimers. But, I assume that the certifications provided for the product were enough to satisfy you.
Those disclaimers are for legal purposes only. Peptides can only be sold legally as research products. It's like saying DMSO is for veterinary use only as it's unsafe for humans. Pure codswallop.

OP
Mossy

Mossy

Those disclaimers are for legal purposes only. Peptides can only be sold legally as research products. It's like saying DMSO is for veterinary use only as it's unsafe for humans. Pure codswallop.
I hear you. It does interest me to try this internally. At the least, I may start topically again. Thanks for sharing your insight.

OP
Mossy

Mossy

I was going to add this to my bottle of solban now the hope I would achieve a slight darkening of hair? Is this a plausible thing to do?
Years back, I used GHK-Cu for quite some time, topically, twice a day on the scalp; and I'd say that it helped to keep my hair and its color. I'm not into fear-mongering, but I do have a question about the proposed anti-DHT aspect of it, as brought up here. It may not be true, as @Rick K has shared nothing but success with it. Maybe it was just a coincidence that my health collapse was during the time of using these peptides.

kaybb

Can I ask what the brand name of the one you take internally? I’d like to look into this.

kaybb

I'm starting a thread for GHK-Cu discussion. There doesn't seem to be a lot on it on this forum. What motivated me to start it is an ongoing discussion about it on another thread that was derailing the original topic. I'll follow up with that post next.
Has anyone heard of Livewave patches X-39? They claim it affects GHK-cu.
The company has other patches with phenomenal testimonials. Utube videos by Chiropractor Jon Harmon, and Susan Allan.

OP
Mossy

Mossy

Has anyone heard of Livewave patches X-39? They claim it affects GHK-cu.
The company has other patches with phenomenal testimonials. Utube videos by Chiropractor Jon Harmon, and Susan Allan.
I have not heard of these before, but just looked them up. They are quite pricey.

kaybb

I have not heard of these before, but just looked them up. They are quite pricey.
Agreed! The price stopped me from trying them. I was hoping someone had some experiences that would help me decide .

golder

Anyone else got any more experiences/info regarding GHK copper over just regular copper?

Vajra

Years back, I used GHK-Cu for quite some time, topically, twice a day on the scalp; and I'd say that it helped to keep my hair and its color. I'm not into fear-mongering, but I do have a question about the proposed anti-DHT aspect of it, as brought up here. It may not be true, as @Rick K has shared nothing but success with it. Maybe it was just a coincidence that my health collapse was during the time of using these peptides.
Yeah it seems really interesting, but an unfortunate subset of people see inhibiting 5α-reductase as a good thing, and an even more unfortunate subset just equates improvement in alopecia with 5αr inhibition, so I think it's probably just marketing. Still haven't found a source on it. Like others said, adverse effects could be due to mineral imbalances from the copper

Vajra

Increased copper ions in the skin is better at inhibiting the type 1 5-AR that damages hair growth. Sugimoto et al (Sugimoto 1995) found that copper (II) ions could give up to a 90% inhibition of type 1 5-AR. at At 0.12 micrograms copper ion per milliliter, there was a 50% reduction in activity of type 1 alpha reductase but copper (II) ions were 10-fold less active on inhibiting the type 2 prostate type. Thus, copper ions are more specific inhibitors of 5-AR than finasteride. (18)

Vajra

A previous report from Stamatiadis et al [15] showed that zinc and azelaic acid could inhibit 5α-reductase activity in human skin. Zinc has long been used in dermatology and is reported to reduce sebum secretion [16]. This cation has also been found in high concentrations in the prostate [17,18] and is thus suggested to play a regulatory role in testosterone metabolism in this organ [19].

test

Black = type 1 5α-r; white = type 2 5α-r
If anybody wants to interpret the in vitro procedure as described in the Materials and Methods section, be my guest. The main question we all want answered is what this implies for people simply using a topical serum, with regards to any local or systemic changes to 5α-r...