Gf Pregnant

tygertgr

If the wedding is not next month, on any statistical basis you have already done your child an immense disservice. Nutrition questions pale in comparison to the issue of having stable, married parents who are committed to each-other for life.

somuch4food

If the wedding is not next month, on any statistical basis you have already done your child an immense disservice. Nutrition questions pale in comparison to the issue of having stable, married parents who are committed to each-other for life.

Marriage has nothing to do with a stable committed relationship...

Please don't supplement with Vitamin A! When I was pregnant with my daughter in 1992, I was told, by my doctor, not to supplement with Vitamin A because it can cause birth defects. I know this is controversial in the Peat world, but I am opposed to Vitamin A in any form. In case you aren't aware of Grant Genereux, you can read his three free ebooks and draw your own conclusions. Congrats by the way! www.ggenereux.blog

Runenight201

Marriage has nothing to do with a stable committed relationship...

But it is an external pact, reinforced through social pressures, that provides an incentive to keep the relationship stable and committed.

It is a ritual that brings to the surface and solidifies the underlying notions of love, devotion, and support between a couple, and in doing so strengthens that bond between the two.

I think the ritual is a powerful custom which strengthens the underlying emotional and mental themes which we experience. The graduate doesn’t need to go on stage and receive his diploma to make them anymore knowledgeable in their field of study, but it does provide an immense feeling of accomplishment and pride, which strengthens the graduate to then boldly go about their career in an intense and impactful manner.

baccheion

But it is an external pact, reinforced through social pressures, that provides an incentive to keep the relationship stable and committed.

It is a ritual that brings to the surface and solidifies the underlying notions of love, devotion, and support between a couple, and in doing so strengthens that bond between the two.

I think the ritual is a powerful custom which strengthens the underlying emotional and mental themes which we experience. The graduate doesn’t need to go on stage and receive his diploma to make them anymore knowledgeable in their field of study, but it does provide an immense feeling of accomplishment and pride, which strengthens the graduate to then boldly go about their career in an intense and impactful manner.
Divorce is easier nowadays. Originally, marriage was a legal contract binding the woman to a male. Similar to slaves becoming property. Women couldn't even vote.

On the other hand, the most common personality types among males are ISTJ and ESTJ. Among women, ISFJ and ESFJ. Even in the past, xSxJ types were most common among males and females. Judgers prefer such stability/trapping and may benefit from its presence. A majority (~57.8%) of the population are judgers.

50% of first marriages occurring when both are 26-35 years old (most common age for males and females to get married is 29 and 28, respectively) end in divorce within 10 years. 2/3rds for second marriages and 3/4ths for third marriages.

There's a 1 in 5 chance there'll be minimal mutual compatibility between a random male (interested in women) and a random female (interested in men). 1 in 2 people are at least not unattractive, 1 in 3 are outright attractive, and 1 in 5 are hot. That is, 1 in 20 pairings feature minimal mutual compatibility and reciprocated physical attraction. 5%. Spun out to a macro level, 5% is also the maximum number of pairs/relationships that can feature such compatibility (a lot of overlap in answers). Even if expanded to 20%, that leaves 80% of pairings featuring dissatisfaction.

A majority of the population do not have a compatible match, especially when competition/overlap is introduced. Based on the above percentages, I hypothesize that most in a relationship are unsatisfied (even if with no one, as most are single due to it being the best/only option rather than by choice).

Imagine what it was like when women were ostracized and considered unviable if not married by their 20s, especially given the limited career prospects and inability to vote.

Marriage was clearly a wonderful thing. [/sarcasm]

Last edited:

Runenight201

Divorce is easier nowadays. Originally, marriage was a legal contract binding the woman to a male. Similar to slaves becoming property. Women couldn't even vote.

On the other hand, the most common personality types among males are ISTJ and ESTJ. Among women, ISFJ and ESFJ. Even in the past, xSxJ types were most common among males and females. Judgers prefer such stability/trapping and may benefit from its presence. A majority (~57.8%) of the population are judgers.

50% of first marriages occurring when both were 26-35 years old (most common age for males and females to get married is 29 and 28, respectively) end in divorce within 10 years. 2/3rds for second marriages and 3/4ths for third marriages.

There's a 1 in 5 chance there'll be minimal mutual compatibility between a random male (interested in women) and a random female (interested in men). 1 in 2 people are at least not unattractive, 1 in 3 are outright attractive, and 1 in 5 are hot. That is, 1 in 20 pairings feature minimal mutual compatibility and reciprocated physical attraction. 5%. Spun out to a macro level, 5% is also the maximum number of pairs/relationships that can feature such compatibility (a lot of overlap in answers). Even if expanded to 20%, that leaves 80% of pairings featuring dissatisfaction.

A majority of the population doesn't have a compatible match, especially when competition/overlap is introduced. Based on the above percentages, I hypothesize that a majority of people are unhappy in their relationship (even if with no one, as most are single due to it being the best/only option rather than by choice).

So we should do something to push those odds higher so there won’t be as much incompatibility in marriages. Better health = more attractive people. Systematic conformity on moral values and modes of behavior make for more mutual compatibility?

somuch4food

If the couple sees value in having a ceremony, they are free to do so. I have never been one to like pompous social gatherings and marriage would mostly results in additionnal stress and not much added value for me and my partner, not to mention the money usually involved in such events.

We prefer to enjoy the little things. That's partly cultural though since here in Quebec. Marriage is tightly associated with religion and religion has been fringed upon since the quiet revolution in the 60s. Both my parents and my partner's are unmarried couples.