Getting Started. Thoughts

Stunning4keke

thank you both pboy and j! that helps me a lot. so as far as the topical oils is it okay for me to use something with let's say--these ingredients since i know this company only puts high quality ingredients in and there are only about 4 PUFA's and maybe it's about the ratio as far as the topical lotions?

Agua (Distilled Water), Jojoba Beads, Milk Caprilic/Capric Triglycerides , Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract, Paraguay Tea Extract, Ivy (Hedera Helix) Extract, Violet Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Sesame (Sesamum Indicum) Oil, Hawaiian Seaplant Extract, Borage (Borago Officinallis) Seed Oil, Macademun (Ternifolia) Nut Oil, Aleurites Moluccana (Kukui) Seed Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, D-apha-tocopherol (Vitamin E), Vitamin E Lanoleate.

or do i just need to only use a coconut, olive or palm oil, shea butter type of body oil or lotion? or try to find a lotion and face cream that absolutely as none of those oils? which is hard so far.

and

i guess that i have already stopped all the PUFA since i stopped all fish oil, omega, all the other oils, breaskfast cereals, etc.. so would you say that i have started the process of detoxifying PUFA from my body?

thanks! stunning
p.s. like i mentioned on the other PUFA thread--i am an Esthetician and we have been taught to use all those oils such as almond oil, avacado oil, evening primrose oil, etc. on the skin and now i have to look for so many new skin care items. it's not just about me--it's about my clients.

Stunning4keke

hi again j,

well i've stopped all cooking oils, omega's and fish oils. so you're saying that one can sometimes see the positive effects after months? what are some of the effects? just feeling better since the thyroid ad immune system isn't being supressed?

J

j.

Stunning4keke said:
hi again j,

well i've stopped all cooking oils, omega's and fish oils. so you're saying that one can sometimes see the positive effects after months? what are some of the effects? just feeling better since the thyroid ad immune system isn't being supressed?

The specific improvements change from person to person. Depending on what's wrong with you. It took me three months to be able to eat sugar without discomfort. I would feel bad, have palpitations, etc., after eating sugar, for years. Then I stopped consuming PUFAs and in three months I felt noticeable better, and a few months later it completely went away.

The main sources of PUFA are vegetable oils, which you mentioned. Also, you should choose beef over chicken or pork, because beef (or lamb, ruminants in general) has more saturated fats. Chicken and pork depends on the diet of these animals. Margarine, mayo, and most nuts also contain significant amounts of PUFA.

Dutchie

pboy said:
Stunning, I see you have a lot of questions about PUFA's and topical oils. All I can offer you is that I know coconut oil, cocoa butter, and dairy oils are safe, olive oil, palm oil, and shea butter are relatively benign (not going to hurt you). As for everything else, I think a general rule is that if its derived from a leaf, flower, bark, or fruit it is probably safe...if its derived from a seed its PUFA content is questionable. Sorry, its hard to know for sure with everything specifically
cocoa butterfor what they use in chocolate bars? Bc i saw somewhere that it actually contains some trans-fat which you defenitely dont want to have.

As for eggyolks having vit.a. butter also has vit.a and i know goat dairy too,so there no n3ed to eat it necessarily for vit.a

pboy

Yea cocoa butter (same as in chocolate)...it doesn't naturally contain trans fat, but I guess if it had been refined (hydrogenated) then it would, as with any oil...however I've never seen cocoa butter hydrogenated before