Getting Started. Thoughts

MrMoose63

So I've been working my way into a Peat diet over the last few weeks, so at this point I am emphasizing
Milk (Salted w/ Cocao Powder and White Sugar), Strained OJ, Grapes, Cherries (when they were in season), Oranges, Carrots, Onions,Cheese, Beef, Eggs, Potatoes w/ Coconut Oil and Coffee (this was just a few days ago). Moving forward I'm looking to get some hydrolyzed collagen to add to the OJ and Milk to improve my gelatin content. Bone broth and Ox Tail soup are not for me unfortunately. The last thing I want is to force food that I dislike on myself.

Moving forward I am looking to begin some supplementation, slowly adding something one at a time to feel the difference. Since my temps are between 96-97 and my pulse is between 65-72 I'm thinking Thyroid or Pregnenelone are a good place to start, in addition to the eggshell calcium and niacinamide I'm on.

I would love any feedback, what would you change, am I on the right track?

narouz

MrMoose63 said:
So I've been working my way into a Peat diet over the last few weeks, so at this point I am emphasizing
Milk (Salted w/ Cocao Powder and White Sugar), Strained OJ, Grapes, Cherries (when they were in season), Oranges, Carrots, Onions,Cheese, Beef, Eggs, Potatoes w/ Coconut Oil and Coffee (this was just a few days ago). Moving forward I'm looking to get some hydrolyzed collagen to add to the OJ and Milk to improve my gelatin content. Bone broth and Ox Tail soup are not for me unfortunately. The last thing I want is to force food that I dislike on myself.

Moving forward I am looking to begin some supplementation, slowly adding something one at a time to feel the difference. Since my temps are between 96-97 and my pulse is between 65-72 I'm thinking Thyroid or Pregnenelone are a good place to start, in addition to the eggshell calcium and niacinamide I'm on.

I would love any feedback, what would you change, am I on the right track?

MrMoose, that sounds pretty good.
I personally would not get the hydrolyzed collagen...
to tell you the truth I've forgotten exactly why I made that judgement at the time :oops:
but I just have some question marks about that product, its processing.

And I would not eat too much potato nor eat much beef.

The Thyroid is crucial,
and it would be best if you could find an open-minded, smart doc to work with you on that.
I would not use the synthetic thyroid.
Don't forget about salt.

OP
MrMoose63

MrMoose63

I doubt I'll be able to find a doctor willing to help out with Thyroid as my TSH is only around 1.5, well within the range of "normal". So in light of that I have been looking into Thiroyd, as it seems to be effective for many people and costs are incredible.

Kemby

Welcome MrMoose63,

As Narouz said, experimenting with salt/bicarbonate of soda is good. It made a big difference for me when I started adding it in. I just use bicarb as I can happily take a teaspoon of it at a time without gagging.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
One thing I wish i could change about all this, starting the thyroid sooner.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Oh, and I would have started aspirin and vitamin E sooner.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Aspirin does a myriad of wonderful things. Hopefully nwo can better nail it down to layperson terms. From what I gather, it reduces inflammation, helps protect against bad free fatty acids circulating in the blood, etc etc.

Here is a quick search for "aspirin" in the articles section.

search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=aspirin&fid%5B%5D=19

Stunning4keke

thanks Mrmoose63,

i am brand new to this and the only thing i've started is drinking the orange juice and i think i found a good one with no pulp, not from concentrate and it does have those swirls when you shake it like someone talked about so i hope it's good. and the daily raw carrot. and the bone broth.
can someone please tell me what i should do next? i have been reading about thyroid but have no idea where to start with that? i don't even know what levels are supposed to be for a blood test. i think temp is supposed to be 98.6 or 97.8? and what should resting pulse be?

okay so, what should level be for blood test for thyroid? what should temps and pulse be? should i start on Cynomel or Cynoplus?
p.s. how much orange juice does one need to drink and should one drink orange juice throughout the day?
any help would be great and also what else can i do diet wise while i am still learning? thanks, stunning!

J

j.

stunning, I suggest trying to gradually increase your protein intake until you get to 80 grams per week. Preferably these should be from milk, cheese, eggs, gelatin, or potatoes.

sctb

j. said:
stunning, I suggest trying to gradually increase your protein intake until you get to 80 grams per week. Preferably these should be from milk, cheese, eggs, gelatin, or potatoes.

Surely j means 80g per day :)

- Scott

J

j.

sctb said:
j. said:

Surely j means 80g per day :)

- Scott

yes!

Stunning4keke

well, that was going to be my next question--how can i find some kind of chart that has what the protein grams are like one egg
hamburger beef
one slice cheese
i've never done any of this so sorry.
thanks!

HDD

Use cronometer.com to keep track of your food or something similar.

Stunning4keke

are you supposed to cook eggs in both coconut and butter or either or? and how does that get the PUFA out? or what does it do to make the PUFA in eggs not so much?

sctb

Hi Stunning,

2 large eggs is ~1.5g PUFA, which in the context of a diet containing
50g or more of total fat is not such a big deal, especially if the rest
of the diet is milk, oj, shellfish, etc. Pastured eggs may have a slightly
better FA profile, so they're desirable over battery.

- Scott

Stunning4keke

doesn't one have to not eat any PUFA at all to start the detoxification process? how else can i learn what exactly is PUFA, what to avoid (even cosmetics) and what is okay? is there a PUFA list?

thanks!

pboy

Stunning, I see you have a lot of questions about PUFA's and topical oils. All I can offer you is that I know coconut oil, cocoa butter, and dairy oils are safe, olive oil, palm oil, and shea butter are relatively benign (not going to hurt you). As for everything else, I think a general rule is that if its derived from a leaf, flower, bark, or fruit it is probably safe...if its derived from a seed its PUFA content is questionable. Sorry, its hard to know for sure with everything specifically

J

j.

Stunning4keke said:
doesn't one have to not eat any PUFA at all to start the detoxification process? how else can i learn what exactly is PUFA, what to avoid (even cosmetics) and what is okay? is there a PUFA list?

thanks!

No, you just have to decrease the amount of PUFA you consume. The positive effects can be seen after months, or sometimes it takes years. I think that to be able to avoid PUFA for years you basically have to create good eating habits, for example, stopping buying cooking oils high in PUFA.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals