Getting Fat On T3?

Dr. B

Cypro with T3? So you take a downer (cypro) which kills histamine and lowers dopamine at high enough doses and thus increases appetite and then you take T3 which is supposed to stimulate neurotransmitters like dopamine, noradrenaline, and histamine and also stimulate the metabolic rate and increase calories burned.

You are taking 2 things that are fighting/opposing each other, cypro is winning because you are gaining weight. You cant raise the metabolism because of cypro ******* with your neurotransmitters and "stress" hormones which need to go up when you take T3 but they can't.

T3 does not get you fat it easily can drop fat off the body, its probably other things you are taking causing issues preventing it from working properly like the cypro.

Also increased estrogen is normal from T3, T3 raises all hormones.
i also gained weight off T3 alone, but pretty slowly and concerningly it also burned muscle tissue up. i wasnt using cypro or other things but was using vitamin d3 daily, maybe magnesium some vitamin k and random vitamins/minerals like b vitamins or magnesium zinc. i gained about 10 pounds on the scale in 2 months, but i probably lost 5 pounds muscle so in reality probably gained 15 pounds
apparently t3 alone can do this in some people, i never tried out t4/t3 combo but i use forefronts dessicated thyroid now. dont notice much good or bad from it. it apparently does have some silica in each capsule

Dr. B

It doesn't have to be a long term commitment. If you make an effort to improve your environment by limiting mold/EMF/PUFAs and getting better foods, light exposure, meaningful work, relationships then after a while you may find you no longer need the NDT.

It simply replaces thyroid hormones to compensate for inadequacies in your environment, you can stop at any time, and go back to where you were. But considering thyroid improves efficiency of energy use, and increases metabolic function, it also builds structure, so any period of thyroid supplementation is better than none if you are suffering.
do you need to do electronic or professional tests for mold or do you mean just visually staying away from it... i havent been near mold but dont know of the air quality in the house otherwise.

mrchibbs

do you need to do electronic or professional tests for mold or do you mean just visually staying away from it... i havent been near mold but dont know of the air quality in the house otherwise.
I had some professional tests done where I lived, but really anywhere humid or with visible or known water damage has mold already.

ddjd

Been applying Peat principals, diet and supplements for around 4 years and very little has made much difference.

Last bloodwork showed high androgens but I still experience poor sleep, libido, exercise tolerance and worsening body composition.

I'd held off because it seemed like a relatively drastic step but I finally decided to try supplemental thryroid.
T3 has improved mood and temps to degree but all other symptoms remain.

The biggest surprise is that I'm gaining belly fat quicker than I ever have.
My expectation based off reduced stress hormones was the exact opposite!

What might be happening here?
Thought I would update because I've partly got to the bottom of this issue.

So T3 for a minority of us causes increased belly fat, water retention, estrogenic symptoms etc.

ive realised if you increase your free cortisol (there are many options to do this)..... The weight comes off, water retention reduces, sleep improves. EVERYTHING improves by increasing free cortisol. T3 is known to cause clearance of free cortisol.

Options for increasing free cortisol are;

- Grapefruit ( inhibits 11 beta-OHSD, so stops cortisol breaking down to cortisone )
- adrenal cortex
- t4
- iodine
- Prednisone/hydrocortisone (low dose advised)

So just some advice for anyone getting fat from T3. Increase your free cortisol!

Dr. B

Thought I would update because I've partly got to the bottom of this issue.

So T3 for a minority of us causes increased belly fat, water retention, estrogenic symptoms etc.

ive realised if you increase your free cortisol (there are many options to do this)..... The weight comes off, water retention reduces, sleep improves. EVERYTHING improves by increasing free cortisol. T3 is known to cause clearance of free cortisol.

Options for increasing free cortisol are;

- Grapefruit ( inhibits 11 beta-OHSD, so stops cortisol breaking down to cortisone )
- adrenal cortex
- t4
- iodine
- Prednisone/hydrocortisone (low dose advised)

So just some advice for anyone getting fat from T3. Increase your free cortisol!
T3 increases cortisol itself doesnt it. I thought the increasing of cortisol caused by T3 is responsible for the negative effects. Did you test out using any of those substances alongside it? I got severe negative effecrs from iodine, similar to T3. I didnt try out prednisone but i had all the cortisol type symptoms from iodine or t3.

I have used adrenal cortex and didnt notice much probably since its a food.

Grapefruit will inhibit estrogen breakdown and also inhibit breakdown of other hormones and drugs... maybe if you are very lean and healthy, not producing much estrogen or cortisol, in that case grapefruit might be helpful and increase testosterone or something?

ddjd

T3 increases cortisol itself doesnt it. I thought the increasing of cortisol caused by T3 is responsible for the negative effects. Did you test out using any of those substances alongside it? I got severe negative effecrs from iodine, similar to T3. I didnt try out prednisone but i had all the cortisol type symptoms from iodine or t3.

I have used adrenal cortex and didnt notice much probably since its a food.

Grapefruit will inhibit estrogen breakdown and also inhibit breakdown of other hormones and drugs... maybe if you are very lean and healthy, not producing much estrogen or cortisol, in that case grapefruit might be helpful and increase testosterone or something?
Paul Robinson would say that T3 increases cortisol yes, but it makes absolutely zero sense to me.

A lot of people in this forum have described how they experience very low cortisol symptoms after a few days on T3.

Some doctors I follow, experts in cortisol, also explain how T3 "clears" cortisol from the body- this would be my exact personal experience also

Dr. B

Paul Robinson would say that T3 increases cortisol yes, but it makes absolutely zero sense to me.

A lot of people in this forum have described how they experience very low cortisol symptoms after a few days on T3.

Some doctors I follow, experts in cortisol, also explain how T3 "clears" cortisol from the body- this would be my exact personal experience also
there was a post on here saying T3 increases cortisol and also increases its clearance from the body. supposedly higher metabolism you create more but excrete it faster. but in my experience i dont think the increased excretion is enough to counteract the increased production since I got all the cortisol like symptoms from using T3 by itself. i used 8mcg every 2 hours, 12 hours a day, so 48mcg total. i got muscle loss, hair loss, and fat gain from it.

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
Can anyone tell me where I can find a clear set of instructions on:
- Taking one's temperature (when and how - orally?)
- What the temps should be?

Thanks.

Dr. B

Can anyone tell me where I can find a clear set of instructions on:
- Taking one's temperature (when and how - orally?)
- What the temps should be?

Thanks.

98.6 is considered “normal” officially, but maybe 100 degrees is best and indicates a high metabolism? Above 100 degrees F is too high

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals